Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Member Photo Gallery

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Worked for me Jon.
    I went to:
    Gallery
    Members galleries
    Jon

I chose upload photos, browsed my files, chose a pic and selected upload/submit

You now have a picture of my dog in your gallery. (I will delete shortly)
    Got any naked pis of my wife?

Everyone else has!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am doing well thus far but the only place I can upload is on ewok1.

Why not my own?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

ewok1--that's some odd uploading for a sheep guy

If you go to Gallery>Upload Photo>

the first option should just stay on "member galleries" and it should put the pic into yours through your sign on
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How come we don't have the option to delete pics? I have a few "stray" ones I'd like to get rid of.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

freaky setting, see if you have an option to do it now Daggers.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it now! Thanks!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Galleries of member

I dont know about you but i oftenly i'd like to find the galleries of a member (so with his pseudo) and its a fucking pain in the ass...

how to do it?

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go to: http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/ which is a tab on the toolbar.

Then click Member Galleries.

Then use the alphabetical links to find the correct member. Simple as that, I think.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Kevin pretty much summed it up, h-west. That's the easiest way.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Works like a charm, that is exactly it

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to merge this with the 'How to: Member Photo Gallery' in the tech support thread with a 1 day redirect.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well I posted some pictures... Almost all of them I'm sure everyone has seen before. I really need to get a scanner or a picturephone and put new pictures on here!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Well I posted some pictures... Almost all of them I'm sure everyone has seen before. I really need to get a scanner or a picturephone and put new pictures on here!
    Any nude???

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to post pictures other than as thumbnails and have been spectacularly unsuccessful. My images are on Imageshack, and I click on the Get cose for Forums button. I am then presented with two sets of codes, each of which seems to have two different addresses. No matter which of the four options I pick, I continually get a fail to upload the image when I'm in the Advanced mode of our forums here. What am I doing wrong? Here's the first of the two sets of addresses I get from Imageshack:

And here's the second:

[img=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8388/artofdarknessproofgw2.th.jpg]

Edit: Now that I posted this, you'll note that the image shows instead of the first set of addresses, but it has that annoying verbiage at the bottom that is NOT in the image.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What you would want to use is the "direct link" on Imageshack John.

Basically the rawest version of the link you can grab. Then use the "mountain" button in the tool bar to insert it.

The photo gallery here at the site actually does what imageshack does. It allows you to upload it from your computer to the site so that we can "host" it for you the way imageshack does.

Either one works.

I hope that answers your question.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Use the "Direct to Image" link and put it between [IMG] [/IMG]

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the options I see in Imageshack:

Create slideshow
    Post to blog
    Edit images
    Mark as private
    Mark as public
    Delete
    Get code for Forums
    Get code for Websites
    Get code for Email Add tags
    Remove tags Upload Image
    Upload Multiple Images

My Profile
    Logout
    Classic View

Which is the Direct Link?

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

When you upload the image there are a number of options. See pic.

Chose the very last one .... Direct link to image. Cut and paste the link in your message between the [img] [/img]

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    When you upload the image there are a number of options. See pic.

Chose the very last one .... Direct link to image. Cut and paste the link in your message between the [img] [/img]
    Thanks very much. I'll be trying it soon!

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Why am I getting this error when I try to download pics?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10000 bytes) in /home2/thedark/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 138

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Why am I getting this error when I try to download pics?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10000 bytes) in /home2/thedark/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 138
    Interesting. I just uploaded an image to your gallery w/o a problem. Sounds like a Matt issue.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It only seems to happen with images I've saved from my digital camera. Anything from the built in camera on the Mac works fine. I'm wondering if the file is too big, maybe?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Try resizing it and see if that works?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably won't have time to get to it until next week. I'm going to be out of town a few days.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what type of file your camera saves a picture as. I know some high end models save the pic as a bitmap, which creates HUGE files. Jpeg images are usually smaller.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast