Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 748 of 890 FirstFirst ... 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 758 798 848 ... LastLast
Results 18,676 to 18,700 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    When I asked where they got the books they said: “They were given to me by a friend . I would rather they were with someone who can take care of them properly. I really have no place to store them”
    He just gave me the “from a friend” response as well!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

My first thought was that something walked in the confusion with the printer going out of business and they have pieces of it (or some sort of printer's proof?), but not the finished product

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I just posted on the CD board, but this is not the first time that this has happened. I believe the last time this happened there was an arrest made.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    My first thought was that something walked in the confusion with the printer going out of business and they have pieces of it (or some sort of printer's proof?), but not the finished product
    Yeah, that's where I'd put my money. And people are bidding real money on it. With that single blurry photo and improbable promise of a lettered edition. It amazes.

I will say that the seller was really responsive and polite in our communications. I'm wondering if they know that they're selling something they shouldn't have.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Yeah, that's where I'd put my money. And people are bidding real money on it. With that single blurry photo and improbable promise of a lettered edition. It amazes.

I will say that the seller was really responsive and polite in our communications. I'm wondering if they know that they're selling something they shouldn't have.
    I’m thinking if this person truly got them from a “friend” they may not know.

Hey gang,

Needless to say, I won't be able to say more on this topic for a long time because it has become an ongoing legal matter.

I can confirm that the last time this "sort of thing" happened, it ended with arrests and prosecutions. The printers take this sort of thing very seriously because it's stolen property, and the police take the matter seriously because these printers are the biggest employers in their towns. (The report doesn't just get laughed off as "it's just a book.")

But at this point, I'll have to go radio silent, my apologies for that.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Hey gang,

Needless to say, I won't be able to say more on this topic for a long time because it has become an ongoing legal matter.

I can confirm that the last time this "sort of thing" happened, it ended with arrests and prosecutions. The printers take this sort of thing very seriously because it's stolen property, and the police take the matter seriously because these printers are the biggest employers in their towns. (The report doesn't just get laughed off as "it's just a book.")

But at this point, I'll have to go radio silent, my apologies for that.

Brian

goofballs. now I have a feeling NIGHT Shift will be delayed.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, when I went to that page, there are a lot of "Similar Sponsored Items" and "Explore more options: Type" and "People who viewed this item also viewed:"

The items shown in these lists are books about nude photography and adult stories. Most with topless woman on the cover. Does everybody see this when they go to that page? Why would ebay show such things, since many patrons might be offended by it. I loaded it on a work computer (but fortunately working from home).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hmmm, when I went to that page, there are a lot of "Similar Sponsored Items" and "Explore more options: Type" and "People who viewed this item also viewed:"

The items shown in these lists are books about nude photography and adult stories. Most with topless woman on the cover. Does everybody see this when they go to that page? Why would ebay show such things, since many patrons might be offended by it. I loaded it on a work computer (but fortunately working from home).
    Yeah I was wondering about that too. For some reason those items are bundled together. maybe books on beauty.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Yeah I was wondering about that too. For some reason those items are bundled together. maybe books on beauty.
    Reading my speculation back I realize how stupid I sound. It would make more sense to see this book show up alongside Disney merch.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in buying this lot of books? He just wants them gone. Prob get a super deal if you took them all. PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap guys, you gotta chill out on the emails for the same product. It has been 1 week since the opening of the Revival pre-orders and I have already received 5 emails from CD about the same damn book that I have already ordered. Every other seller announced it that is was for sale and then moved on. I would expect another from them probably close to the 31st when the window closes but how many more will I get from CD over the same damn book?!?!

Okay end rant.

FWIW I know I could un-subscribe from the newsletters but I enjoy knowing when things are for sale and whats new and happening, I just don't need every other day reminders that a book is for sale.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Holy crap guys, you gotta chill out on the emails for the same product. It has been 1 week since the opening of the Revival pre-orders and I have already received 5 emails from CD about the same damn book that I have already ordered. Every other seller announced it that is was for sale and then moved on. I would expect another from them probably close to the 31st when the window closes but how many more will I get from CD over the same damn book?!?!

Okay end rant.

FWIW I know I could un-subscribe from the newsletters but I enjoy knowing when things are for sale and whats new and happening, I just don't need every other day reminders that a book is for sale.
    If you ordered the book from us you shouldn't be getting most of those emails. We pretty much always exclude anyone who already purchased the book when we send those.

As a counter point, every time we send these emails we sell a bunch more copies. So the emails are doing their job, which is to convince people who haven't already bought the book to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone interested in buying this lot of books? He just wants them gone. Prob get a super deal if you took them all. PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man that's a lot of lettered editions.

Okay end rant.

As Dan mentioned, for the notes we send to targeted customers based on order history, you shouldn't be receiving them if the system is already working because it excludes customers who already ordered the book from us. That said, there are some known, notable glitches that we've seen before and that Mindy has to fix on an individual basis. Shoot her an email at order@cemeterydance.com and she can help you out!

The rest of this is all "inside baseball," so everyone can feel free to just tune out right now, but I like talking about the behind the scenes stuff when I have time, and I'm sitting here waiting for AAA right now, so... I have time...

But, as Dan also mentioned, each time we remind our Stephen King specific list of customers that this product exists (and you might notice, we don't send the SAME NOTE over and over: each note highlights something different about the project -- that's on purpose and it is incredibly effective!), several hundred more people say: "You know what, THAT does sound good!" and place an order.

That math says we should continue, even if a few people unsubscribe or get angry.

And we really don't like to upset people with how frequently we email and we DO keep that in mind! (I've unsubscribed from SO MANY lists that emailed me EVERY SINGLE DAY letting me know today was THE day I could get 10% off my custom envelope order or 15% off my custom business cards! YES, NEWSLETTERS CAN BE OVERDONE!!)

So, yes, we DO try to be careful not to overdo our emailing, and we do listen to the responses we receive -- trust me, our customers know how to hit REPLY and let us know if we're overdoing it!!

But all of that said, if none of the other retailers are sending any follow-ups to their lists... They're not trying nearly as hard as they should because this is a product that could be bringing in REALLY GOOD cashflow for them right now. (Remember, they don't pay the publisher until 30 days after the book ships. For those who charge their customers for preorders, every copy they sell right now is cash in their account to do something with.)

So, if they're not sending any newsletters or doing any social media to reach their people, I can bet you I know which retailer will sell the most (by a large margin) because that retailer is currently executing an approach it has developed over the last 17 years since they hired their first non-family member employee, some young buck fresh out of college.

None of us remember his name now, though...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Okay end rant.

As Dan mentioned, for the notes we send to targeted customers based on order history, you shouldn't be receiving them if the system is already working because it excludes customers who already ordered the book from us. That said, there are some known, notable glitches that we've seen before and that Mindy has to fix on an individual basis. Shoot her an email at order@cemeterydance.com and she can help you out!

The rest of this is all "inside baseball," so everyone can feel free to just tune out right now, but I like talking about the behind the scenes stuff when I have time, and I'm sitting here waiting for AAA right now, so... I have time...

But, as Dan also mentioned, each time we remind our Stephen King specific list of customers that this product exists (and you might notice, we don't send the SAME NOTE over and over: each note highlights something different about the project -- that's on purpose and it is incredibly effective!), several hundred more people say: "You know what, THAT does sound good!" and place an order.

That math says we should continue, even if a few people unsubscribe or get angry.

And we really don't like to upset people with how frequently we email and we DO keep that in mind! (I've unsubscribed from SO MANY lists that emailed me EVERY SINGLE DAY letting me know today was THE day I could get 10% off my custom envelope order or 15% off my custom business cards! YES, NEWSLETTERS CAN BE OVERDONE!!)

So, yes, we DO try to be careful not to overdo our emailing, and we do listen to the responses we receive -- trust me, our customers know how to hit REPLY and let us know if we're overdoing it!!

But all of that said, if none of the other retailers are sending any follow-ups to their lists... They're not trying nearly as hard as they should because this is a product that could be bringing in REALLY GOOD cashflow for them right now. (Remember, they don't pay the publisher until 30 days after the book ships. For those who charge their customers for preorders, every copy they sell right now is cash in their account to do something with.)

So, if they're not sending any newsletters or doing any social media to reach their people, I can bet you I know which retailer will sell the most (by a large margin) because that retailer is currently executing an approach it has developed over the last 17 years since they hired their first non-family member employee, some young buck fresh out of college.

None of us remember his name now, though...

Brian
    I checked my email and can confirm I have not received an email offering this book from Cemetery Dance since the original launch day.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Seems early for one of these to be showing up on eBay, has a s/l sleeping beauties even made it out the door yet? I’m getting one of those stolen goods vibes from the listing...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303162658291
    So, looks like this auction ended early. It is marked as "sold" as well.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Seems early for one of these to be showing up on eBay, has a s/l sleeping beauties even made it out the door yet? I’m getting one of those stolen goods vibes from the listing...

I suspect the "sale" didn't go as the seller intended, especially the part where they met the "buyer." Needless to say, I don't think anyone will be seeing those copies for sale again.

But now that this has become a matter for the legal system, Dan and I really cannot say more. (Sorry!)

Brian

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I suspect the "sale" didn't go as the seller intended, especially the part where they met the "buyer." Needless to say, I don't think anyone will be seeing those copies for sale again.

But now that this has become a matter for the legal system, Dan and I really cannot say more. (Sorry!)

Brian
    Gangster! Love it! The good guys win today!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Hahaha, love it!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Looking forward to a thread from you three years from now that starts with "Does anyone remember the pre-market copies of Sleeping Beauties for sale on eBay..."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah! We need the gossip in a couple of years!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Brian
    Looking forward to a thread from you three years from now that starts with "Does anyone remember the pre-market copies of Sleeping Beauties for sale on eBay..."
    I would hope it's more like 5-7 years
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

...with time off for good behaviour.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Super quick question, Dan or Brian:

I got the shipping notice of all the gift editions but not the SL. Were these shipped as well?

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 748 of 890 FirstFirst ... 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 758 798 848 ... LastLast