Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 889 of 890 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,225 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 Lettered Edition
    Traycases are finished and approved, and we expect to ship in 1-2 weeks.

So Cold the River
    Books are finished at press, waiting on the final approval copy to arrive at office. Expect to ship in 2 weeks after that.

Stephen King Revisited
    Rolling at press, expect to ship in 6-8 weeks.

Little Boy (unannounced)
    Rolling at press, expected in 8-10 weeks, will be announced closer to publication.

The Stand
    Books are at the press and we expect them to finish their work this summer. Slipcases and Traycases will be later in summer because we need finished books to get the sizing just right. For a book of this size, a dummy book isn't reliable, and we want to be sure they're perfect.

A Face in the Crowd Artist Edition
    The books finished and in hand! Slipcases should be finished in 6 weeks.

A Face in the Crowd Lettered Edition
    At the hand binder, who is also making the Traycases. Will ship as each batch of 10-12 copies are sent to us.

Gwendy's Final Task Limited & Lettered
    Sig sheets are signed and the books are at the binder. We're expecting to ship this summer.

Gwendy's Magic Feather Lettered Edition
    Wooden feathers are completed. Books are finished and in warehouse. Traycases are being worked on at the manufacturer now.

Shocklines
    Rolling at press and expected in 8-10 weeks.

We'll share more news on these as they get closer to shipping, and we thank you for your continuing enthusiasm and support!
    Are they being purposefully coy with that "Little Boy" title? Or do we know what that's supposed to be?

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Are they being purposefully coy with that "Little Boy" title? Or do we know what that's supposed to be?
    I have no idea what that one is. A story about Hiroshima and the A-bomb?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Stand

Books are at the press and we expect them to finish their work this summer. Slipcases and Traycases will be later in summer...
    Looks like The Stand - which not too long ago was projected to ship in fall 2023 - will now ship no earlier than fall 2024.

Amusingly, the website still says "We are anticipating to start printing this winter." Perhaps today's "books are at the press" comment confirms that printing is starting (or did start) "this winter" (now), but, once the presses are in motion (as they may be now), does it really take that long (from now until summer) to print a round of GEs (I think it goes without saying that the numbered and lettered will lag)?

I know The Stand ain't a Chiz work, but they've been talking about it like it's "just about there" for a while - one thinks they'd be keen to move it along and get some cash in for those copies not yet spoken for.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Stand

Books are at the press and we expect them to finish their work this summer. Slipcases and Traycases will be later in summer...
    Looks like The Stand - which not too long ago was projected to ship in fall 2023 - will now ship no earlier than fall 2024.

Amusingly, the website still says "We are anticipating to start printing this winter." Perhaps today's "books are at the press" comment confirms that printing is starting (or did start) "this winter" (now), but, once the presses are in motion (as they may be now), does it really take that long (from now until summer) to print a round of GEs (I think it goes without saying that the numbered and lettered will lag)?

I know The Stand ain't a Chiz work, but they've been talking about it like it's "just about there" for a while - one thinks they'd be keen to move it along and get some cash in for those copies not yet spoken for.
    The funny thing is that they've been selling copies of The Stand in one way or another since 2014. 10 years since people bought the entire Doubleday Years set. And they've been refunding cancelled orders and selling them again in a weird Sisyphus loop. I don't know how many are left, but anyone who didn't preorder should hold their money until they see the whites of the pages.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

The Stand...and we want to be sure they're perfect.
    CD & perfect are mutually exclusive.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The funny thing is that they've been selling copies of The Stand in one way or another since 2014...but anyone who didn't preorder should hold their money until they see the whites of the pages.
    I would agree, except I think they've been hiking the price; I got mine for $125 around 3 years ago, I think it went for $150 during one of their short purchase windows after that, and I think they offered the standard-length Pet Sematary for $125 for a bit - I would be surprised if there were many more opportunities for people to get The Stand for $125.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The funny thing is that they've been selling copies of The Stand in one way or another since 2014...but anyone who didn't preorder should hold their money until they see the whites of the pages.
    I would agree, except I think they've been hiking the price; I got mine for $125 around 3 years ago, I think it went for $150 during one of their short purchase windows after that, and I think they offered the standard-length Pet Sematary for $125 for a bit - I would be surprised if there were many more opportunities for people to get The Stand for $125.
    Oh certainly not. The same goes for the AE. I think I paid $325 and it's now at $375 (at least it was at the last presale I saw). So there is that incentive to maybe get a presale discount. But I don't think it'll go up all that much more and the extra you paid after waiting until it was published could be considered insurance.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I got the Artist editions for 750. I had a large gift certificate that I used so it cut it to $500 or $84 each

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever price you paid, it's not real until you receive the book

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've emailed twice with REMOVE in the email. Mindy even responded to make sure I wanted to be unsubscribed from everything.

Guess whose email I just received.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I’ve got 4 out of the 6 so far.

Country
    Country Flag

If there was a Collector's Bible, this would be a Commandment. Along with:

A book is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

For an interesting look at the world of book collecting, try:
    “A Gentle Madness” by Nicholas Basbanes.

Country
    Country Flag

If there was a Collector's Bible, this would be a Commandment. Along with:

A book is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    and, "rarity doesn't equate to value."

Some more updates posted as of 2/12 - https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...ction-updates/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone read the email from Brian James Freeman about how some of his books are now hard to find on Amazon? Wonder if the programmer responsible for search results on Amazon has become frustrated with Cemetery Dance's backlog of books. Karma is a, well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Anyone read the email from Brian James Freeman about how some of his books are now hard to find on Amazon? Wonder if the programmer responsible for search results on Amazon has become frustrated with Cemetery Dance's backlog of books. Karma is a, well, you know.
    Yeah, I saw that. I've seen the same thing with other authors. Sometimes I know the book is on Amazon but it's almost impossible to bring it up using the search function. I'm sure it has something to do with their sales algorithms.

BJF hasn't worked for CD in a long time, and he was the one holding things together when he was there.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that. I've seen the same thing with other authors. Sometimes I know the book is on Amazon but it's almost impossible to bring it up using the search function. I'm sure it has something to do with their sales algorithms.

BJF hasn't worked for CD in a long time, and he was the one holding things together when he was there.
    Ahhh...Didn't know that about BFJ.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh...Didn't know that about BFJ.
    He's been running Lividian for a couple of years now. Brian, Mindy and Dan were the reason the place used to function. Now Brian and Dan moved on. Mindy still does her thing. I don't know who is actually getting the books made, or not, now.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that Lisa Lebel (which I don't know) is now co-editor at CD. At least of the paperback line
    Not sure of who is officially the other editor
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I guess this is the right spot for this, since it's somewhat Cemetery Dance related...

A few weeks ago, there was concern by some members that the CD forum might be suddenly shut down (I think prompted by the temporary off-line status of TDT.org), and the thought was that there should be some alternate way for members to stay in touch should that happen. Especially for those who don't do Facebook, it could be a potential problem. I remembered a couple of Groups.io email lists I'm on and suggested that route.

So earlier this week I put together a Groups.io email list I've named SmallPressHorror, and if there's anyone here at The Dark Tower forum who would like to be part of that list, I'd definitely invite you to sign up...the more then merrier. I have no idea how active the list will become, but it's a nice alternative to have on hand -- and, who knows, maybe it'll grow into something just as entertaining and informative as the (increasingly few) forums we all love.

Here's what I've posted at CD:

Should something happen to the CD forum, this SmallPressHorror Groups.io list will allow all of us to stay connected via email. If that's of interest to you, the SmallPressHorror group page is below. I think you have to register for a Groups.io account (if you don't already have one), and then once done, simply subscribe to the group at the subscribe link about halfway down the Group's home page (see below). If you need any help (or want a custom email invite with link), DM me. Please note that your first post must be approved by me due to the default spam-guard at Groups.io, but after that, your messages will no longer be moderated; I've tried to keep it as free from moderation and filtering as possible. How active this group will become is up to the community members...but even as a simple backup to this forum, I think it's a nice alternative, just in case.

The introduction to the Group reads, "The SmallPressHorror group list facilitates discussion among readers and collectors of small-press books of horror, science fiction, and crime & mystery. Whether your interest is in signed-and-numbered limited editions, rare high-end lettered editions, or indie trade editions, this list provides an opportunity to share your latest exciting reads; discuss publisher and/or author news, announcements and upcoming releases; explore secondary-market collectible valuation; and express your opinions, recommendations, reviews, and insights on whatever aspect(s) of genre fiction you feel warrant discussion. Small presses which are likely to be discussed include Centipede Press, Suntup Editions, Earthling Publications, SST Publications, Subterranean Press, Lividian Publications, Thunderstorm Books, PS Publishing, Cemetery Dance, Folio Society, Gauntlet Press, Weird House Press, Dark Regions Press, Midworld Press, among others."

Hope to see you all there! We have enough bandwidth for 100 members, but if by chance it ever exceeds that, options to expand that membership number exist.

The home page to join/subscribe (and the link / email address to create a new post) is here:

https://groups.io/g/SmallPressHorror

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From CD's newsletter (17h ago) :

Today, we're pleased to make available an exclusive publication from Stephen King & Richard Chizmar.

TRAPPED, a 40 page chapbook celebrating the award-winning short film of the same name, features:

* the original 9 page story outline by STEPHEN KING & RICHARD CHIZMAR
    * the original 20 page script by Chizmar
    * 18 behind the scenes photographs from various film locations
    * alternate movie posters

To receive your free copy of TRAPPED, all you have to do is pre-order a hardcover copy of Chizmar's upcoming novel, MEMORIALS.

Order link:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...6-e5a743e5b5b0

Pre-orders must be dated TODAY or TOMORROW to qualify for this deal. Non-U.S. readers must pay postage. And yes it's fine to order again even if you already have in the past.

Each and every pre-order also qualifies you for the Stephen King giveaway in October where we will select three random winners for 3 signed SK books.

Be sure to email your MEMORIALS pre-order confirmation to RichardChizmar@icloud.com, along with your full name/address.

IMPORTANT:

* You may pre-order up to 5 copies of MEMORIALS and receive 5 free chapbooks.
    * Yes, you may take advantage of this deal even if you have already previously pre-ordered MEMORIALS. Please do NOT cancel previous orders and order again just to get the chapbook. That’s not cool, and the Amazon rep chews out our S&S rep every time it happens. You can always order a second copy as a gift.

* Allow up to one week to receive email confirmation of your order. Please don’t email us more than once.
    * We expect to ship the chapbook sometime in May.

I know that people are fed up about CD and Rich's book, but given this is related to Stephen King, I am surprised nobody mentionned it.

I am also surprised by Rich didn't share this in the big FB groups... he usually does... and this is obviously to boost his preorders
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Today, we're pleased to make available an exclusive publication from Stephen King & Richard Chizmar.

TRAPPED, a 40 page chapbook celebrating the award-winning short film of the same name, features:

To receive your free copy of TRAPPED, all you have to do is pre-order a hardcover copy of Chizmar's upcoming novel, MEMORIALS.

Order link:

Pre-orders must be dated TODAY or TOMORROW to qualify for this deal. Non-U.S. readers must pay postage. And yes it's fine to order again even if you already have in the past.

Each and every pre-order also qualifies you for the Stephen King giveaway in October where we will select three random winners for 3 signed SK books.

Be sure to email your MEMORIALS pre-order confirmation to RichardChizmar@icloud.com, along with your full name/address.

IMPORTANT:

* Yes, you may take advantage of this deal even if you have already previously pre-ordered MEMORIALS. Please do NOT cancel previous orders and order again just to get the chapbook. That’s not cool, and the Amazon rep chews out our S&S rep every time it happens. You can always order a second copy as a gift.

* Allow up to one week to receive email confirmation of your order. Please don’t email us more than once.

I know that people are fed up about CD and Rich's book, but given this is related to Stephen King, I am surprised nobody mentionned it.

I am also surprised by Rich didn't share this in the big FB groups... he usually does... and this is obviously to boost his preorders

Interesting, seems same email went out to CDCC14 members yesterday, and one to newsletter list today, both say to order "today or tomorrow", so I guess it is extended. Interestingly, the two emails give different email addresses to send the confirmation to. The one above is from the CDCC14 email.

I guess it is working, Amazon notes it is #1 in Occult Fiction.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Order link:

IMPORTANT:

Interesting, seems same email went out to CDCC14 members yesterday, and one to newsletter list today, both say to order "today or tomorrow", so I guess it is extended. Interestingly, the two emails give different email addresses to send the confirmation to. The one above is from the CDCC14 email.

I guess it is working, Amazon notes it is #1 in Occult Fiction.
    I saw this and I am not the least bit interested. This is just Chizmar continuing to piggyback off of King and bribe King fans to buy his books. The secondary market will be flooded with Chizmar titles, as (I assume) King fans buy multiple copies in an attempt to win/receive King items. I guess it doesn't matter how you sell books as long as you do.

Chizmar may be a great author, I haven't read any of his works yet, but I planned to. However, now I am starting to get a bad taste in my mouth. This just comes across to me as being desperate.

I can't even understand the motivation. If you want to be a successful author, wouldn't you want to do so based on your own merit and not the notoriety of someone else? And if it is just about making money then stop pushing your own books all together and focus on getting the King books you have already sold in customer's hands before the customers all go somewhere else. Then, once you are caught up, keep cranking out King special editions like PS and make a fortune. We have proven we will buy those.

/rant

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've already pre-ordered Memorials - would I need to order another copy in order to get a copy of Trapped?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 889 of 890 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 LastLast