Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 723 of 890 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Just wonder when the first $50 will be deposited. They said December, but when?
    I wondered that too. Not just about this December but about every month. When will the credit drop into our accounts? The first of the month? The 15th? The last day? The purchase of this plan doesn't even show up in my account.
    If I remember correctly from when we've offered these things in the past. Brian has to apply the credit manually. So I would assume he will wait until we are no longer offering this before applying anyone's credit so he can do it all at once.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Dan or Brian,

Is there a way to have our shipments put on hold if we are going to be away for an extended time?

Last time I asked the USPS to hold the mail they didn't, and UPS charges extra to reschedule delivery and if you ask to deliver to the back door they still deliver to front door.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Dan or Brian,

Is there a way to have our shipments put on hold if we are going to be away for an extended time?

Last time I asked the USPS to hold the mail they didn't, and UPS charges extra to reschedule delivery and if you ask to deliver to the back door they still deliver to front door.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Sort of. If you email me your account info I can try and guess which orders will be shipping soon and put those on hold until a specific date. There's no way to put your entire account on hold that I know of.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Any news on This Dark Chest of Wonders?

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Just wonder when the first $50 will be deposited. They said December, but when?
    I'm working on a few things on the back-end for this and hope to credit everyone next week after Mindy helps a few people finalize their orders!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we're waiting on the "final approval" copies from the printer on this one. What we call the "final approval" copies are basically the first two copies off the press, which they send to us to confirm they've started binding. This lets us figure out our warehouse situation, etc.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Sorry if I've missed any posts here, I realized today I hadn't gotten a new post notification in a few days, probably my ISP being stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we're waiting on the "final approval" copies from the printer on this one. What we call the "final approval" copies are basically the first two copies off the press, which they send to us to confirm they've started binding. This lets us figure out our warehouse situation, etc.
    Correct. Still waiting on approvals. Currently (even if the books were done and in the warehouse) we're probably looking at January at the earliest. Given there's only 2 weeks left before the holidays and the shipping schedule is full to the brim at the moment.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Thanks for the update, Brian & Dan!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey CD, is there a confirmation on which authors will be signing the "Best Of Shivers" S/L? Is the list anywhere?
    Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hey CD, is there a confirmation on which authors will be signing the "Best Of Shivers" S/L? Is the list anywhere?
    Gracias
    The list isn't posted anywhere yet but I can put one together tomorrow at the office. I should have the shipping/tracking list near my desk, which will make it easy. Now... I just need to remember to put this on my To Do list... which I also left at the office.

Brian

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gracias
    The list isn't posted anywhere yet but I can put one together tomorrow at the office. I should have the shipping/tracking list near my desk, which will make it easy. Now... I just need to remember to put this on my To Do list... which I also left at the office.

Brian
    Awesome. Thank you Brian! 👍

Gracias
    Here is the list so far in no particular order:

Kaaron Warren
    Lisa Tuttle
    Tim Lebbon
    Graham Masterton
    Sarah Pinborough
    Simon Clark
    Peter Crowther
    Thomas Tessier
    Brian Keene
    Norman Prentiss
    Richard Chizmar
    Stephen Mark Rainey
    Bev Vincent
    Brian Hodge
    Bentley Little
    Glen Hirshberg
    Robert Morrish
    Norman Partridge
    Ray Garton
    Gary A. Braunbeck

There are more we're hoping will sign, but there's been a bit of a logistical issue with the sheets and we'll have to see what happens!

Brian

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Gracias
    Here is the list so far in no particular order:

Kaaron Warren
    Lisa Tuttle
    Tim Lebbon
    Graham Masterton
    Sarah Pinborough
    Simon Clark
    Peter Crowther
    Thomas Tessier
    Brian Keene
    Norman Prentiss
    Richard Chizmar
    Stephen Mark Rainey
    Bev Vincent
    Brian Hodge
    Bentley Little
    Glen Hirshberg
    Robert Morrish
    Norman Partridge
    Ray Garton
    Gary A. Braunbeck

There are more we're hoping will sign, but there's been a bit of a logistical issue with the sheets and we'll have to see what happens!

Brian
    I don’t know how it all works so this may be a stupid question. Does Masterton write exclusively for CD now? I mean if he writes any new stuff in the immediate future will it be published by you guys?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I don’t know how it all works so this may be a stupid question. Does Masterton write exclusively for CD now? I mean if he writes any new stuff in the immediate future will it be published by you guys?
    He sends us manuscripts to consider from time to time, but I'm sure he sends them elsewhere as well.

Brian

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my copy of Elevation today, but it is a 2nd printing Is there a chance I could get a first printing?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I received my copy of Elevation today, but it is a 2nd printing Is there a chance I could get a first printing?
    We were a little surprised to find out they were 2nd printings -- we didn't check when they arrived because we hadn't heard otherwise! We're now thinking all of our copies were 2nd printings. That could explain why S&S's shipping department took so long this time if they were waiting on the 2nd printing to arrive. But our sales rep didn't mention it because to the New York publishers, of course, it's all the same as long the ISBN and price doesn't change. They don't think about 1st vs 2nd, etc, when it comes to these books.

If you want to return your copy, please just send Mindy an email so she knows it is coming back and she can watch for it. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

We were a little surprised to find out they were 2nd printings -- we didn't check when they arrived because we hadn't heard otherwise! We're now thinking all of our copies were 2nd printings. That could explain why S&S's shipping department took so long this time if they were waiting on the 2nd printing to arrive. But our sales rep didn't mention it because to the New York publishers, of course, it's all the same as long the ISBN and price doesn't change. They don't think about 1st vs 2nd, etc, when it comes to these books.

If you want to return your copy, please just send Mindy an email so she knows it is coming back and she can watch for it. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Brian
    Mindy stated no firsts! so I guess we cancel our orders?? Thanks! Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Brian
    Mindy stated no firsts! so I guess we cancel our orders?? Thanks! Glen
    Correct. We do not have any firsts. Brian meant return your copy as in cancel your order.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Sorry for the confusion! I assumed incorrectly that you would be trying to get first editions in. Similar to another book you all had! Charlie the Choo Choo!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.
    I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.

HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

My Mood
    Asleep

HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

My book order has already been cancelled and credited to my account! I hope you can return ALL those second printings for store credit or something! You can get me a signed first edition and I will be extremely happy!

Mistakes happen and 90% of the time you guys nail it! I was NOT worried about it! Now about that signed copy....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 723 of 890 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast