Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 717 of 889 FirstFirst ... 217 617 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 767 817 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,925 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan have all of the Gwendy’s gone out the door yet? Still no shipping notice for me.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Dan have all of the Gwendy’s gone out the door yet? Still no shipping notice for me.
    Not even close. If you scroll a couple of posts back I say that shipping is almost certainly going to drag into next week. I haven't even touched any order that has a lettered edition on it yet. For anything that's just a limited edition on a order by itself I'd say 98% of those labels have been printed, so notices should have been sent for them, but most of them haven't actually been packed yet. If I had to hazard a guess, we're only maybe 30% through shipping the limited editions. For reference, here's what hasn't been touched yet.

PC copies
    Retailer copies
    Any order that has a lettered edition on it
    The handful of extra copies we sold last week

If anyone's order falls into one of those then it'll probably be a little while before you get a shipping notice. If you don't think your order falls into one of those categories, and you haven't gotten a notice, feel free to email me and I can look into it.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Dan. Mine is just an order for the Ltd Edition only, so hopefully notification still to come.

Thanks again for your help.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is due for delivery today and no-one is home. Hope the neighbours are in.

May need to work from home this afternoon.

Just in case.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi.

I received mine just now. Its nice. At the risk of sounding a bit negative, I would have expected a wow after waiting so long, but in fairness to cd, i am feeling a little jadded with the whole collecting thing.

The book looks great but oversized traycase is just not my thing. I have space, but that area is taken by the stand, salems lot, it. You understand my drift.

Although, i would eat my words if it had a twin in elevation signed limited. Both castle rock short stories. Now that would be fab and actually feel complete.

My number is 92.

And finally, the first two pages have a small crease where the pages folded at some point. Only a centimetre in the corner. Is that me being picky? The two before the signature page.

Very lucky in that the packaging had a great big hole in it though and come through the journey intact.

Sorry if its not all fireworks and popping champers here.

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    The book looks great but oversized traycase is just not my thing. I have space, but that area is taken by the stand, salems lot, it. You understand my drift.
    Yeah, the traycase size was determined by trial and error at the best way to safely house the coin and the book, but I totally get where you're coming from. I don't actually like HUGE traycases. CD has published a few SK Lettered Editions that I just kind of sigh at when I look at the shelf space they take up. BUT other people really love them being huge like that and those cases certainly stand out on the shelf! So I can 100% see where everyone is coming from on that topic!

Although, i would eat my words if it had a twin in elevation signed limited. Both castle rock short stories. Now that would be fab and actually feel complete.
    We've asked about that, but it sounds like SK is pretty serious now about cutting back on signing sheets, which I also totally understand. At his age, I'd rather he use those hours to write more books or just hang out with his friends and family. He's more than earned it!

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn by saying I know personally that there have been a few projects these past few years where SK gave in and agreed to sign because the publisher just wore him down with begging and pleading, but we'll never do the hard push like that with Steve or any author. We find it to be disrespectful.

And finally, the first two pages have a small crease where the pages folded at some point. Only a centimetre in the corner. Is that me being picky? The two before the signature page.
    Please email Mindy about a replacement copy of the book for sure: order@cemeterydance.com is the easiest address to use. Pages can get folded during the post-printing but pre-binding process where they're gathered into 8 or 16 page signatures and sewn together, so a folded page is definitely something that would warrant getting a replacement book!

Sorry if its not all fireworks and popping champers here.
    I would definitely encourage you to NOT apologize for your opinion. Every collector is different, and all of us have favorites and "not favorites." I know there have been projects where we didn't hit a home run like we were trying for, but we always try to learn from the feedback we receive. Sometimes it's a matter of "agree to disagree" but a lot of the time collectors give us ideas to work with on future projects to make them happier with what they receive. (And sometimes there is feedback on something that I would LOVE to change in the future but for reasons that cannot be posted that change isn't going to happen, but I still pass it along because it can't hurt!)

Thanks again for the feedback!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian,

Appreciate your response.

I will contact Mindy and send some pics and see where it takes uus.

Appreciate your openness and honesty.

Thanks Dave

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian,

Thanks Dave
    Similar thing happened with a sub press book. Signature page was creased right down the middle. They replaced it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Thanks Brian,

Thanks Dave
    Similar thing happened with a sub press book. Signature page was creased right down the middle. They replaced it right away.
    Yep, this sort of thing sneaks through even when you try to check everything, but that's why (blank) PCs exist!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Yay! Received the shipping notice today and when I got home there it was on the doorstep. What a beautiful production! My expectations were high because they always are with CD and, as usual, it exceeded them. I love the coin! I had to put it on top of my signed shelf because it's so tall.
    Thanks everyone for another great job!
    Just how tall is it?

Anyone know how tall the lettered is?
    They're roughly the same dimensions, the lettered being maybe twice as thick. They're roughly 16 inches tall as well.
    Well bummer. Now I need to totally come up with a new display strategy. That won't fit on the shelf I had intended, and wanted to keep Lettered's together.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Replied to your pm Brian,

Just wanted to let you know that I showed the book to my long suffering partner and she really likes the case, saying it presents the book & coin really well.

She is far removed from collecting than you can be, so really encouraging to hear her say this, totally getting it.

Dave.

Just wanted to let you know that I showed the book to my long suffering partner and she really likes the case, saying it presents the book & coin really well.

She is far removed from collecting than you can be, so really encouraging to hear her say this, totally getting it.

Dave.
    Thanks! I believe Mindy has replied to you, but we're still discussing the other question you had, so I'm not sure if she only replied about the book or what. Let me know, though, if you have any questions at all!

Thanks again for bringing the problem to our attention. We have had collectors post something online YEARS after a book shipped to them and when asked if they contacted us, they say they didn't... which seems silly to me! So to everyone out there, if the book arrives damaged or we missed something when inspecting the book OR you're just not happy with how the book turned out, PLEASE definitely get in touch!

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Dave.
    Thanks! I believe Mindy has replied to you, but we're still discussing the other question you had, so I'm not sure if she only replied about the book or what. Let me know, though, if you have any questions at all!

Thanks again for bringing the problem to our attention. We have had collectors post something online YEARS after a book shipped to them and when asked if they contacted us, they say they didn't... which seems silly to me! So to everyone out there, if the book arrives damaged or we missed something when inspecting the book OR you're just not happy with how the book turned out, PLEASE definitely get in touch!

Brian
    On a related note, how long do you generally hold on to PC copies before marking them PC and using them as grab bag items or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    On a related note, how long do you generally hold on to PC copies before marking them PC and using them as grab bag items or whatever?
    The author, agent, artist, and staff copies get marked as PC and distributed to the appropriate parties right away, of course. That's the majority of extras beyond the stated run.

For the remaining copies after those, it can be a while until we're certain every shipment has been delivered and enough time has passed for collectors to inspect their books. And even then we tend to wait because you never know if you might hear from someone who didn't get a chance to open the package for a while for whatever reason, etc.

Eventually, the rest are officially PCed and go into Richard's personal storage section of the warehouse where we keep his extras of our books.

Brian

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Just a quick Gwendy shipping update. All of the single copy limited edition orders and the orders for retailers are prepped. I'm not sure if my warehouse helper will get them all packed today, but if not the remaining copies will leave on Monday. I'm intending to start all the prep work for the orders that have lettered editions on them tomorrow. Those will ship faster, since there's less of them, so I'd say the last of the Gwendy orders will be out the door come Tuesday or Wednesday.

As a side note, if anyone here happened to be someone who was getting a PC copy, your book will probably be held up a bit. We didn't think far enough ahead with the coins, so all of the extra coins were blank (in case someones got lost or we were missing a number). We should have had some of them marked as PC when they where manufactured. So currently a large portion of the extra coins are with an engraver getting marked as "PC". I was hoping they'd be done with some of them by tomorrow, but it's a small local engraving shop and this was a fairly large job I dropped on their plate, so it could take a bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Can you tell me the time it takes when a label (for UPS) is created and the book actually arrives at UPS? I have a shipping notice sent on Monday the 22nd and using the (UPS) tracking number, says they (UPS) are still waiting for the book to arrive at their company. Thanks for your help. Just frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Can you tell me the time it takes when a label (for UPS) is created and the book actually arrives at UPS? I have a shipping notice sent on Monday the 22nd and using the (UPS) tracking number, says they (UPS) are still waiting for the book to arrive at their company. Thanks for your help. Just frustrating.
    I'm not sure I've actually answered this question here, specifically for Gwendy. Shipping notices are sent when a shipping label is created, not when a package actually ships. In the case of Gwendy 90% of the shipping labels where printed all at the start, because we needed to organize the orders in a way that made it easier to match the coins to the books. In this case it means that all of the shipping notices for Gwendy were sent earlier this week, even though we're still shipping the books.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

retracted, wrong thread, nothing to see here.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

PS has three copies of LRB William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection.

www.pspublishing.co.uk/william-peter-blattys-lost-screenplay-collection-slipcased-hardcover-by-william-peter-blatty-
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my Gwendy's this morning. The box is huge. I thought my wife had ordered a TV. Didn't realize it was so oversized. I couldn't figure out how to open the slipcase though. I tugged on it a bit but nothing happened. Didn't want to inadvertently tear it to pieces after such a long wait. How does it open?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I received my Gwendy's this morning. The box is huge. I thought my wife had ordered a TV. Didn't realize it was so oversized. I couldn't figure out how to open the slipcase though. I tugged on it a bit but nothing happened. Didn't want to inadvertently tear it to pieces after such a long wait. How does it open?
    The flap on the right side is just magnetic. It should open like a book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Push the black button.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy of Gwendy’s arrived today. It’s a beautiful production. But... how is this supposed to be displayed?? It’s way too tall to fit on a shelf. I lay it horizontally, and I lose a ton of space for other books!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    My copy of Gwendy’s arrived today. It’s a beautiful production. But... how is this supposed to be displayed?? It’s way too tall to fit on a shelf. I lay it horizontally, and I lose a ton of space for other books!

Brian,

Would you consider making a second tray case for Gwendy's without the coin holder for display purposes? A shorter version of the traycase. I would put the coin on display in front of my tray case. I LOVE THE COIN. I would hold onto the other tray case for resale AFTER I DIE.

It is now the 2nd tallest book display case I own. It is only smaller than MY PREtty pony signed limited and the gift edition of my pretty pony.

I would be willing to purchase a second case.

Thanks for considering!

Thank You! Glen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 717 of 889 FirstFirst ... 217 617 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 767 817 ... LastLast