Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 890 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast
Results 14,976 to 15,000 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Just wanted to swing in to say "thank you!!" real quick before I jump on a phone call... I'm actually trying to shake one more tree here before the end of the day, if I can. Hopefully something fun falls out instead of a coconut.

Brian
    What's wrong with a coconut? Better than shaking a tree and getting a cat in the face!
    Not exactly shaking the tree, but it still made me think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bKkmACzuGOw

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hell I'll wait as long as necessary if you get the bonus materials for this one! One of my faves.....have I mentioned that yet?
    I can't wait to see Pete's edition, too. We managed to go in two totally different directions for the artwork for our editions and I think that's great.

Brian
    Me too! I've enjoyed all of the artwork you have posted for the CD edition and also what Pete has posted for theirs.
    Just curious, do you collect as well? What I mean is, do you keep an edition of everything you guys publish and other publishers editions when you guys sell them? For instance, Night Shift by PS. Do you end up getting yourself one?
    I can only imagine the bookshelves....

Just wanted to swing in to say "thank you!!" real quick before I jump on a phone call... I'm actually trying to shake one more tree here before the end of the day, if I can. Hopefully something fun falls out instead of a coconut.

Brian
    What's wrong with a coconut? Better than shaking a tree and getting a cat in the face!
    Coconut to the noggin, cat in the face, squirrel in the Christmas tree... all of these things will hamper productivity!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Just curious, do you collect as well? What I mean is, do you keep an edition of everything you guys publish and other publishers editions when you guys sell them? For instance, Night Shift by PS. Do you end up getting yourself one? I can only imagine the bookshelves....
    I used to keep one of everything from every press we sell, but the space demands were getting out of hand, so now I'm a little more focused on what I keep, just out of necessity!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got an email last night from CD who are once again up to their 'ole wonderful customer service tricks
    Thank you!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got an email last night from CD who are once again up to their 'ole wonderful customer service tricks
    Thank you!
    Agreed. Many, many props to Brian and the CD group.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a Dark Man S/L for Christmas and there was a "limited edition" bookmark in there. Just curious as to the story behind these.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Any chance that delays on The Shining might result in future SK Doubleday Years releases (Night Shift, The Stand, Pet Sematary) being released along a comparatively accelerated schedule (a bit closer together), given that they are already being worked on in some sense?
    I had originally hoped to publish two per year, but it's been amazing how various factors have prevented that.

For example, with NIGHT SHIFT, I still haven't gotten approval for my requested Bonus Features. It might be a "yes" or a "no" or a "some of these" kind of deal. If it's a "no," then things move much faster from here on out. If it's a "yes" or "some" sort of answer, then I need to get an official contract issued and signed, I need to get our typesetter typing files, I have to ask the artist to make time in his schedule for some additional work, I need to revise spec sheets for the printer, etc, etc. Dominos start falling and each one can get stuck and stop our progress. (Also, there's a reason I didn't ask for my ideal Bonus Features for every book all at the same time... It's a good way to get a "yes" to one and "but not these" to the others even though the requests are for different books... Spacing out the requests, one book at a time, helps tremendously. Just a little tip if anyone out there is pitching an author on a multi-volume set!)

But I'm trying really hard to find GOOD bonus features that make the books different and interesting. I might get told "no" but I'm trying, ha!

Brian
    I too will wait as long as necessary for a Night Shift with all possible bonuses (in other words, uncollected pieces from the same time period). And if King said yes to Before and After the Play, I can't see him saying no to great stuff like Weeds or The Crate. The only thing I can see him wavering on is ephemera like The King Family and the Wicked Witch, but it'd still be good to have just to see all these long uncollected pieces in an official King book.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I got a Dark Man S/L for Christmas and there was a "limited edition" bookmark in there. Just curious as to the story behind these.....
    I am pretty sure they where just extra bookmarks from the slipcased trade we included with the more expensive editions. I could be wrong though. That was a long time ago.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I am pretty sure they where just extra bookmarks from the slipcased trade we included with the more expensive editions. I could be wrong though. That was a long time ago.
    I think you nailed it. Just an extra little art piece, in colour. I know it was provided with the slipcased trade edition as well.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I think you nailed it. Just an extra little art piece, in colour. I know it was provided with the slipcased trade edition as well.
    Thanks fellas!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian, I just found out that the legendary William Peter Blatty has passed away.

Does this mean that the planned Lonely Road Books S/L edition of Legion will be cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hi Brian, I just found out that the legendary William Peter Blatty has passed away.

Does this mean that the planned Lonely Road Books S/L edition of Legion will be cancelled?
    No, everything is just about done on the project and it will be published later this year. Not sure when the official announcement will be, though.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear of his passing. The Exorcist was one scary read (much scarier than the movie, I thought).

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Exorcist is one of my favourite books of all time and I agree that it's waaaay scarier than the movie.

Thanks for confirming that the LRB edition of Legion will still be going ahead, Brian! I'm definitely going for the Lettered edition of that to match my truly awesome copy of The Exorcist.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Any chance that delays on The Shining might result in future SK Doubleday Years releases (Night Shift, The Stand, Pet Sematary) being released along a comparatively accelerated schedule (a bit closer together), given that they are already being worked on in some sense?
    I had originally hoped to publish two per year, but it's been amazing how various factors have prevented that.

For example, with NIGHT SHIFT, I still haven't gotten approval for my requested Bonus Features. It might be a "yes" or a "no" or a "some of these" kind of deal. If it's a "no," then things move much faster from here on out. If it's a "yes" or "some" sort of answer, then I need to get an official contract issued and signed, I need to get our typesetter typing files, I have to ask the artist to make time in his schedule for some additional work, I need to revise spec sheets for the printer, etc, etc. Dominos start falling and each one can get stuck and stop our progress. (Also, there's a reason I didn't ask for my ideal Bonus Features for every book all at the same time... It's a good way to get a "yes" to one and "but not these" to the others even though the requests are for different books... Spacing out the requests, one book at a time, helps tremendously. Just a little tip if anyone out there is pitching an author on a multi-volume set!)

But I'm trying really hard to find GOOD bonus features that make the books different and interesting. I might get told "no" but I'm trying, ha!

Brian
    I too will wait as long as necessary for a Night Shift with all possible bonuses (in other words, uncollected pieces from the same time period). And if King said yes to Before and After the Play, I can't see him saying no to great stuff like Weeds or The Crate. The only thing I can see him wavering on is ephemera like The King Family and the Wicked Witch, but it'd still be good to have just to see all these long uncollected pieces in an official King book.
    And speaking of bonuses, it would be cool to have the original magazine versions of the stories that were later collected heavily revised: Strawberry Spring, Night Surf, The Reaper's Image, and It Grows on You.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ...it would be cool to have the original magazine versions of the stories that were later collected heavily revised: Strawberry Spring, Night Surf, The Reaper's Image, and It Grows on You.
    Cool idea; let's hope so.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian - Was just on the website for the first time since you converted over; looks good, but I don't see the production updates section anymore. Did you drop it? Was looking for the latest on lettered Smoke & Mirrors and Gone Girl. Also ordered Fireman and Gorilla. Thx -- George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Hey Brian - Was just on the website for the first time since you converted over; looks good, but I don't see the production updates section anymore. Did you drop it? Was looking for the latest on lettered Smoke & Mirrors and Gone Girl. Also ordered Fireman and Gorilla. Thx -- George
    I'm not sure where Smoke & Mirrors is in the traycase queue, but I can say that I have the cases for Gone Girl and will ship it as soon as I can fit it into the schedule.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks St. Troy and Dan.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw nothing about secrets in the email so I want no trouble from you people!
    The exclusive collectors club that hasn't happened in 6 years sounds fantastic but I'm on the fence. What were some of the past books involved? The SK story is obviously enticing but as far as limited editions go I really try and stick to SK, Hill, and a couple of others so do I need the other two books? Although they do sound intriguing.
    Thoughts folks? I think I'm thinking too much about it and should just do it!

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

With 20% off and a one time (media mail) postage charge....I went for it.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

The exclusive collectors club that hasn't happened in 6 years sounds fantastic but I'm on the fence. What were some of the past books involved? The SK story is obviously enticing but as far as limited editions go I really try and stick to SK, Hill, and a couple of others so do I need the other two books? Although they do sound intriguing.

Full Disclosure: I bought the set (i forgot to take the 20% off). Not sure if the story was "published" in an anthology before. Was published in the adult magazine. When deciding something like this, i usually do a little homework. If it was previously published in anthology i usually pass, but i had a gift certificate. The other books DO NOT INTEREST me.

This is why i decided to get it:

STEPHEN KING FANS, PLEASE NOTE: One of the books included in this deal contains "Man With a Belly" by Stephen King, one of his rarest stories that has never appeared in any of his collections and hasn't been reprinted since the 1970s!

Let me know what you decide to do!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Full Disclosure: I bought the set (i forgot to take the 20% off). Not sure if the story was "published" in an anthology before. Was published in the adult magazine. When deciding something like this, i usually do a little homework. If it was previously published in anthology i usually pass, but i had a gift certificate. The other books DO NOT INTEREST me.

This is why i decided to get it:

STEPHEN KING FANS, PLEASE NOTE: One of the books included in this deal contains "Man With a Belly" by Stephen King, one of his rarest stories that has never appeared in any of his collections and hasn't been reprinted since the 1970s!

Let me know what you decide to do!
    I too forgot the 20% off, but emailed Mindy and she applied it retroactively.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 890 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast