Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Member Photo Gallery

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default How To: Member Photo Gallery

All of your images can be hosted right here on TheDarkTower.com

The Gallery itself uses a seperate SQL database on our server which allows us a variety of different options in using it. TheDarkTower.com has a vast amount of memory and unlimited bandwidth.

Your photos are of utmost importance to us and the

What follows is a tutorial on how to use the Gallery:

Click on the link to "Gallery" in the tool bar.

From here you have two options:

Upload your photo to your very own member Gallery. You have several options on how to do this.
    • You may simply upload to there--the database will manage your images under your personal gallery.
    • You can also create albums to subdivide your photos in your personal gallery.
    • From there, you can copy the image location to copy into any forum (including ours), you may also email the link to others.
    • Only registered users can see the member galleries
    • You may also upload your photo to the Special Catgories Gallery if it fits into one of those subjects (to be developed). Special Categories can be viewed by guests.
    • You may also create a Private Member Album. This will not be viewable to anyone except those people who you give the URL and password to.
      • This is simply for the more private folks on the site, not for risque pics
      • **TheDarkTower.com is not responsible for your password, cannot change it nor track who can see your personal album. We cannot be held responsible for who has it or doesn't, that is your total responsibility if you want to use the Private Albums feature**
    Choose the "upload photo" option on the upper right hand corner of the screen

Please post your questions here--the idea is to make it easier for all of us to share our lives through cool SK and personally related photos.

We can also leave comments for one an other on how much we love the photos.

Choose where you would like the photo to be stored, the title and description, then choose upload. You now have the option to copy its location and use it on forums or elsewhere through the use of the IMG button at the top of this reply box.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're really crazy about this member photo thing aren't you?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to make sure people have instructions on it, I love seeing photos of folks.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Photos can make us feel even closer.
    Cool.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its a really cool thing and I am hoping people will go out and establish a spot for their photos.

I check for new ones out there everyday.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so pleased to see some more member galleries out there. Great pics you guys.

couple of things on it
    • The Keywords Section: is used in conjunction with the database search. They should be relevant to what people would search for
      • In Patricks collection I made all the keywords the same (Patrick collection). That way anyone searching the words "patrick" or "collection"--would find those pics
      • Key words should be things that associate the pic for a search
        • For instance, Karen's baby could be...nerak family babies
        • That way, any searches for one of those keywords would bring back the pic (no comma's in between words)
    • The Photo Description: This is the text that shows up under the picture. Please feel free to put in as long of a description as you want. If you are the owner, you are the only one that can edit your pics in your gallery
      • When uploading the pic, the title is what will show as the name of the picture (anything you like does not have to be file name)
      • The description will show underneath if someone clicks on the photo
    • Comments and ratings: These are for the other members and are not required obviously--you guys are welcome to comment and rate the pics basically at will.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! I love this thing.

I just had a reason to research the cover of first edition photos and a search of each one in the gallery revealed exactly what I was looking for

Thanks to Jerome for pointing me in the right direction.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So are photos being hosted by dt.com? Isn't that killing your bandwith?

Can we host remotely? I have a boatload of room on my Comcast account. Seems to me I should use it, since I pay for it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually the site has unlimited bandwith forever.

Before I put the gallery on, hostrocket assured me there would be plenty of space for years to come regardless of growth.

But I am cool with where ever folks host. I'd love member pics in here because they become part of the random image block on the pages

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm. Unlimited? We'll see lol.

Tell me when I blow your bandwith .

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Do your worst.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Btw, Daghain - your Ireland photos were brilliant!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you delete photos from your account?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You should have an option under the photo itself that says move/delete.

when you click it, it simply does a little extra screen with a check mark box to delete.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see that option under any of my photos

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmmm...I can look into it Lisa.

Do you want to PM me the one you want gone and I will delete if for you.

No problems I hope?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No everythings cool - I'm just a bit obsessive compulsive about clutter
    I'll pm them if thats cool...probably tomorrow though as I'm in a posting frenzy and might just have to check out chat too

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you're asking that question, because I was wondering the same thing.

Condo has wireless! 5 of us are sitting around surfing and drinking.

We're such geeks!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay I'm an idiot. What the hell is the image url? If I click on a photo and c&p the url in my browser, it doesn't work. I'm confused.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are using firefox, you should be able to right click the image and choose "copy image location"

In Internet Explorer--you have to right click>go to properties>copy the URL from there.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aha! Thanks.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a damned old fool. I have tried to upload several photos but only my default photo and it's description shows. I tried two others and it said "image uploaded" but I do not see them nor their description.

Matt's instructions seem to have gone over my head or it has some holes...help!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Worked for me Jon.
    I went to:
    Gallery
    Members galleries
    Jon

I chose upload photos, browsed my files, chose a pic and selected upload/submit

You now have a picture of my dog in your gallery. (I will delete shortly)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast