Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 669 of 890 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 769 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,725 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Hey all, looking for a artist Carrie. Don't care if it's a PC. Just need one. Anyone got one they would sell? Any left at the shop Bri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can still get the gift edition on the CD site.

Artist... traycase. NOT gift

Sorry, didn't catch that part.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Anyone know what CD actually binds their books in? I'm mainly thinking of Doubleday Years GEs. All marketing language etc. I've seen says "fine bindings" but doesn't get more specific.

Just curious.
    What are you going to to with them? I hope you will put them on a shelf... I hope you don't want to READ limited editions
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I hope you don't want to READ limited editions
    Then I must be doing something wrong here, Sebastian.
    Limited editions being books, I always thought they were supposed to be read...
    You mean...even, or better yet, especially, lettered editions should not be read either???

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Hey all, looking for a artist Carrie. Don't care if it's a PC. Just need one. Anyone got one they would sell? Any left at the shop Bri?

I am pretty sure I have a numbered Artist Edition of Carrie with a number matching Art Portfolio. I will have to double check when I get home though.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

I am pretty sure I have a numbered Artist Edition of Carrie with a number matching Art Portfolio. I will have to double check when I get home though.
    PM Sent
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got one that I was going to put on Ebay, it's #544 in F/F. I've also got an AE of 'Salem's Lot going spare too in F/F, that one is #281
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    What are you going to to with them? I hope you will put them on a shelf... I hope you don't want to READ limited editions
    Shhh! Don't let SK hear you say this...he's not fond of books bought not to be read.

As for me, the only special book I have that I won't actually read (and I must point out that I don't have a collection in the sense that others here do) is an American first printing of Dickens' Our Mutual Friend, because I believe it may flake away to nothing if I did.

With modern day special editions, I certainly will read them, although I am highly unlikely to lend them out of my house. My daughter is the lucky exception, as she lives with me and can therefore borrow anything. She's not quite a King fan, but has read several of my SK books and enjoyed most of it. She read Salem's Lot and The Shining before I received the CD editions of those, but I've told her to take the CD GE when she's ready for Carrie. Secret wish: I've been telling her how great Different Seasons is, but I've tried not to push it on her just yet, as my copy is a beat-up paperback, and I hope that a certain publisher will do it justice in time for me to lend it to her.

As I said, I don't have a "collection" like the rest of you; all I really have for special editions are:

- CD GE's of Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining (I haven't read these yet, but I can't wait for my next reads of SL and TS, with all the bonuses and illustrations...2-color printing...thick paper...mmm)

- Folio Society editions of Churchill's The Second World War (6-volume set, reading now, it is wonderful) and Bertrand Russell's History of Western Philosophy (haven't read yet, but may get to it next year).

- I have some moderately special illustrated editions (Alan Lee and Ted Nasmith are wonderful) of some Tolkien things, but those are more "special" to me than actual limited editions (although, they are a bit oversized and heavy, so maybe I'm selling them short).

I do have hopes for the future:

- I definitely will grab the CD GEs for Night Shift and The Stand, and possibly Pet Sematary.

- I would like to grab a few other CD things, such as The Dark Man

- I would like to eventually grab some HarperCollins slipcased deluxe Tolkien works.

- Many, many Folio Society things are also on the "eventual list;" thankfully, the prices of FS productions often sink in the secondary market, and many bargains can be had (although a few key things seem to be pretty stubborn, Churchill's The World Crisis, The Chronicles of Narnia, and The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci among them, but I digress)

- And then I have the "I've got to get one before I die, but who am I kidding?" list, which includes things like CD's It and Centipede Press' Salem's Lot.

- And then there's the "if I win $10 million, I will buy" list, which thus far includes CD's lettered It, a roman numeral edition of CP's Salem's Lot, a full set of the 1937 Nonesuch Press Dickens' complete works, an original Dickens Christmas Books set, and both the gold and purple editions of A Christmas Carol illustrated by Arthur Rackham (I touched a gold one once...mmm).

...and I would read all of them.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

- I definitely will grab the CD GEs for Night Shift
    Best hurry then...it's up for pre-order now, and apparently already 80% sold out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/night-s...phen-king.html

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Best hurry then...it's up for pre-order now, and apparently already 80% sold out.

Thanks; I've ordered mine.

I wonder when this went up.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Like many of you, I'd already seen an early listing of Night Shift and ordered then.

This new listing has much more detail than the previous (limited notice) one did; I wonder if there may yet be more detail added to this.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This one looks fantastic. Sadly I will need to pass on it but Wow!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who says it has.
    People should adhere to the requests when/if they receive a notification.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the public email a couple hours ago.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Who says it has.
    it is up on their website.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Who says it has.
    it is up on their website.
    Correct. The public email for folks like me went out and it was up live on their website before I made mention of it. I have not bought any of the other editions direct though CD (until now, with NIGHT SHIFT), so I wasn't party to the private/hush-hush early email that went out and accounted for 80% of the sales before I got wind of it (along w/ everyone else).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wonder if The Stand will make the jump and be the first one to sell out entirely (I'm talking GE) based on early notice, prior to any general announcement.

Obviously, it's one of his most significant and loved works, and I have an acquaintance who has watched me buy the first 4 without jumping in, but dearly wants The Stand, sight unseen (well, except for the one piece of art CD let out, which I showed to him), and he can't be the only such person out there.
    Last edited by St. Troy; 08-02-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: longwind

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My mistake. I was out at the movies and checked the site here before checking CD's site.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently, VFB says that they have 3 signed copies of NIGHT SHIFT on preorder at $350 each
    >>> http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Product...ductCode=sk157
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still am looking for an Artist Carrie. No portfolio needed thanks!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I've bought Carrie and 'Salem's Lot directly from CD and didn't receive the "secret" email about it. It's all good, all's well that ends well.
    Assuming you didn't buy The Shining from CD (and why the bloody hell not??), maybe that took you off the early notice list (just a guess based on your details).

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I've bought Carrie and 'Salem's Lot directly from CD and didn't receive the "secret" email about it. It's all good, all's well that ends well.
    Assuming you didn't buy The Shining from CD (and why the bloody hell not??), maybe that took you off the early notice list (just a guess based on your details).
    I did. I tried to edit my post to say "previous GEs directly from CD", deleted it instead because I realized it didn't really matter, I got my Night Shift pre-order in.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a sad day today. The Dark Tower film is apparently very blah and Night Shift doesn't contain any uncollected bonus stories.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ...Night Shift doesn't contain any uncollected bonus stories.
    I didn't want to be the one to broach the subject, but since you have...yes.

Might there be a chance of more detail (more extras) being announced later? Or is that pretty much a pipe dream at this point? I know CD had previously described Night Shift as being "in production," which to me suggested that this is a done deal as far as what's on the page, but they've been known to take their time, so...

Should we give up hope on this?

All I can say is, what you see on the Night Shift product page is what we could get approval for. We asked for anything and everything you can imagine for a possible bonus section, but this was the preferred and requested TOC. At the end of the day, we try to make the best book we can, even if it isn't exactly the book we dreamed of, and that is what we are doing here. The artwork is perfect for the tone of the book, in my opinion, and I know Stewart will nail the new afterword.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks Brian.

I hate to say anything that might sound negative; "disappointing" is not a word I attach to anything I've seen from CD. I think the nature of Night Shift is such that it allowed our imaginations to run away with the possibilities, which were vast, and it's tough for anyone to compete with another's imagination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 669 of 890 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 769 ... LastLast