Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 670 of 890 FirstFirst ... 170 570 620 660 668 669 670 671 672 680 720 770 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,750 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I hate to say anything that might sound negative; "disappointing" is not a word I attach to anything I've seen from CD. I think the nature of Night Shift is such that it allowed our imaginations to run away with the possibilities, which were vast, and it's tough for anyone to compete with another's imagination.
    I think it would be tough for anyone to compete with MY imagination when it came to ideas for this project. Not everything we dream of is meant to be, but I can definitely understand anyone who is bummed. We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth. And I am really proud of how the book is coming together in terms of the production!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I meant to post this the other day but time got away from me... I really like the title page for the book:

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the second piece with the bloody apple supposed to be from?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    What's the second piece with the bloody apple supposed to be from?
    Mark Stutzman told me it was inspired by "Sometimes They Come Back."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the book will be great, please don't get me wrong. I love CD books and other small publishers, and order new books like Gwendy right away. But I'm a reader first and foremost, not a collector, and so I don't buy these for the artwork. I pass on most limited editions unless there's exclusive King fiction. The Shining is one I initially passed on, since I didn't realize it would contain Before the Play and After the Play and all the deleted scenes. I suppose it was a pipe dream to have Night Shift include all those uncollected stories from The Glass Floor to The Crate. Maybe King is planning on a separate volume of these stories, and I'm sure CD would just jump at that opportunity.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth.
    Brian
    I have no doubt CD gave it their best but it is still disappointing news. Of all the books in the Doubleday project Night Shift represented the best opportunity for pulling together all of SK's short stories through 1977, especially those which he has already allowed CD to reprint in other anthologies. This is where SK can be his most baffling and frustrating. He complains about his dislike of limited editions and then allows multiple versions of the same book to be published but balks at allowing Night Shift to be a truly comprehensive collection of his early published works let alone some unpublished stories.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I am sure King would like to keep the option open to publish all the old uncollected stories in a book of their own.

Maybe that is something that CD can propose to King.

My 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth.
    Brian
    I have no doubt CD gave it their best but it is still disappointing news. Of all the books in the Doubleday project Night Shift represented the best opportunity for pulling together all of SK's short stories through 1977, especially those which he has already allowed CD to reprint in other anthologies. This is where SK can be his most baffling and frustrating. He complains about his dislike of limited editions and then allows multiple versions of the same book to be published but balks at allowing Night Shift to be a truly comprehensive collection of his early published works let alone some unpublished stories.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys know if there will be remarques offered for Night Shift? This is my favorite King story collection so I'm hoping so!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Do you guys know if there will be remarques offered for Night Shift? This is my favorite King story collection so I'm hoping so!
    Yes, there will be! We know how many sheets the artists had time for and are working on, and we'll be offering the upgrade soon.

Brian

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, there will be! We know how many sheets the artists had time for and are working on, and we'll be offering the upgrade soon.

Brian
    YES!! Thanks Brian! I love the artwork shown so far!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Will people who purchased the previous remarques in the Doubleday series get advance notice to purchase a remarque upgrade for Night Shift, or will it be a free-for-all?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Will people who purchased the previous remarques in the Doubleday series get advance notice to purchase a remarque upgrade for Night Shift, or will it be a free-for-all?
    We will be contacting THE SHINING remarque collectors first!

Brian

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Brian
    Cool!

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Brian
    Just out of curiosity, how many Shining remarque collectors were there? I think I saw an auction on eBay that had a remarqued Shining and it said it was 1 of 100 special editions?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not I'll even have a chance to order one. I assume the number of remarques available is the same for both editions (Shining and Night Shift)? If that's the case it may be pretty tough to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many Shining remarque collectors were there? I think I saw an auction on eBay that had a remarqued Shining and it said it was 1 of 100 special editions?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not I'll even have a chance to order one. I assume the number of remarques available is the same for both editions (Shining and Night Shift)? If that's the case it may be pretty tough to get one.
    Great question! Glenn Chadbourne had time for 100 art sheets for THE SHINING and he'll be doing the same number for NIGHT SHIFT. Chris Odgers, who provided the creepy interiors for NIGHT SHIFT, was able to make time to 25 sheets.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Great question! Glenn Chadbourne had time for 100 art sheets for THE SHINING and he'll be doing the same number for NIGHT SHIFT. Chris Odgers, who provided the creepy interiors for NIGHT SHIFT, was able to make time to 25 sheets.

Brian
    Thanks for the info Brian. I am not optimistic about my chances, but I can always hope I get a chance.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    And when the time comes, how do we order these special Remarqued editions? Do I need to purchase a copy and hope I get it 'upgraded' or do I order an upgraded copy when they come available?
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    And when the time comes, how do we order these special Remarqued editions? Do I need to purchase a copy and hope I get it 'upgraded' or do I order an upgraded copy when they come available?
    The upgrade is offered first to those who already have a copy on order with us.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    The upgrade is offered first to those who already have a copy on order with us.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, I've always wondered. You learn something new every day
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So were all the copies of THE SHINING sent to PS Publishing yet?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I'm still waiting on both my copies from PS, Jeremy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I'm still waiting on both my copies from PS, Jeremy.
    One has arrived in the Netherlands.

sk

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Hi Brian - will portfolio remarques continued to be offered going forward? I don't do remarques in books and loved getting all the portfolios remarqued so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Hi Brian - will portfolio remarques continued to be offered going forward? I don't do remarques in books and loved getting all the portfolios remarqued so far.
    I would think so, yep!

Brian

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I would think so, yep!

Brian
    The offer came in a little while ago.
    Couldn't resist, an ordered both remarques for my Artist Edition.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 670 of 890 FirstFirst ... 170 570 620 660 668 669 670 671 672 680 720 770 ... LastLast