Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 890 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 588 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm obviously looking in the wrong places, thanks for the info!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I think $450 give or take has been the going rate for the SOD I s/l...maybe a little less?

The only ones I've seen lately are in the $650 to $750 range, or much higher. Abebooks has one for over $2300 and one for $750, but that seller opened the book ALL THE WAY to photograph the signature. I NEVER crack my books open that far. I like keeping the spine nice and tight and brand new, and will open them just enough to read them or check the signature if there is one. But that's just me.
    I think that this is an example of a "serious collector." Someone who NEVER cracks their books open and keeps the spine nice, tight and brand new. In other words, someone who does not read their books. (They just "collect" books and put them on the shelf)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't get too caught up in the "serious collector" stuff. Collect what you want and how you want. Some folks buy multiple copies of every s/l edition, keep all books in original shrink wrap, search out every magazine with a SK article, etc. (definitely not me), while others buy single copies of books as they can afford them, realize that they can't have everything, and open all wrapped books to enjoy all of the book's details, etc. (me). Some collect for future value, others for fun. Whatever your reason for collecting is, that's what is important.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I do read ALL my books, I just like to treat them well and keep them in as mint condition as I can. In fact, I did say in my original post that I read them. I think I got the 'mint condition' bug from a friend way back in grade school who would never lend me or let me touch any of his books. It's funny how one's mind works about these things. And as Eric said, it's fun!

Oh, and since this is the Cemetary Dance thread, I think they do a great job and have never had any problems with them. Of course, I didn't order LEGACIES, but now I wish I had...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this whole serious collector discussion has been a bit tongue-in-cheek. You're a serious collector if you're serious about what you collect--the person who takes pride in his used paperback collection is just as serious as those with multiple copies of everything.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oh, and since this is the Cemetary Dance thread, I think they do a great job and have never had any problems with them. Of course, I didn't order LEGACIES, but now I wish I had...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think this whole serious collector discussion has been a bit tongue-in-cheek. You're a serious collector if you're serious about what you collect--the person who takes pride in his used paperback collection is just as serious as those with multiple copies of everything.

John

Life is a garden...dig it!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I think that this is an example of a "serious collector." Someone who NEVER cracks their books open and keeps the spine nice, tight and brand new. In other words, someone who does not read their books. (They just "collect" books and put them on the shelf)
    We read our books. Why do you think we buy a "reading" copy?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    We read our books. Why do you think we buy a "reading" copy?
    Serious collector : at least 3 copies of the same book? (1st US + reading copy, proof) ? ^^

Recently, the "serious collectors" have about 7 copies for UTD, right? ^^
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Recently, the "serious collectors" have about 7 copies for UTD, right? ^^
    Some of them, but not all.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Latest mail from CD

Hi Folks!

You're receiving this email because we wanted to privately offer a small group of our Stephen King collectors the chance to get an amazing collectible Limited Edition book about King's work for 50% off the retail price -- but we only have a handful of copies to sell at this incredible price so we're not going to offer this deal to the general public!

LILJA'S LIBRARY: THE WORLD OF STEPHEN KING is a brand new massive collection of over 150 of those reviews, over 40 of those interviews, and other special features of interest to King readers everywhere.
    Which version do they mean with the "Limited"-edition? I only see a lettered and a trade edition.

The trade isn't limited..... is it?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like with SOD1, i am very impressed by the level of details in Glenn Chadbourne's work in SOD2 !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    The trade isn't limited..... is it?
    Correct. That should have said Trade Hardcover Edition in the email.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Merlin1958 asked me a great question via email, so I thought I'd answer it here as well. I know we discussed this on here recently, but it's a good question.

Q: What's the difference between the version of The Secretary of Dreams 2 on Amazon and the one on our website?

A: The difference is a really big difference between the book you ordered from us the one and the one you could order from Amazon -- you'll get the copy you ordered from us and you'd never get a copy from Amazon because we're not shipping them any.

Amazon lists all kinds of books, even if they can't get them, because they assume they will get them somehow. We had this problem with Blockade Billy, too. But we've told them again and again that we can't fill their orders for these books.

Amazon also takes a very large discount, probably the biggest we've ever seen from a bookseller or distributor, and to sell them certain titles at that discount would mean losing money on each and every copy.

Amazon often sells books at a "loss" (meaning they lose money on the sale because they pay the publisher more for the book than they then resell it for) in the hopes that you'll also buy something else that they do make money on. They can afford to do that because they're a big company. Small companies, like ours, cannot lose money on purpose.

Hope this information helps!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Like with SOD1, i am very impressed by the level of details in Glenn Chadbourne's work in SOD2 !
    Glenn does amazing work. The best part is when you're looking at something you've seen many times before and you find some cool new detail he hid in there.

By the way, I'll have the approval copies of The Secretary of Dreams 2 on my desk next week from the printer, so we're almost there.

Brian

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Glenn does amazing work. The best part is when you're looking at something you've seen many times before and you find some cool new detail he hid in there.

By the way, I'll have the approval copies of The Secretary of Dreams 2 on my desk next week from the printer, so we're almost there.

Brian
    Sounds good Brian, i really love Glenn's work too! You could let me know how many copies of the SOD 2 ARC were released could you and whats the significance of the numbers on the side?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    One more Brian...

Any progress on The Prince of Dreams, your edition of the book about Neil Gaiman?

Thanks for your updates, very nice to be kept up to date on these projects

Karl
    Hi Karl!

Everything is done with the exception of Steve Bissette's exclusive art gallery and his cover artwork. He's been working on the project for a long time, so I'm sure the art is going to be spectacular. Hopefully his schedule will allow him to finish everything soon. We're very much looking forward to completing this one! It's going to be a beautiful edition.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    What's this now? I love Gaiman and it sounds like this is about him (rather than by him). Can you provide a link to more info? Thanks.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am serious. I know some serious King collectors that just don't have the funds available to get even hardcover editions, but they (almost) drool over what they do have! They are just as serious as the rest of us!

(By the way, that quote from Airplane is one of the highlights of the movie!)

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I totally agree with you, John. Seriously.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    One more Brian...

Any progress on The Prince of Dreams, your edition of the book about Neil Gaiman?

Thanks for your updates, very nice to be kept up to date on these projects

Karl
    Hi Karl!

Everything is done with the exception of Steve Bissette's exclusive art gallery and his cover artwork. He's been working on the project for a long time, so I'm sure the art is going to be spectacular. Hopefully his schedule will allow him to finish everything soon. We're very much looking forward to completing this one! It's going to be a beautiful edition.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    What's this now? I love Gaiman and it sounds like this is about him (rather than by him). Can you provide a link to more info? Thanks.

Patrick

I mis-spoke the title, should have been Prince of Stories.
    It is a CD limited of a book published a year or so ago.

And you are correct, not by, but about Mr. Gaiman
    Got a lot of extras, including some new art by Steve Bissette.

I have already purchased one of the pieces from Mr. Bissette, the only one completed as far as I know.

CD link below
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/sh/golden07.html

Amazon link to the St. Martin's Press edition, hardcover on sale for under $10
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Stories-Many-Worlds-Gaiman/dp/B002VPE7D8/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285452279&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Stories-Many-Worlds-Gaiman/dp/B002VPE7D8/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285452279&sr=8-1[/ame]

Bissette art link here
    Bissette Sandman Art

At some point in time I will get around to uploading some of the original art I own into my collection thread...

Karl

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Karl, for the clarification and for the links. I'll think about ordering this one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received Issue #64. Excellent information frm Bev Vincent.
    News From The Dead Zone.com

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I should probably do an update to that -- it's been a month!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Secretary of Dream II starts shipping this Friday!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/SHIPPING2
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 890 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 588 ... LastLast