Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 614 of 890 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 ... LastLast
Results 15,326 to 15,350 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Lottery... nooooooo!
    Aw, c'mon, Shirley Jackson is great!
    I think the prize for winning this lottery is much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wouldn't ask folks to order the handful of remaining copies of The William Peter Blatty Script Set just to have a chance to order Gwendy... I have plans for those of you who visit this thread often... good plans for your collection, maybe not so good for your wallet. Stay tuned...

Brian
    That's very very cool. CD is the best (and TheDarktower.org is pretty cool too).
    Agreed... TheDarktower.org is pretty cool
    Thanks Jerome

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BOOM got my copy finally. That was SLOW. lol Must be selling lots Brian! I shared it on a couple of my King FB sites too.. They are going bananas with excitement. lol Asking when it will be at their local book store. hahahaha I set him straight though and gave them the link!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it sucks I can't match BB or all of my CD numbers. And lotterys are a frigging joke. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Agreed... TheDarktower.org is pretty cool
    Very much agreed

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

This might be my favorite all-time opening to any of Bev's already impressive columns:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...dead-zone-195/

It makes me want to go back and read everything Castle Rock again!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    CD server is flinching...
    Yeah can't order.
    Thanks, on the phone with the server people right now as this rolls out!
    Thanks Brian - I will ask about the limited/lettered here - I would assume by last LRB title you mean blockade Billy correct?
    The William Peter Blatty Script Set, the most recently announced LRB title.

Brian

I purchased this set, mainly because I liked the Exorcist and it sounded like a cool idea, but also because Blatty's daughter was my sister's roommate in college.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Well dang. I'll hope for the lottery then. I signed up for the LRB newsletter a long time ago and have never gotten one so didn't even know about this collection. I assumed that nothing new had come out so never checked which is definitely my bad!
    Seems like a punishment for those of us who bought blockade Billy and faithful.
    I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Well dang. I'll hope for the lottery then. I signed up for the LRB newsletter a long time ago and have never gotten one so didn't even know about this collection. I assumed that nothing new had come out so never checked which is definitely my bad!
    Seems like a punishment for those of us who bought blockade Billy and faithful.
    I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.
    I think that possibility was always there. This might arguably even mitigate that a bit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Who are all these "guests"
    Don't worry, they aren't on the list...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there are collectors who order the same number of every LRB title, so they need to be taken care of first. Then it only seems right to offer to those who have supported the most recent book. But don't worry Dark Tower fans, I have plans... for you.

Brian
    You know, I could ask if those plans involve chains, leather, dwarves, and smothered blueberry pancakes and nobody around here would bat an eye.

Some might even applaud.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't ask folks to order the handful of remaining copies of The William Peter Blatty Script Set just to have a chance to order Gwendy... I have plans for those of you who visit this thread often... good plans for your collection, maybe not so good for your wallet. Stay tuned...

Brian
    Noted... refresh here every hour

Edit:
    And one more question...
    What is the print run of trade edition?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

But if you were a collector who had previously supported a press, and you were told you had to compete with everyone else to get the next book by that press even though you've always supported the press by ordering their less popular titles, how would that make you feel?

Edited to add: that wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, this is ALWAYS a tough process to deal with on all ends. You'd think it would be easy as a publisher -- just announce it and sell like crazy -- but when you want to take care of everyone who has supported you over the years, it's actually a tough balancing act, especially knowing you WILL make someone you like unhappy.

Brian

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This might be my favorite all-time opening to any of Bev's already impressive columns:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...dead-zone-195/

It makes me want to go back and read everything Castle Rock again!

Brian
    Thanks! It was fun to summarize what we knew about that quirky little town.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Determining who Brian chooses is a complex formula based upon several factors, some of which (but not all) are:

• Member Reputation Rating
    • iTrader Rating
    • Post participation in the CD thread
    • Avatar (<------quickly decides to drop the crow and replace with the CD logo)
    • Member "Mindy Rating" (How nice have you been to to her lately?)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Determining who Brian chooses is a complex formula based upon several factors, some of which (but not all) are:

• Member Reputation Rating
    • iTrader Rating
    • Post participation in the CD thread
    • Avatar (<------quickly decides to drop the crow and replace with the CD logo)
    • Member "Mindy Rating" (How nice have you been to to her lately?)
    Lol this was best post yet. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But if you were a collector who had previously supported a press, and you were told you had to compete with everyone else to get the next book by that press even though you've always supported the press by ordering their less popular titles, how would that make you feel?

Edited to add: that wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, this is ALWAYS a tough process to deal with on all ends. You'd think it would be easy as a publisher -- just announce it and sell like crazy -- but when you want to take care of everyone who has supported you over the years, it's actually a tough balancing act, especially knowing you WILL make someone you like unhappy.

Brian
    Seems to me all the people who supported CD over the years, even when they took 10 years to get a book out, allowed for the creation of LRB. Now they get preference? It does not make me feel happy.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Seems to me all the people who supported CD over the years, even when they took 10 years to get a book out, allowed for the creation of LRB. Now they get preference? It does not make me feel happy.
    LRB is separate to CD. As Brian pointed out, you wouldn't be happy if you were a loyal customer of LRB but couldn't purchase the book because Joe public got there first....

Considering there will be only 26 Lettered copies available. A lottery IS THE ONLY WAY to ensure equal fairness to all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Considering there will be only 26 Lettered copies available. A lottery IS THE ONLY WAY to ensure equal fairness to all.
    26? 52 I am betting... and Brian cannot please everyone. I thank him for doing what he can.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had the opportunity to just purchase a lettered copy, but I think how it's being handled is fair. Long time customers get first chance to match their number/letter and then a lottery for everyone else interested.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    26? 52 I am betting... and Brian cannot please everyone. I thank him for doing what he can.
    Steve agreed to sign 52, so that will be the Lettered Edition run. He is also signing 350 sheets for the Limited Edition run.

I always know I can't please everyone, but I still try. I know what it's like on all sides of the process, after all. Hopefully, everyone who really wants a copy will be able to get one. I'll be in touch on that front tomorrow.

Brian

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a flip side to that coin. Without a lottery, there would be nothing to stop King fans buying multiple copies of the book and then flipping the unwanted ones at inflated prices.

And, of course, I would have been thrilled if I could have gotten 1,000 signature sheets signed, so EVERYONE who wants one could get one.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree with the above 3. I think it's probably the most fair method.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

There is a flip side to that coin. Without a lottery, there would be nothing to stop King fans buying multiple copies of the book and then flipping the unwanted ones at inflated prices.
    Yes there would - 1 copy per customer. Let's see what Brian has for us tomorrow before we get too worked up. CD is doing what they can for us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 614 of 890 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 ... LastLast