Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How To: Member Photo Gallery

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Pixie - Did you try uploading from your own computer, rather than a website?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't messed around with that bulk upload option too much. One of the things I don't like about the gallery itself is it won't bulk upload from your local computer at all. Not sure why they would put an option for already hosted images.

Anyway, glad you got it worked out.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Pixie - Did you try uploading from your own computer, rather than a website?
    Yes I did and only two photos will upload. Everything else goes into a white screen.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I went into my pictures and I cropped them and the file size now fits. So I am uploading my collection and it is going good.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad it worked out. Forgot to ask if the images are jpegs, gifs, etc?

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

The images are jpegs.
    I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice and helped me.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am having the same problem as discussed above. I took pictures with my digital camera and tried to upload a few into an "album" but I just get a white screen. No error message about file size or anything--just a white screen.

Then, I go back to the upload page and it says photos are "in queue." Am I supposed to wait for the queue to clear? How do I know if a photo is too big? How do I make it smaller? I've got several hundred photos of my collection I spent all weekend so far taking. I'd like to start my own collections thread but I can't unless I can get these photos hosted here. I'll be really bummed out if all my work this weekend was all for nothing.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it has something to do with the size of the photo. I know I can put pictures from my 3 megapixel cell phone camera in with no problem, but my 8 megapixel camera absolutely won't work. You could try resizing them and see if that helps.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try to limit the size of your photos to less than 2,000x1,200.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love the photo gallery. Thanks so much for this feature!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to keep posting this question, I think this is the right spot for it.
    When I try to upload photos I am directed to a page with this error noted.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 62914560 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10000 bytes) in /home/jsmith/public_html/thedarktower.org/gallery/image-inc.php on line 138

Anyone seen this before?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks Brian........

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lower the total image file size.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! Quick question to anyone who might be able to offer some help with the gallery. I successfully uploaded my first four pictures, yay! But when I uploaded the 5th and 6th, despite the system giving me a "successful upload" notice, I cannot find them anywhere... Not sure what I am doing wrong. All pics are jpegs reduced in size to 800x600 pxls.

On a different note, how again does one move pics into a separate sub-gallery as talked about on page one of this thread? Those last two attempted pics were non-King books and I was hope to keep them in a separate folder of some kind.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just test uploaded a pic in your Gallery. There are no sub-folders-some Collectors asked for and were given a Collections area to upload pics to.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I see the cartoon you uploaded and I just uploaded one fine as well... Hmmmmm... I'm not sure what to say except maybe I was doing something wrong last night. Too tired probably. Anyway, thanks for your help! I should have probably waited until this morning and tried again before posting. Ah, well. No worries about the collections area. I can sort everything with the Keywords anyway, once I get many pictures uploaded.

Thanks again!

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I just rann into the problem again and I think I figured it out. I have several versions of the same pics on my hard drive and I think I was accidentally uploading the gigantic 3000x2000 copy instead of the 800x600. Still, it is weird that is gave me a successful message.

Anyway, all figured out. Thanks again!

John F. Kennedy XerxesRex is on a distinguished road XerxesRex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to link a picture but I think it was disallowed due to my new member pending status.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by XerxesRex View Post
    I tried to link a picture but I think it was disallowed due to my new member pending status.
    Yeah, you need 5 posts first. You'll get there have no fears!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Have tried to upload a pic four times now - all four times it looks successful, but when I go backl to my member library the new photo is not there - I have uploaded over 250 photos in the past weith no problem. The file in question is either carrie 040508.jpg or carrie040508.jpg.

I've tried both with the blank space and without it.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It might be too large a file. I PM'd you some info. We'll figure it out.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks - uploaded a smaller version without any problems! Its good to know there is some sort of limitation. THe original files I was trying were huge as I was going for high high resolution. I think what I ended up with was fine though!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Traveler Jumprgirl33 is on a distinguished road

I sure wish there was an easier way to upload pix

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jumprgirl33 View Post
    I sure wish there was an easier way to upload pix
    Just host them yourself on a service like photobucket.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I prefer to just tape them to my monitor.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5