Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 889 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    What happens if you put that white slipcase near (next to) the SP blue Shining s/l case....
    Honestly. Probably nothing. We've had white cases sitting next to cases of other color on the shelves here at the office for years now with nothing happen to them. The cases being white does not make them any more fragile / markable than really nay of the other cases we produce. It's essentially the same material as the cases on the other Doubleday series books, just in a different color. So it won't really mark up any more or less than any of the other cases, said marks may be more visible (just because it's white) but not more prevalent. Also any markings (unless it's a scratch) just rub right off with a damp finger (this goes for any cases made in that particular material).
    Dan,

I think Chad specifically means the Subterranean limited edition. That case has issues with the blue rubbing. I would leave some space between this book. I actually have mine in one of the plastic bags that are used in shipping them.
    I still think you'd be fine. The blue would only rub off if you're constantly taking them on and off the shelf. Otherwise they are just sitting next to each other. Also, even if some blue did transfer over to the white it should rub right off again. Personally I'll be keeping my copies of the Doubleday Years together.

My post about the material was also more for anyone who was worried about any "risks" involved in using white material.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wait the case had running transfer issues? I thought that was a myth. The only thing I thought was confirmed was the marbled boards transferring on the inside of the slipcase.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    What happens if you put that white slipcase near (next to) the SP blue Shining s/l case....
    Honestly. Probably nothing. We've had white cases sitting next to cases of other color on the shelves here at the office for years now with nothing happen to them. The cases being white does not make them any more fragile / markable than really nay of the other cases we produce. It's essentially the same material as the cases on the other Doubleday series books, just in a different color. So it won't really mark up any more or less than any of the other cases, said marks may be more visible (just because it's white) but not more prevalent. Also any markings (unless it's a scratch) just rub right off with a damp finger (this goes for any cases made in that particular material).
    Dan,

I think Chad specifically means the Subterranean limited edition. That case has issues with the blue rubbing. I would leave some space between this book. I actually have mine in one of the plastic bags that are used in shipping them.
    Me too! and if the room is exposed to a higher tempature, the slipcase gets ruined. pictures are posted here somewhere.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Rubbing...

...........must...................resist.......... ....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Wait the case had running transfer issues? I thought that was a myth. The only thing I thought was confirmed was the marbled boards transferring on the inside of the slipcase.
    My SP Shining tray case got damaged just by having the gift edition touching it on my bookcase. The leather of the trey case stuck to the slipcase, and sort of bubbled/stretched and eventually tore when I separated them. They weren't tightly pressed together, just lightly touching. Bill was great and sent a replacement straight away, but its not a case that should be touching anything IMO.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    My SP Shining tray case got damaged just by having the gift edition touching it on my bookcase. The leather of the trey case stuck to the slipcase, and sort of bubbled/stretched and eventually tore when I separated them. They weren't tightly pressed together, just lightly touching. Bill was great and sent a replacement straight away, but its not a case that should be touching anything IMO.
    Well that is scary as hell. I just went and checked my two tray cases and neither has caused damaged to the books they were touching yet. I've definitely separated them from the rest though.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the CD website had dust jackets available of various King publications. Are they no longer sold?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I thought the CD website had dust jackets available of various King publications. Are they no longer sold?
    Ask Dan or Brian through email. They still have some (I think all the It jackets are gone) but for some reason don't have them on their website any more.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Brian when do you expect the Lettered Shining to be finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Ask Dan or Brian through email. They still have some (I think all the It jackets are gone) but for some reason don't have them on their website any more.
    Too much trouble keeping the inventory correct for the site for SO many titles, but if you email Dan, he can check the shelf for you and make sure we have what you need!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    The books are with the hand-binder now and I would like to get the very first finished copy to our high-end traycase maker in May, so he can be done with his work this summer. Don't quote me on that just yet, but I'm hoping to turn this one around much faster than 'Salem's Lot went.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    The books are with the hand-binder now and I would like to get the very first finished copy to our high-end traycase maker in May, so he can be done with his work this summer. Don't quote me on that just yet, but I'm hoping to turn this one around much faster than 'Salem's Lot went.

Brian
    Thanks Brian

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Liljas : there will be a limited variant cover for GWENDY's

Have you heard about The Nocturnal Reader's Box? Well I hadn’t until recently. The Nocturnal Reader's Box is a horror sci-fi subscription company and each month they send out a new secret box. Each box has a theme and in June the theme is: All Hail the King.

The Nocturnal Reader's Box has worked with Cemetery Dance to create an exclusive cover for Gwendy’s Button Box just for their subscribers and all items in the box will be Stephen King related and exclusive to this box. The price is only $35 + s/h and there will only be 1500 boxes so don’t wait to long to place your order (they start taking orders on May 1st) here.
    >>> http://www.liljas-library.com/articl...d=5444&ref=rss
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From Liljas : there will be a limited variant cover for GWENDY's

Have you heard about The Nocturnal Reader's Box? Well I hadn’t until recently. The Nocturnal Reader's Box is a horror sci-fi subscription company and each month they send out a new secret box. Each box has a theme and in June the theme is: All Hail the King.

The Nocturnal Reader's Box has worked with Cemetery Dance to create an exclusive cover for Gwendy’s Button Box just for their subscribers and all items in the box will be Stephen King related and exclusive to this box. The price is only $35 + s/h and there will only be 1500 boxes so don’t wait to long to place your order (they start taking orders on May 1st) here.
    >>> http://www.liljas-library.com/articl...d=5444&ref=rss
    The oh jeeze. This sounds like comic variants which is such a money grab business.

The oh jeeze. This sounds like comic variants which is such a money grab business.
    I have to admit that I don't know much about how the comic business works, so Dan will probably chime in because he's much more knowledgable in that area, but I can give some information about this situation from my perspective:

This is a situation where a retailer approached us and Steve's agents about producing his own DJ for his copies of GWENDY for his monthly club subscribers. We liked the idea, in the sense that the retailer was enthusiastic and eager and it's hard not to like another small business run by someone who is obviously having fun and excited to be doing what he is doing.

That said, we left the final decision completely in Steve's camp because we all know that it is Steve's name that people are seeing when they see this book -- it is not our logo on the spine they are buying! Steve gave the "OK" to the idea so long as he retained cover approval. The company sent their proposed cover and it was given the "OK."

So the retailer is buying books from us as a normal retailer, but will have different DJs to put on his copies. Which, I should mention, he COULD have just done all on his own without asking ANYONE -- US law is very clear that we retain no control over what someone does with the books after the sale is complete. So the fact that he did things the "polite and professional way" by contacting us and contacting Steve's people is a big old PLUS in my book. Lots of people don't even exhibit that level of courtesy these days.

Just my two cents about "how" this DJ came to be for those who will find it helpful!

best,
    Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, someone can buy the books and do what they want and re sell them legally? Without approval?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

To add to what Brian said. The way comic book variant covers work is that for a retailer to receive a variant cover they have to order a certain number of the regular cover. So for a 1 in 20 variant the retailer has to order 20 copies of the regular cover. The comic publisher just gets a bump in sales numbers and the retailer jacks up the price of the variant in a way that covers having to order all those extra comic books. Thus the cost is essentially transferred to the customer. That's really not what's going on here at all. In fact it is my understanding that the value of the items in the boxes is actually higher than the retail price of the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, someone can buy the books and do what they want and re sell them legally? Without approval?

I'm not Brian, but it is my understanding that that's pretty much how it works. As long as they are clear on what is being done. It's why rebinding projects are legal.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not Brian, but it is my understanding that that's pretty much how it works. As long as they are clear on what is being done. It's why rebinding projects are legal.
    Once you buy the book, except for making illegal copies, it's yours to do with it what you like. You can burn it, mutilate it, cover it with your own dustjacket, rebind it, etc..
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Once you buy the book, except for making illegal copies, it's yours to do with it what you like. You can burn it, mutilate it, cover it with your own dustjacket, rebind it, etc..
    Yep. There's, um, a great example of that on eBay right now for anyone who follows the Auctions thread on this website...

Brian

But just to emphasize the point, the guy who owns this company approached King's people and our company seeking permission for the "special DJ" idea instead of just ordering the books and then doing whatever he wanted, possibly causing us headaches even though it would have been 100% legal. So he went way beyond what he was obligated to do, and I suspect that says a lot about how he's trying to run his business. I'll definitely be checking out what's in the box with GWENDY to see if this program is something I might subscribe to -- I've never done the "box of the month" thing before but it sounds like fun.

Brian

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Yep. There's, um, a great example of that on eBay right now for anyone who follows the Auctions thread on this website...

Brian
    Oh I thought that was one of your books

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Doesn't Overlook books do a lot of that,creating limited dj for a lot of book club and later printings.?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

eg the discussion we had for the Eyes of the dragon rebound books for instance.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

eg the discussion we had for the Eyes of the dragon rebound books for instance.
    Thought of that.... by those are used books. Where those are brand new...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 889 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 ... LastLast