Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: A poll to determine King's best book

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

my votes are

1pet sematary

2the stand (uncut version)

3apt pupil

4the regulators

5Salems lot

6the green mile

7the long walk

8the tommyknockers

9Carrie

10the shining
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a subforum for voting--go ahead and post them right in there FWtL
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

flaggwalkstheline, you must go to the Round 1 subforum here to vote. We're taking it five books at a time.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey flaggwalkstheline.

To vote please visit this forum. Votes put in here will not be counted. The books are all divided into brackets of five, and you rank each book on its individual merit. The high scoring books will progress to a second round in the competition where they will be graded on specific attributes. These grades will narrow the field further to a group of the top six King books of all time. Those six books will then vie against each other in a series of face-off polls which will determine their positioning overall, including the #1 Stephen King book of all time.

That's the Cliff's Notes version.

I think I am going to create an explanatory thread for this today, so that newcomers have a nice clear idea of how this is all going to work. Keep your eyes peeled for it.
    Heng Dai

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

hey aaron? kudos on the explanatory post. makes things much clearer and i think it will generate more votes in the right way (*ahem, not naming any names here turtlesong*).

thanks!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazingly lucid description of the process, indeed, Aaron, thanks!

I wonder if we could have, as part of the miscellaneous competition, an award for Best Book Cover. I am so enamored with the cover for Just After Sunset, I'd nominate it this minute I could also think of at least five more I could nominate.

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good idea. Let's do it!
    Heng Dai

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I checked one of these polls that had a great turnout. 60 Votes so far!!

That's much more than we have gotten for most polls on the board. I hope we get a whole bunch for all of these.

I'm considering giving away an entry to our giveaway (on the honor system) to anyone who voted in all of these polls.

And remember: You get beam bucks for voting.

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully we could break 100 votes per.

GET OUT AND VOTE, PEOPLE!

Country
    Country Flag

Rock the vote, people!
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

The polls for the first bracket have closed and the results have been tabulated.

The winners of the bracket that will be moving on to Round 2 are:

The Shining: AVG Score - 4.353846153

'Salem's Lot: AVG Score - 4.292307692

I will be closing the threads and posting the official scores later today. Bracket 3 should go up later as well.
    Heng Dai

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The polls for the first bracket have closed and the results have been tabulated.

The winners of the bracket that will be moving on to Round 2 are:

The Shining: AVG Score - 4.353846153

'Salem's Lot: AVG Score - 4.292307692

I will be closing the threads and posting the official scores later today. Bracket 3 should go up later as well.
    Yay! I've read both!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad The Shining made it through for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

No real surprise there, I thought that's exactly how they'd end up, one-two. It'd be interesting to see how the other three fared.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll post the numbers in a bit. Just a little swamped today.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Sure, Aaron. Take all the time you need. I was just wondering.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It'll be funny to see how people vote in rank 2 since these two are real marvels !

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, just looking slightly ahead here, but I can't believe how gut-wrenching Bracket 5 will be. It has my favorite collection (Skeleton Crew), my favorite Dark Tower novel (DT2), and it has two uber-classics in Misery and It. As an added bonus it also contains Eyes of the Dragon. Tough one, huh?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, pablo - you're right! That one's gonna be a nail biter!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    By the way, just looking slightly ahead here, but I can't believe how gut-wrenching Bracket 5 will be. It has my favorite collection (Skeleton Crew), my favorite Dark Tower novel (DT2), and it has two uber-classics in Misery and It. As an added bonus it also contains Eyes of the Dragon. Tough one, huh?
    Perhaps a five way tie?? It could happen!

Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Country
    Country Flag

Some fun demographic notes, now that Bracket 1 is over. I'm sure Aaron has more elaborate data, so this is just a quick and dirty list:

Carrie: 62 votes
    'Salem's Lot: 68 votes
    Rage: 62 votes
    The Shining: 69 votes
    Night Shift: 60 votes

That's 64 votes on average. Pretty good, I think. I would note that it's not really fair that people are still voting on some books and skipping others. Each poll says vote even if you didn't read the book, and each poll says to go vote for the other books, too. So, come on, peeps, don't skip!

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

This poll is making me realize how many King books I haven't read and I feel bad about it... I also wish I had about 10 more hours in each day.

I AM voting "never read" in the polls though, just to keep things even.

Country
    Country Flag

I had three Never Reads for the current bracket. I need to get my shit together.
    Heng Dai

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Ha, I think I've only been able to vote for three books so far.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    This poll is making me realize how many King books I haven't read and I feel bad about it... I also wish I had about 10 more hours in each day.
    Ditto.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast