Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 889 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,075 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    For those that purchased one, the Salem's Lot lettered editions are shipping out today / tomorrow.
    Yay! Just got my shipping notice, and noticed the matching Letter is confirmed. Although I now have several lettered editions, this will be the first that I am the first owner of.

Can't wait to see it!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Brian.

This page on the CD site: http://www.cemeterydance.com/from-a-buick-8.html under the DELUXE DETAILS tab has this link: From a Buick 8 art page. which leads to a Requested Item Not Available page.

Where did Bernie's art go?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hey, Brian.

This page on the CD site: http://www.cemeterydance.com/from-a-buick-8.html under the DELUXE DETAILS tab has this link: From a Buick 8 art page. which leads to a Requested Item Not Available page.

Where did Bernie's art go?
    I'm guessing that directory didn't make the jump from the old server to the new server. I'll see if I have the artwork anywhere. Production started on that one before I was hired, so I don't have many files from those days!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question for either Brian or Dan. Will boarded and bag comics fit into the CD Magazine slipcases? Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Question for either Brian or Dan. Will boarded and bag comics fit into the CD Magazine slipcases? Thanks!
    Since I'm Brian...

They will fit with room to spare.

You'll have about a 1/2" of room in height and about 1 3/4" in depth.

You could add a spacer in the back of the slipcase to bring the comics closer to the front.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Since I'm Brian...

They will fit with room to spare.

You'll have about a 1/2" of room in height and about 1 3/4" in depth.

You could add a spacer in the back of the slipcase to bring the comics closer to the front.
    Thanks, Br!an!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Why did Cemetery Dance change delivery to FedX for the shipment of Lettered Salem's Lot?? I just got home, sticker on door and no way to work out being at
    home to accept delivery tomorrow. Just got off the phone with them and they are a pain in the ass to deal with, it's not like I can just go by the PO to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Why did Cemetery Dance change delivery to FedX for the shipment of Lettered Salem's Lot?? I just got home, sticker on door and no way to work out being at
    home to accept delivery tomorrow. Just got off the phone with them and they are a pain in the ass to deal with, it's not like I can just go by the PO to pick up.
    Dan would have to answer questions about specific shipping methods and why we use them, but I didn't know that Fed-Ex would require anyone to sign for these. Does UPS? Is it an issue of the value of the package maybe?

We're very sorry for any inconvenience, and if you can't get the package from Fed-Ex, we'll re-ship it via another method.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Dan would have to answer questions about specific shipping methods and why we use them, but I didn't know that Fed-Ex would require anyone to sign for these. Does UPS? Is it an issue of the value of the package maybe?

We're very sorry for any inconvenience, and if you can't get the package from Fed-Ex, we'll re-ship it via another method.

Best,
    Brian
    Yes, this Fedex requires signature confirmation, which is ok since it is a high value, I don't have a problem with that. But, if the USPS needs a signature
    you can just go down to the Post Office and pick-up. Fedex wants to re-deliver at their convinience or charge you to deliver it someplace else and that was after
    15 minutes waiting on phone. They also have it online but they make you register/password etc....like you are business. They are just not easy to work with,
    maybe they offered you a great shipping rate, but for future reference maybe tell us so we can make arrangements. Thanks.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For those that purchased one, the Salem's Lot lettered editions are shipping out today / tomorrow.
    I can't wait to see photos.

Someone please post photos.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best,
    Brian
    Yes, this Fedex requires signature confirmation, which is ok since it is a high value, I don't have a problem with that. But, if the USPS needs a signature
    you can just go down to the Post Office and pick-up. Fedex wants to re-deliver at their convinience or charge you to deliver it someplace else and that was after
    15 minutes waiting on phone. They also have it online but they make you register/password etc....like you are business. They are just not easy to work with,
    maybe they offered you a great shipping rate, but for future reference maybe tell us so we can make arrangements. Thanks.
    I have issues with FEDEX and UPS delivering to my home - we have a gate - and often they do not even make an attempt; however we do have a local UPS and FEDEX store - so I am usually able to get it delivered to the store - but that occurs about 2 days after initial home attempt. So it varies for everyone
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Best,
    Brian
    I'm guessing this is region by region so it's hard to put the blame on CD here. I know that I've picked up a few packages at my local Fed Ex hub without any hassle or problem. Like a lot of services, I'm sure it varies location to location.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've called FedEx and asked them to deliver it to a local FedEX Office (formerly "Kinko's") location and it's never been a problem or incurred a charge. In fact, I believe I've done this on-line with no phone call even. I've done this prior to attempted home delivery, and (if I'm remembering correctly) even after finding an attempted delivery note taped to my door. I think as long as you have the FedEx tracking/shipping number, you can do this. At least, I was.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a FedEx facility near me and whenever I get a door tag I go over here and they have it for pick up.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

We wouldn't have changed shipping from UPS to FedEx. I did however upgrade people from Media Mail to FedEx. Media Mail has zero shipping insurance and given the cost of the lettered editions we decided to upgrade the handful of people who where shipping media mail to FedEx. That said there shouldn't have been signature confirmation, as that's a check box that needs to be checked in the back end of our system (and it's off by default). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Country
    Country Flag

We wouldn't have changed shipping from UPS to FedEx. I did however upgrade people from Media Mail to FedEx. Media Mail has zero shipping insurance and given the cost of the lettered editions we decided to upgrade the handful of people who where shipping media mail to FedEx. That said there shouldn't have been signature confirmation, as that's a check box that needs to be checked in the back end of our system (and it's off by default). Sorry for the inconvenience.
    And the saga goes on....they are definitly requiring signature confirmation so your box got checked by someone. I had the box re-routed to my business for today ( I do not have a nearby
    facility like some of you) it cost additional $ to have this done and establishing an account with Fedex AND the best part is I watched the Fedex truck drive right by about an hour ago and
    received an email saying "undeliverable- business closed" which of course is a lie since I am sitting here and the door is open (nice weather today 70 and sunny) so I have called Fedex and they assure me it will either be re-delivered today or at worst tomorrow. Do I believe them? I understand the "upgrade" in shipping but it doesn't feel like an upgrade.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome that you guys upgraded shipping at your expense; even it unfortunately wound up being a hassle. Score one for the good ol' USPS in that regard.

Media mail can be insured as it's always offered to me when I ship via that method. Not sure if the extra cost of insuring media would negate the low cost shipping method though.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

And the saga goes on....they are definitly requiring signature confirmation so your box got checked by someone. I had the box re-routed to my business for today ( I do not have a nearby
    facility like some of you) it cost additional $ to have this done and establishing an account with Fedex AND the best part is I watched the Fedex truck drive right by about an hour ago and
    received an email saying "undeliverable- business closed" which of course is a lie since I am sitting here and the door is open (nice weather today 70 and sunny) so I have called Fedex and they assure me it will either be re-delivered today or at worst tomorrow. Do I believe them? I understand the "upgrade" in shipping but it doesn't feel like an upgrade.
    It has been my experience that sometimes both FedEx and UPS will require a signature even if you didn't choose that extra service. I'm assuming it probably has something to do with the value of the package. Again sorry it's been such a hassle. That definitely was not the intent. One way or another we'll get that book to you, even if FedEx can't get their act together.

Awesome that you guys upgraded shipping at your expense; even it unfortunately wound up being a hassle. Score one for the good ol' USPS in that regard.

Media mail can be insured as it's always offered to me when I ship via that method. Not sure if the extra cost of insuring media would negate the low cost shipping method though.
    It's possible you can insure it if you deal directly with the post office, however using our postage software insurance is not an option. Plus I think our local post office would "go postal" if I turned up with a ton of packages a day they needed to manually run postage / insurance for. They already hate me for just sending them those packages.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stamps.com offers insurance on Media Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stamps.com offers insurance on Media Mail.
    I don't know much about Stamps.com, we use a different company that integrates with our order management software.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I give a huge thumbs-up to Fed-Ex vs Media Mail/USPS; have never had a Fed Ex issue, ever ... they are the go-to as far as I'm concerned. Media Mail is just horrible, and even UPS has brought me destroyed packages.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Personally I give a huge thumbs-up to Fed-Ex vs Media Mail/USPS; have never had a Fed Ex issue, ever ... they are the go-to as far as I'm concerned. Media Mail is just horrible, and even UPS has brought me destroyed packages.
    In my experience they all destroy packages. The one thing I think FedEx (at least from our perspective at CD) has going for it over UPS is cost. Shipping anything via FedEx is substantially cheaper than UPS, especially if it's shipped via an "express" method. It's often half the cost of UPS for express.

Country
    Country Flag

It's possible you can insure it if you deal directly with the post office, however using our postage software insurance is not an option. Plus I think our local post office would "go postal" if I turned up with a ton of packages a day they needed to manually run postage / insurance for. They already hate me for just sending them those packages.
    Yea, because shame on you (CD) keeping them gainfully employed by providing them with your business.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Honestly I've never really had a problem with any shipping service outside of a lost package that was sent to a member here. As far as damage, unless it's just freakin' totally destroyed, it's really all on the shoulders of the shipper to ensure their product is packaged properly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is quite a bit of valid feedback, but no method is 100%. The person that is on the <1% of a delivery issue is understandably distraught. Without knowing the numbers, I'd guess that 99%+ of CD's packages make it without any frustration at all. I'd also guess that <.1% (1 in a thousand if my math is correct) are lost/damaged/destroyed and also irreplaceable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 889 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast