Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 724 of 890 FirstFirst ... 224 624 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 734 774 824 ... LastLast
Results 18,076 to 18,100 of 22240

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've already bought 2 1sts so I'll use my 2nd printing as a reading copy, no problem.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've already bought 2 1sts so I'll use my 2nd printing as a reading copy, no problem.

Ditto!

…..but did someone mention a signed copy?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.
    I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.

We’re very pleased to report the “bluelines” and “dust jacket proofs” have arrived for SLEEPING BEAUTIES and everything looks great. In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers have adjusted the case sizing a tiny bit based on the new dummy book and they are hard at work on the cases. We’ll post another update in January when we have a little better idea of when the printer will be finished with their work. Thank you again for all of your patience and support!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

(Patiently awaiting similar updates on Night Shift...)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We’re very pleased to report the “bluelines” and “dust jacket proofs” have arrived for SLEEPING BEAUTIES and everything looks great. In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers have adjusted the case sizing a tiny bit based on the new dummy book and they are hard at work on the cases. We’ll post another update in January when we have a little better idea of when the printer will be finished with their work. Thank you again for all of your patience and support!

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Glad to see the progress. Does this mean it’ll likely be a late winter/early spring release?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Are the slipcases for THE OUTSIDER still being sent out? I ordered one but never received it. I'm probably just being too impatient, so forgive me if that is the case.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received mine today here in Michigan.
    Are the slipcases for THE OUTSIDER still being sent out? I ordered one but never received it. I'm probably just being too impatient, so forgive me if that is the case.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    I received mine today here in Michigan.
    Mine came Saturday.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

I ordered both the book and the slipcase. I got the book some time ago but the slipcase was on back order.
    I sent an inquiry, but I'm fairly certain it's just the Christmas rush and will be no problem.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a place to advertise on the site ?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that on the bumbler thread too - something seems awry on the site...someone spamming it??
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

whos ridgewef?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I saw that on the bumbler thread too - something seems awry on the site...someone spamming it??
    Yes, there are three spam accounts currently online created by the same user (RidgeWef, BrantSr and GalenNirl). I have reported these accounts and hopefully they will be removed soon.

I used to have Spam for lunch. It wasn't too bad.

I will have to let Dan answer this for himself when he sees it, but I'm pretty sure there are still slipcases going out when we reopen this week, although I'm also pretty sure he's finally done cutting all of the foam inserts!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I will have to let Dan answer this for himself when he sees it, but I'm pretty sure there are still slipcases going out when we reopen this week, although I'm also pretty sure he's finally done cutting all of the foam inserts!

Brian
    Thank you, Brian!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Those foam inserts are a nice touch.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Brian
    Those foam inserts are a nice touch.

I never received mine. 3 separate orders and no tracking yet.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Yes, there are three spam accounts currently online created by the same user (RidgeWef, BrantSr and GalenNirl). I have reported these accounts and hopefully they will be removed soon.
    I have removed all Spam posts this morning and those users have been banned. Thanks to T-Dogz (and others) for alerting me to this.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

And don't forget to thank Mr. Python. (That's 'Monty' to his friends)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine showed up today. Was a pleasant surprise because I did not receive a shipping notice!

Rejoice, rejoice! You have no choice...

...got mine today too.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I dont beleive i have ever paid so much for a foam insert, but the free slipcase that arrived with it today made it totally worth it!!
    Thank you CD for a great year. Looking forward to an exciting 2019!

I will admit though, it is a VERY nice foam insert....
    😁
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I dont beleive i have ever paid so much for a foam insert, but the free slipcase that arrived with it today made it totally worth it!!
    Thank you CD for a great year. Looking forward to an exciting 2019!

I will admit though, it is a VERY nice foam insert....
    😁
    I'm keeping the case to protect the foam.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 724 of 890 FirstFirst ... 224 624 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 734 774 824 ... LastLast