Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How To: Member Map

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The "edit" function has been turned on for registered users. You guys should be able to edit your own at the very least now.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Well, looks like everyone can edit everyone's...
    I'd like to assume we could all behave as far as that goes...

edit- though I might have to edit matt's to say "I'm a big ol' bumbler bum"... j/k
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would certainly hope so.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

looks like its all or nothing then. However, we do have the "last edited" mark on there so at least we can tell who is screwing around if it happens.

The only other option is to assign a moderator to move these for people but that seems like over managing. Thanks for testing it Ronnie

In light of recent testing, I've decided to test it further.
    My apologies to Fruno.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't be messing Ronnie

People don't take too kindly to that stuff for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Don't be messing Ronnie

People don't take too kindly to that stuff for the most part.
    I figured Fruno would get a chuckle out of it, otherwise I wouldn't have.

It's like the old post-editing game we had goin at .net so long ago

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, I can understand that and I am sure Fruno wouldn't have a problem.

However...I really do not want anyone editing a member map entry that is not one of their own. We have already had misunderstandings that way and once the site grows, its going to be hard to have a "ha,ha,wink,wink" kind of deal.

I think its just a bad idea to set any kind of standard on messing with those, not to mention, it shows you own his entry right now and that is going to get very confusing

Sure, I can understand that and I am sure Fruno wouldn't have a problem.

However...I really do not want anyone editing a member map entry that is not one of their own. We have already had misunderstandings that way and once the site grows, its going to be hard to have a "ha,ha,wink,wink" kind of deal.

I think its just a bad idea to set any kind of standard on messing with those, not to mention, it shows you own his entry right now and that is going to get very confusing
    I agree, but can't finding it very funny that I pwn Fruno...lol
    He can edit it when he gets here.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So...no way I can ask that we don't edit others map entries even as a joke?

I know this particular time doesn't matter, I am talking about the future.

aye aye cappy...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you sir

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Hmmm. With the lat & long values takes from Wiki, I live in Georgia. Go figure.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what you mean there Bethany

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I was too lazy to scroll until I found me so I C&P's the latitude and longitude for my town and my little blue thing looks like it's in Georgia.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm...you would think that was a standard.

latitude and longitude I mean. Have no idea if the map here or the c&p is right but its easy to move to the right place if you edit the element.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am now on the map as Wizard's Roost

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Wiz--I saw Letti put herself on there to, its great to get an idea of where people live.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Wiz--I saw Letti put herself on there to, its great to get an idea of where people live.
    Yeah Matt, it's pretty cool to see how international and diverse we are. It was a coin toss whether I listed NYC or CT as my home since I seem to spend about an equal amount of time in each place.

And then there is you out there is BEAUTIFUL Colorado which is like a different country compared to NYC!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

It really was my pleasure.
    I adore that map but it makes my remember how far I am from most of you. *sigh*

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I clicked on my location in the UK and entered info in all the fields...but I've ended up in the ocean by Spain and Africa!??

No worries - sorted it
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 10-02-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Fixed it!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you live on Bow-wow Road?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that where I put myself? I didn't zoom in that much...no, I'm not on Bow Wow - but thats a cool name huh! Funny thing is, its a leafy little lane along the river where everyone walks their dogs

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Is that where I put myself? I didn't zoom in that much...no, I'm not on Bow Wow - but thats a cool name huh! Funny thing is, its a leafy little lane along the river where everyone walks their dogs
    Nonsense. It's that path in Hades, guarded by Cerberus.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast