Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 653 of 889 FirstFirst ... 153 553 603 643 651 652 653 654 655 663 703 753 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,325 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

When the next CD book is released for pre-order (no idea when that will be) do most people order multiple editions? I only ask because I do not have any S/L editions and from the current prices probably won't for the foreseeable future. Would it make sense for me to buy a Gift and S/L edition of Night Shift, The Stand and Pet Sematary if available when released? That way, I would have a complete set of Gift editions and either sell at a later date the S/L's, or hope the price goes down on the ones I don't have and build that collection.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    When the next CD book is released for pre-order (no idea when that will be) do most people order multiple editions? I only ask because I do not have any S/L editions and from the current prices probably won't for the foreseeable future. Would it make sense for me to buy a Gift and S/L edition of Night Shift, The Stand and Pet Sematary if available when released? That way, I would have a complete set of Gift editions and either sell at a later date the S/L's, or hope the price goes down on the ones I don't have and build that collection.
    Collect how and what you want to collect I say. Personally, along the lines of Kris' thinking, I'd just go for the S/L. I only have one flat signed 1st/1st copy via my Secret Santa. If/when I do start collecting King again, it'd be of this variety along with S/Ls.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have begun to think that it is a great idea to buy both the S/L and Gift Editions. CD has been putting out books of amazing quality and content for many years now, and the rep that CD has as a small publisher just continues to rise. I've recently picked up the gift editions that I didn't have (except for the Salem's Lot which I haven't found for the right price yet) that I had missed, and will probably pick up as many copies of The Stand gift as I can afford. Night Shift and Pet Sematary are also very popular depending on the collectors. I really love that first short story collection and the shock of PS really makes it a likely hit.

Long story short, if you look at the CD editions, there are only a very few of them that can be found at or below cover price, so I'd call it a low risk at retaining market value unless something at CD inexplicably changes.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Collect how and what you want to collect I say. Personally, along the lines of Kris' thinking, I'd just go for the S/L. I only have one flat signed 1st/1st copy via my Secret Santa. If/when I do start collecting King again, it'd be of this variety along with S/Ls.
    In spite of my post, I absolutely agree with Brian. Collect how YOU want.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am leaning towards trying to buy both the Gift and S/L versions. It'll all really come down to how much my wife will let me spend The positive point here is she knows how collectible SK books are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I received my GBB book the other day and wanted to say thank you! Will the slipcases follow soon after the books are sent out?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I have begun to think that it is a great idea to buy both the S/L and Gift Editions. CD has been putting out books of amazing quality and content for many years now, and the rep that CD has as a small publisher just continues to rise. I've recently picked up the gift editions that I didn't have (except for the Salem's Lot which I haven't found for the right price yet) that I had missed, and will probably pick up as many copies of The Stand gift as I can afford. Night Shift and Pet Sematary are also very popular depending on the collectors. I really love that first short story collection and the shock of PS really makes it a likely hit.

Long story short, if you look at the CD editions, there are only a very few of them that can be found at or below cover price, so I'd call it a low risk at retaining market value unless something at CD inexplicably changes.
    I agree, Seth that CD puts out an amazing product. Even at the GE level. I can't recall but the remaining DD books will not be signed by King, correct?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I received my GBB book the other day and wanted to say thank you! Will the slipcases follow soon after the books are sent out?
    Slipcases will be completed in about 12 weeks!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

any update on the CTCC slipcases Brian?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    any update on the CTCC slipcases Brian?
    Supposed to be done in mid-June from what I'm hearing. They might arrive just as several of us are leaving on vacation, so I'll post something more specific when I know!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks for both updates!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If my copy of Gwendy was bumped and wanted a replacement, is that a Mindy e-mail?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If my copy of Gwendy was bumped and wanted a replacement, is that a Mindy e-mail?
    It is!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

About The Shining - we know it's shipping in June, but what are the chances it will be delivered after June 9? That's right, after - I am on vacation that week and the only person left in the building who might be aware of things like mail is as likely as not to leave a large box outside for several days to warp in the humidity and rain. If it doesn't come until September, hey, I can live with that! I just want it to arrive after June 9.

Likely?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    About The Shining - we know it's shipping in June, but what are the chances it will be delivered after June 9? That's right, after - I am on vacation that week and the only person left in the building who might be aware of things like mail is as likely as not to leave a large box outside for several days to warp in the humidity and rain. If it doesn't come until September, hey, I can live with that! I just want it to arrive after June 9.

Likely?
    You can go to the post office and ask them to hold your mail. Hell I think you can do it online these days. Basically when you get back you to the post office and pick up your huge wad of mail or they bring it to you the next day.

One thing I do is leave notes in my mail box for the mail man letting him now when we are out of town and just ask him to hold packages. usually works for me.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Likely?
    Honestly I have no idea. You could always email Mindy and ask her to put your order on "hold" until a specific date. I believe our order management system is capable of that.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked Mindy to put an order on hold. Turned out to be no problem whatsoever.

sk

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

It doesn't look like Brian has had a chance to post this here yet, so I'll just go ahead and quote this out of today's newsletter. It's pretty big news (for us).

BIG NEWS! One week after Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar was published, it has made history for Cemetery Dance Publications as our first-ever National Bestseller! Specifically, our edition is now:

* #4 on the New York Times bestsellers list (combined print/ebook)
    * #7 on the New York Times list (hardcover)
    * #4 on the USA Today bestsellers list
    * #12 on the Amazon bestsellers list

In addition, on Amazon.com they noted: "MOST ANTICIPATED. There were more pre-orders for Gwendy's Button Box than any other book released this week on the Most Sold Fiction Chart."

We've also heard that Gwendy's Button Box will appear on Publishers Weekly bestsellers list this week.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    It doesn't look like Brian has had a chance to post this here yet, so I'll just go ahead and quote this out of today's newsletter. It's pretty big news (for us).

BIG NEWS! One week after Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar was published, it has made history for Cemetery Dance Publications as our first-ever National Bestseller! Specifically, our edition is now:

* #4 on the New York Times bestsellers list (combined print/ebook)
    * #7 on the New York Times list (hardcover)
    * #4 on the USA Today bestsellers list
    * #12 on the Amazon bestsellers list

In addition, on Amazon.com they noted: "MOST ANTICIPATED. There were more pre-orders for Gwendy's Button Box than any other book released this week on the Most Sold Fiction Chart."

We've also heard that Gwendy's Button Box will appear on Publishers Weekly bestsellers list this week.
    That's fantastic! Congratulations CD!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It must be great for Stephen King to finally align himself with another author who can actually help him get one of his books on the best sellers list - All Hail Mr Chizmar!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. Congrats CD crew! You might not remain our beloved "small" press much longer

Is there an ETA on the Six Scary Stories slipcase? I haven't received either the book or slipcase yet....

Hearts in Suspension slipcase?

Brian mentioned getting extra slipcases for the GBB variant from NRB, will those be available to order when you guys get them at the warehouse or sooner?

Just excited!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    That's awesome. Congrats CD crew! You might not remain our beloved "small" press much longer

Is there an ETA on the Six Scary Stories slipcase? I haven't received either the book or slipcase yet....

Brian mentioned getting extra slipcases for the GBB variant from NRB, will those be available to order when you guys get them at the warehouse or sooner?

Just excited!
    Thank you!
    I think all of those cases are in production, but don't quote me on that. Brian would know more than I do.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    It must be great for Stephen King to finally align himself with another author who can actually help him get one of his books on the best sellers list - All Hail Mr Chizmar!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Just excited!
    Thank you!
    Our rep at our slipcase maker is leaving after 10 years there, so we're transitioning to a new rep now. Cross your fingers for us!

SIX SCARY STORIES and GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX slipcases should be sometime this summer, but I'm still waiting on the final dates. We probably won't sell more GBB cases until we are sure of our final counts when the cases arrive.

HEARTS IN SUSPENSION and CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO are due to be finished in June, but several of us will be away on vacation that week when they are to be finished, so I'm not sure of the ship date yet.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 653 of 889 FirstFirst ... 153 553 603 643 651 652 653 654 655 663 703 753 ... LastLast