Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 624 of 890 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 674 724 ... LastLast
Results 15,576 to 15,600 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Anybody know how many of each card King signed for the 350 Blockade Billy S/Ls?

Note the catalog. Two different cards used with Kings pic and sig.

The one with him in front of bleachers/seats seems to be more popular but, could be wrong.
    Yeah ive seen it mentioned here before. I think the bleacher backdrop was much more prevalent if memory serves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

brianjamesfreeman.com
    http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/

The Secret History of Stephen King’s Baseball Cards

As many of you know, Lonely Road Books published a deluxe Limited Edition and a deluxe Lettered Edition of Blockade Billy by Stephen King. They looked something like this (click on any of the images for the full gallery on the LRB website):

Many collectors already know that Stephen King autographed his first-ever baseball cards as his way of signing these special editions, which I thought was very cool, but what no one outside a small group knew until now is that there were actually two different baseball cards created for King. Here’s how this unique and unusual collectible item came to be:

After running the baseball card idea by King, who loved it, we hired a local shop to custom-make a uniform and baseball cap for the fictional New Jersey Titans. These items were shipped down to King in Florida and we waited to see what happened. A few weeks later, the results of a photo shoot arrived.

We narrowed the photos down to one image and Kate Freeman Design went to work, creating two versions of the card. The first version used the original photo of King exactly as it was taken. The second version used the same photo of King, only he was photoshopped into a stock photo of Wrigley field. (We didn’t want to use a photo of Fenway because that seemed a little clichéd given King’s well-known affinity for the team, but we did want something that evoked an earlier era of baseball.)

Here are the two versions of the card before Kate finished aging them a bit:

We ran the cards by the folks who needed to approve them, and no one could pick a favorite because everyone liked both of them for different reasons. In the end, we printed both designs because the book is about a baseball player with a secret and we thought it would be fun for this special edition to also have a secret or two of its own.

Approximately 25% of the “original photo” cards without the baseball field background were sent out to customers with their books, making it the rarer version of the two.

Here is a photo of one of the signed cards:

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting the write-up!

Yep, that's what I thought regarding the rarity of the "original" card.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    brianjamesfreeman.com
    http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/

The Secret History of Stephen King’s Baseball Cards
    I love when Past Brian helps out Future Brian like this.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how much the non-Wrigley Field signed card would affect the value of the S/L.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    That's because 'Present' Brian owns a DeLorean time machine....

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Brian
    .....or a diner.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Brian
    .....or a diner.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The Tabitha King book is being shipped and it looks like there are some copies in stock for those that missed out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/small-w...d-edition.html
    Approximately 15 left!

Brian
    Any chance of these going to PS Publishing. US postage and U.K. Customs has killed off my buying direct from America.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post

Any chance of these going to PS Publishing. US postage and U.K. Customs has killed off my buying direct from America.
    You shouldn't be paying UK customs charges on any book purchases from the US. Printed paper (books, posters etc) are exempt from import customs duty and VAT in the UK.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

You shouldn't be paying UK customs charges on any book purchases from the US. Printed paper (books, posters etc) are exempt from import customs duty and VAT in the UK.
    This is true so long as the person shipping correctly says BOOK on the customs label... I had a couple of problems last year - Jean Cocteau bookstore shipped one parcel with a customs label that just said 'game of thrones' and Fairy Magazine shipped a signed Charles Vess book with a label that said 'gift / jewellery ' (which I assume is a standard label they use). The problem then is proving what you received when you fill in a tax reclaim form, which is a hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The Tabitha King book is being shipped and it looks like there are some copies in stock for those that missed out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/small-w...d-edition.html
    Approximately 15 left!

Brian
    I know PS Publishing ordered the book, but I don't know if they have any copies left!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks. I will have a look.

I figured I'd mention this now for future reference:

For those who snag a Gwendy's Button Box ARC from a reviewer or wherever, you'll want to note that there are approximately 15 to 20 little changes between that version of the text and the final file I sent to the printer for the 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover. Mostly some word choice changes by the authors, but also corrections of a few anachronisms. (Meaning the anachronisms that DO remain are there because the authors wanted them there!).

Brian

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, Is there any update on The City of Mirrors? Production page lists this as deep into production.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Brian, Is there any update on The City of Mirrors? Production page lists this as deep into production.
    It's basically ready for the printer, from what I recall, so we just have a few titles ahead of it to get through first.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It's basically ready for the printer, from what I recall, so we just have a few titles ahead of it to get through first.

Brian
    What about the lettered editions of The Twelve?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Brian
    Cases are still in production, I'll ask Mindy to kick our case maker again to get him moving!

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Brian
    Cases are still in production, I'll ask Mindy to kick our case maker again to get him moving!

Brian
    Ha! Thanks

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the reply.

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, whats a good estimate for the Shining to get out?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, whats a good estimate for the Shining to get out?
    May is when I'm hoping to have the Gift Edition slipcases and the Limited Edition traycases!

Brian

The first official review I've seen for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX has been posted:

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-...chard-chizmar/

If you've been wondering about the nature of the button box, some answers await you there.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first official review I've seen for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX has been posted:

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-...chard-chizmar/

If you've been wondering about the nature of the button box, some answers await you there.

Brian
    That's a great review. I can't wait to get my copy and read the book.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 624 of 890 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 674 724 ... LastLast