Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Usual Suspects

4 20.00%
  • The Lord of The Rings - The Two Towers

7 35.00%
  • Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)

5 25.00%
  • Donnie Darko

4 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMOAT - Round 2, Group F

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 2, Group F

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

LotR's gets my vote. I loved the stories, and I am one who very much enjoyed the films as well.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, I know someone around here had a GREAT sig that said something like "I don't care who you are, no one understands Donny Darko" or something like that.

ETA : Went with Two Towers. Usual Suspects takes too long to get to the big "reveal", IMHO. To me, it's mediocre until that very moment.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Dr. Strangelove by a wide margin.

For me, The Two Towers is where PJ really started to abandon the Tolkien material and just make up his own shit as he went along. I also don't think it stands as an individual movie. Usual Suspects and Donnie Darko are both very good, but nowhere near as good as Dr. Strangelove.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen one of these movies, so I'll skip voting on this one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Brice, you've never seen Dr. Strangelove? Interesting. I definitely think you'd appreciate that one. It contains three of Peter Sellers' best performances.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I've never seen it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

the only one of these I saw was LOTR and I didn't really like it that much so I guess I'll stay out of this one.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

"Kaisar Soeze!" (sp)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

For me, The Two Towers is where PJ really started to abandon the Tolkien material and just make up his own shit as he went along. I also don't think it stands as an individual movie. Usual Suspects and Donnie Darko are both very good, but nowhere near as good as Dr. Strangelove.
    QFT.

Poor Faramir.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Poor Faramir.
    That is, in large part, what pissed me off the most (of all of the things about those movies that pissed me off). The portrayal of Faramir was so totally against the Faramir from the books. They just made him into a second Boromir.

Spoiler:
    They may as well have just left Boromir alive and skipped Faramir altogether.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

Seriously, dude, are you like my long-lost brother or something?

I echo everything Jayson just said here.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

I'd be proud to have you as a sister Laura.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

going with donnie darko here. never saw any of the lord of the rings movies. never saw doctor strangelove. and while i have seen the usual suspects, and like it a lot, it just isn't in the same league as donnie darko.

pssssst. brice. i'm not above bribery as i think we've established!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Everyone who DOESN'T vote for Doctor Strangelove will have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought my sister was the only one who had never seen The Lord of The Rings.

I'll have to tell her she's not alone.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump!*

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I thought my sister was the only one who had never seen The Lord of The Rings.

I'll have to tell her she's not alone.
    I've only seen the first one. We have them all I've just never got around to watching them. This happens when you have several thousand movies in the house and too little time for them all.

If you rescue me

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you kidding me? The worst installment of a good, but not great, movie trilogy being better than The Usual suspects?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

seriously spencer? The Two Towers is my favorite of the three.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I'm a Donnie Darko fan all the way
    btw, S. Darko, 2009!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine too ^^

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    seriously spencer? The Two Towers is my favorite of the three.
    Mine is Return of the King by far, The Two Towers dragged for me, and I must admit I'm biased by the way it ended. The book's ending point was MUCH better. I loved Fellowship also, but Two Towers just didn't do it for me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bumpage.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

This poll closes tonight!

+ Reply to Thread