Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 760 of 889 FirstFirst ... 260 660 710 750 758 759 760 761 762 770 810 860 ... LastLast
Results 18,976 to 19,000 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just came from there $140, numbered PC copy. Half off tomorrow $70.00 if it's still there.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have a question for Brian, or anyone that may have an answer. One of the common statements made in the Update Page at CD is that you are waiting for the signature pages to be signed. The title that I have waited the longest for is In Sunlight Or In Shadows. The production page has stated that you are waiting on Lawrence Block to sign them. Subterranean Press recently published an anthology edited by him that was first announced last fall or early winter (i think). With ISOIS now heading towards the 3 year mark, can Block not be encouraged to get these signed? I know that writers are busy, some more than others, but wouldn’t something like this be included as part of the original contract? That they have X amount of time to get the sheets signed and returned? With so many of these titles taking 8 - 12 months to complete, a 6 month turn around on the sheets doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

Just curious, not complaining.🙂. As with all your titles the end always makes the wait worth it.
    Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

An author can be encouraged to sign faster, but if the author is someone who "doesn't need the money," you're pretty much stuck waiting for them. I've contacted Block's agent a few times about this issue and will continue to do so.

For example, we have an author who needs to sign signature sheets for two of her books. This author makes millions of dollars per book from her trade publisher. When her agent says, "She's available to sign next January," you can make your case that you need the signed sooner, but there's no much else you can do.

Our next option is to just cancel the books, which would be unfortunate since we still have to pay the author! And then no one gets their book... (I mean, in theory we could take the author to court and spend a ton of money on lawyers to get our advance back, but we would spend more on the court case than the advance, so... Lawyers are expensive!)

Here's another example from a recent anthology:

An author had a mental breakdown and held onto the sheets for nearly six months, not wanting to tell us about his problem. Another local author had to go to his house to retrieve the sheets after the author was admitted to a hospital and the nature of his troubles become known. (Obviously, we weren't going to ask him to try to sign the sheets once we knew what he was dealing with! He had more important things to deal with.) But we don't post that sort of "update" publicly out of sensitivity for the author since it would be pretty easy to figure out who it was once you see who is missing from the sig sheets for that book...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    An author can be encouraged to sign faster, but if the author is someone who "doesn't need the money," you're pretty much stuck waiting for them. I've contacted Block's agent a few times about this issue and will continue to do so.

For example, we have an author who needs to sign signature sheets for two of her books. This author makes millions of dollars per book from her trade publisher. When her agent says, "She's available to sign next January," you can make your case that you need the signed sooner, but there's no much else you can do.

Our next option is to just cancel the books, which would be unfortunate since we still have to pay the author! And then no one gets their book... (I mean, in theory we could take the author to court and spend a ton of money on lawyers to get our advance back, but we would spend more on the court case than the advance, so... Lawyers are expensive!)

An author had a mental breakdown and held onto the sheets for nearly six months, not wanting to tell us about his problem. Another local author had to go to his house to retrieve the sheets after the author was admitted to a hospital and the nature of his troubles become known. (Obviously, we weren't going to ask him to try to sign the sheets once we knew what he was dealing with! He had more important things to deal with.) But we don't post that sort of "update" publicly out of sensitivity for the author since it would be pretty easy to figure out who it was once you see who is missing from the sig sheets for that book...

Brian
    How about the other one where we had like 8 people sign sheets and on the 9th it turned out the author had moved in the time we started the chain and forgot to tell us. We ended up having to reprint the sheets and have everyone sign again only to have the original set of sheets turn back up just about as everyone was done signing for the 2nd time.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys should DEFINITELY publish a book about all these stories!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    You guys should DEFINITELY publish a book about all these stories!
    "Once Upon A Time in the Cemetery"
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    How about the other one where we had like 8 people sign sheets and on the 9th it turned out the author had moved in the time we started the chain and forgot to tell us. We ended up having to reprint the sheets and have everyone sign again only to have the original set of sheets turn back up just about as everyone was done signing for the 2nd time.
    Yep, signature sheets can be the worst. Most authors are awesome and on the ball, but it only takes one to muck up the whole process. Oh well, 'tis the life we chose!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Signature sheets don't seem like they would be a troublesome part of the process, but I guess they are. So much of the publishing process seems to depend on the efforts of people who just don't give a shit (I don't envy the publishers).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Signature sheets don't seem like they would be a troublesome part of the process, but I guess they are. So much of the publishing process seems to depend on the efforts of people who just don't give a shit (I don't envy the publishers).
    There's lots of headaches. Bad files from trade publishers, delays on even getting the files from said publishers, instances where manuscripts don't even exist anymore so we have find a copy of the book and get it scanned. Most of those things cause other headaches down the line too. Scanned books are the worst though. OCR software just doesn't always understand a lot of stuff and usually ends up with lots of weird formatting problems that can be really hard to catch.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How's about traycases? Seemed like maybe a new maker had been sourced and the logjam would be cleared, but... I've got a lettered copy of Tyler's Third Act been waiting 4 solid years just for a traycase. When the production status page finally showed that title as "in production" in the queue I got hopeful...but that was some months ago. Could there maybe be a "never mind about the traycase just send me the book" option?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the latest news regarding the bookcases for the lettered edition of Sleeping Beauties? How long before delivery after CD receipt of the bookcases? Thanks,

John

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Brian
    Tip both sets of sheets into the book!

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    How's about traycases? Seemed like maybe a new maker had been sourced and the logjam would be cleared, but... I've got a lettered copy of Tyler's Third Act been waiting 4 solid years just for a traycase. When the production status page finally showed that title as "in production" in the queue I got hopeful...but that was some months ago.
    Yeah, the Signature Series traycases are being made by our original traycase maker because he had already prepared all of the boards and we were hopeful that would expedite the process for him. It hasn't exactly been expedited, but I checked with Mindy when I saw your post and she confirmed that TYLER'S THIRD ACT is in the batch of three books he's working on now. I won't "put a date" on when those will be done because it would be sheer guesswork and I don't want to promise something based on a guess, but you (and we!) are a lot closer to having these cases than we were a few months ago.

Thanks again for your patience. I know it's been a long wait for a bunch of these Lettered Editions, and we appreciate how incredibly patient our collectors have been!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    What is the latest news regarding the bookcases for the lettered edition of Sleeping Beauties? How long before delivery after CD receipt of the bookcases? Thanks,

John
    I won't put a date on this one either just yet because I'm waiting on updated information, but I know we've seen and approved the final approval copy and they were hard at work on making all of the cases when I checked before my vacation. (These are HEAVY, wait until you feel one in your hands... they're building each case on a wooden base, a first for us!)

As soon as Dan or I hear that these are done, and Dan looks at his warehouse schedule and knows where they will land in the shipping queue, we WILL post the news. We're very excited to get these out to the collectors to see what you all think!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    How's about traycases? Seemed like maybe a new maker had been sourced and the logjam would be cleared, but... I've got a lettered copy of Tyler's Third Act been waiting 4 solid years just for a traycase. When the production status page finally showed that title as "in production" in the queue I got hopeful...but that was some months ago.
    Yeah, the Signature Series traycases are being made by our original traycase maker because he had already prepared all of the boards and we were hopeful that would expedite the process for him. It hasn't exactly been expedited, but I checked with Mindy when I saw your post and she confirmed that TYLER'S THIRD ACT is in the batch of three books he's working on now. I won't "put a date" on when those will be done because it would be sheer guesswork and I don't want to promise something based on a guess, but you (and we!) are a lot closer to having these cases than we were a few months ago.

Thanks again for your patience. I know it's been a long wait for a bunch of these Lettered Editions, and we appreciate how incredibly patient our collectors have been!

Brian
    Thanks for the update, Brian! I'm happy to continue waiting patiently -- it helps to know some of the details driving the schedule. I know the only thing all these production headaches have in common is they're all HEADACHES.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Of all the amazing authors we publish, there's one in particular who is tough on our proofreaders because they get caught-up in, and carried away by, his storytelling... This book is going to prove to be a challenge for them, me thinks:

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Of all the amazing authors we publish, there's one in particular who is tough on our proofreaders because they get caught-up in, and carried away by, his storytelling... This book is going to prove to be a challenge for them, me thinks:

Waiting ferociously patiently for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The good news is, it's moving steadily through production. I'd love to have the proofreading done by the end of the year. Signature sheets are circulating among those who are signing. And, most importantly, the printer that bought our regular printer for our big SK books is adding a press this year that should be able to handle the BULK size of this book. I wanted a doorstop of a book, and that's what we're getting.

Brian

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

The good news is, it's moving steadily through production. I'd love to have the proofreading done by the end of the year. Signature sheets are circulating among those who are signing. And, most importantly, the printer that bought our regular printer for our big SK books is adding a press this year that should be able to handle the BULK size of this book. I wanted a doorstop of a book, and that's what we're getting.

Brian
    When I add the Southern Reach Trilogy and the numbered and gift editions of this book to the shelf that contains my numbered Sleeping Beauties, I'm going to need to reinforce my fragile Ikea shelves!

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    ALSO, I glad to read some good printer news for you guys for a change!

A quick update on the FLIGHT OR FRIGHT lettered edition, just one more person needs to sign the signature sheets:

We're almost there.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hurry up Mr, King.

STRANGE WEATHER special edition update:
    The signature sheets are circulating. One sheet is done, three to go. Two of the artists are signing their sheets now. The sheet that Joe will be signing is headed to the artist to sign first since his office is outside of the country, and the artist has made time in his very busy schedule to sign them in August. The interiors of all four volumes are designed and being proofread now, but that process is basically done!

Shining in the Dark optional slipcases update:
    The optional slipcases will finally get rolling with our slipcase maker in AUGUST, and we expect to have them in our warehouse in October. Thank you for your patience!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a little shout out to CD's customer service! The books may take awhile but the refunds, orders, questions, etc are always answered promptly by the crew. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 760 of 889 FirstFirst ... 260 660 710 750 758 759 760 761 762 770 810 860 ... LastLast