Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 708 of 890 FirstFirst ... 208 608 658 698 706 707 708 709 710 718 758 808 ... LastLast
Results 17,676 to 17,700 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, have you thought of utilizing other printers?
    At the start of the year, we had three printers we were comfortable working with. We added a fourth in May (our sales rep left Printer #1 above and brought us along... right before Printer #1 went out of business... hmmmmmm... I need to ask him about that...), which means we're back to three.

We've gotten quotes from dozens of printers over the years. We hear from printer reps every few months who offer to quote for our business, so there are definitely lots of opportunities to try someone else.

So why don't we switch in a heartbeat? Because for print runs of 500 to 1000 copies, the retail price would go up at least 30%.

We definitely have tried other printers over the years. We're rarely satisfied with the combination of service, cost, and production quality.

If we were a lot smaller, it would actually be easier in some ways. OR if we were a lot bigger. We're in a weird middle ground.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just curious what state NS and SB were in when the printer closed up. If these are auctioned by the bank, just wondering if the market could be flooded with partially complete limited editions.
    NS wasn't started yet. SB is being started first, then NS will be started when the press is cleared.

The materials were ordered and ready for press, but they hadn't started printing yet. There are NO FINISHED books. There are just dozens and dozens of pallets of paper stock, binding material, ribbon page markers, etc.

So, to be 100% clear, there is no bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB nor will there ever be.

(Just trying to stop this line of rumors before it spreads and I have to answer this question every month for the rest of my life! )

Brian
    I see no mention of "City of Mirrors" here, won't it be before all of the others?
    It has to have the longest overdue publication by now.
    Can I ask if you Cemetery dance practices a 1st in 1st (FIFO) out production schedule?
    and if not, how do other books get pushed in front of others?
    Thanks
    (probably sounds whiny but not intended)
    We send books to the printer based on the schedule Richard sets. You'll need to ask him about the decisions he makes. You can find him on Facebook, I'm sure.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Hi Brian,

Any updates on the Lettered edition of The Damnation Game?
    Needs the traycase from the traycase maker. When we have the traycases, we'll ship the books. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

bump
    Just curious what state NS and SB were in when the printer closed up. If these are auctioned by the bank, just wondering if the market could be flooded with partially complete limited editions.
    NS wasn't started yet. SB is being started first, then NS will be started when the press is cleared.

The materials were ordered and ready for press, but they hadn't started printing yet. There are NO FINISHED books. There are just dozens and dozens of pallets of paper stock, binding material, ribbon page markers, etc.

So, to be 100% clear, there is no bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB nor will there ever be.

(Just trying to stop this line of rumors before it spreads and I have to answer this question every month for the rest of my life! )

Brian
    I see no mention of "City of Mirrors" here, won't it be before all of the others?
    Can I ask if you Cemetery dance practices a 1st in 1st (FIFO) out production schedule?
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cemetery Dance discussion thread

[QUOTE=Brian James Freeman;1121745]
    Brian, have you thought of utilizing other printers?
    No, not once! We certainly never think of the idea when you email us every other month asking for the business.

Seriously, we had three printers we were comfortable working with. We added a fourth in May (our sales rep left Printer #1 above and brought us along... right before Printer #1 went out of business... hmmmmmm... I need to ask him about that...), which means we're back to three.

We've gotten quotes from dozens of printers over the years. We hear from printer reps every few months who offer to quote for our business.

So why don't we switch to them? Because for print runs of 500 to 1000 copies, the retail price would go up at least 30%.

We *have* tried other printers over the years. We're rarely satisfied with the combination of service, cost, and production quality.

Thanks for making the suggestion yet again, though!

Best,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Before anyone asks, the traycases for THE TWELVE are due before the end of the year, thanks for your patience!

You won’t hear from me again. Sorry to be a pest. I only suggested it once and offered to help. My bad
    Not being a pest at all. We've tried other printers. I'm sure we will in the future, too. But the ones we work with are the ones we work with for a variety of reasons.

Brian

bump
    The answer is a couple of posts above.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Thanks
    We send books to the printer based on the schedule Richard sets. You'll need to ask him about the decisions he makes. You can find him on Facebook, I'm sure.

Brian
    Seriously.... that's your answer "Ask Richard"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Yeah, kind of? He owns the company and he sets the schedule.

I push the books through production, I let him know when each book is printer ready, and then he picks which ones to start and when to start them. I give my input when I can, but I really have no additional information about how he decides... but Richard has *all* the information because he's the guy who actually makes the decisions.

If you ask him, you might receive the information you're seeking. If you ask me, this is my complete answer with all of the information I have to provide. So, yes, I guess I would say, "ask Richard," if you want more details than this.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is. We (almost all of us), have a boss, and if I can't answer a question, but my boss can, then I would have to refer the question to my boss.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

Needs the traycase from the traycase maker. When we have the traycases, we'll ship the books. Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Thanks for the update Brian. I looked at the production update page and it is not listed as one of the traycases being started yet. So are we still six months or more out?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Hi Brian,

Brian
    Thanks for the update Brian. I looked at the production update page and it is not listed as one of the traycases being started yet. So are we still six months or more out?
    I think -- and let me double-check -- that it not being on the production update page is a clerical error on my part. I will confirm 100% and let you know.

Also, thanks for the Reputation! "C.D. service = make consumers ask Richard the questions you won't"

Richard is an openly available public figure. When people have questions that are better asked of him, I send them to him. It's not like you're talking to some phone support operator in India who is telling you to try to talk to the CEO of their billion dollar company. (Well, not their company, they're all working for firms hired by the billion dollar company, you get the idea!)

Brian

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hey so what’s this I heard about a bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB? :ballkick:
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Hey so what’s this I heard about a bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB? :ballkick:

Hey, I just wanted to say that if my reply to webstar1000 above came off as dick-ish to you, you would be 100% correct. Totally my fault. I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I answered his very sincere question, and that came across and was not cool. He IS cool, we love him, and I was a dick. I've edited the post for clarity and to remove the dickishness, but I did want to say something publicly because it wasn't the right way to answer and he deserves a lot better. (As do all of our awesome collectors.)

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It truly is the "Ides of August" today. Many a person (here on the boards, and in my personal life-including myself) just is "off" today.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Hey, I just wanted to say that if my reply to webstar1000 above came off as dick-ish to you, you would be 100% correct. Totally my fault. I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I answered his very sincere question, and that came across and was not cool. He IS cool, we love him, and I was a dick. I've edited the post for clarity and to remove the dickishness, but I did want to say something publicly because it wasn't the right way to answer and he deserves a lot better. (As do all of our awesome collectors.)

Brian
    Everyone has a bad day. i saw your comments and didn't think anything of them. Nice of you to acknowledge (and for those of you just joining POSTS have been deleted as well). Nothing to see here. Kris is COOL and has a wonderful facebook page as well. But even he can come off as dick-ish sometimes. I have gotten used to his Canadian ways and don't let things bother me anymore!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I think it is. We (almost all of us), have a boss, and if I can't answer a question, but my boss can, then I would have to refer the question to my boss.
    i used that exact same line twice today! and my boss's name is Richard too, we call him Dick most of the time. its the inflection when we say his name that makes it funny to us.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Brian
    Everyone has a bad day. i saw your comments and didn't think anything of them. Nice of you to acknowledge (and for those of you just joining POSTS have been deleted as well). Nothing to see here. Kris is COOL and has a wonderful facebook page as well. But even he can come off as dick-ish sometimes. I have gotten used to his Canadian ways and don't let things bother me anymore!
    Hahahah thanks Glenn. I am working on my decorum. Or my Canadian way! Lol And Brian, all good. It’s Friday and a long weekend. No need to apologize and sorry for asking ya again bro. Everyone have a nice weekend, dream of nice books and drink beer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Also, thanks for the Reputation! "C.D. service = make consumers ask Richard the questions you won't"

Richard is an openly available public figure. When people have questions that are better asked of him, I send them to him. It's not like you're talking to some phone support operator in India who is telling you to try to talk to the CEO of their billion dollar company. (Well, not their company, they're all working for firms hired by the billion dollar company, you get the idea!)

Brian
    Years ago when CD was having major problems meeting pub dates you started visiting this site and over time were able to utilize the feedback provided to help restore CD's reputation. If Richard doesn't visit this site/thread he should start. If he does he should respond to the questions being asked.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's odd how quickly some forget how much Brian has bent over backwards for this community. Sure we all want books but cut the guy some slack.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    It's odd how quickly some forget how much Brian has bent over backwards for this community. Sure we all want books but cut the guy some slack.
    You know he wanted to say - Ask Dick, but he even knows his boss watches these threads.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ides of August.

Just a weird day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 708 of 890 FirstFirst ... 208 608 658 698 706 707 708 709 710 718 758 808 ... LastLast