Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 890 FirstFirst ... 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,800 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    There is a discussion on the mercedes trilogy thread. Our mercedes print was advertised as signed by the artist. Mine was not signed. Did this get changed in production? Oversight? Thanks
    Mistake by yours truly when writing the sales copy, and no one else in the office caught it either, unfortunately. In fact, I didn't know I had made the mistake until you asked just now and I went back and looked!

With the exception of a few projects, we don't ask Tomislav to sign things because the first few times we tried were a bit of a disaster due to some very rough handling by one of the postal services between the US and where he lives. Like, I'm pretty sure there's someone in the system between us who has a vendetta against printed matter and won't allow it to arrive in one piece.

So we wouldn't have asked him to sign, and I just bungled the sales copy. Very sorry about that. Anyone who is bummed by this oversight should definitely send me an email (address below) and I'll find a way to make it up to you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

For those who didn't order THE SHINING directly from us, here is this month's production update, which is being emailed shortly:

Unfortunately, production was delayed much longer than we expected when we went to add all of the new material to our special edition of THE SHINING, which includes Stephen King's deleted 40 PAGE PROLOGUE restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story AND a Deleted Material section full of HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even deleted scenes including the infamous long lost "After the Play" chapter.

This delay caused the book to start at the printer nearly four months later than planned, and the finished copies will be completed either just before the printer closes for the holidays or when they re-open for the new year in January.

In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers noted a problem with the dummy books, which has caused them to stop production on the slipcases and traycases until we have finished copies of the book. (The short version is, the paper weight the printer used for the dummy book didn’t appear to have the correct weight, which means the case makers cannot trust the dummy books for proper sizing.)

All of this means the case makers cannot start their work until January when we have finished books, so they can get the cases to fit just right, which means we will not have cases until 12 to 15 weeks after that.

We are VERY sorry about the wait on this book because we know our collectors are dying to read all of the new material Stephen King has given us permission to include. It’s extremely important to us (and to you, we’re sure!) that everything about these books be just right including the fit of the cases to the books, so we’d rather have the production process take longer than expected for the books to be perfect. The other option -- cutting some corners to get done faster and maybe having a less-than-special special edition as the result -- is not how we publish these special editions.

More updates to follow as this book moves through the publishing process. Thank you, as always, for your patience and your continuing support!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    For those who didn't order THE SHINING directly from us, here is this month's production update, which is being emailed shortly:

Unfortunately, production was delayed much longer than we expected when we went to add all of the new material to our special edition of THE SHINING, which includes Stephen King's deleted 40 PAGE PROLOGUE restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story AND a Deleted Material section full of HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even deleted scenes including the infamous long lost "After the Play" chapter.

This delay caused the book to start at the printer nearly four months later than planned, and the finished copies will be completed either just before the printer closes for the holidays or when they re-open for the new year in January.

In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers noted a problem with the dummy books, which has caused them to stop production on the slipcases and traycases until we have finished copies of the book. (The short version is, the paper weight the printer used for the dummy book didn’t appear to have the correct weight, which means the case makers cannot trust the dummy books for proper sizing.)

All of this means the case makers cannot start their work until January when we have finished books, so they can get the cases to fit just right, which means we will not have cases until 12 to 15 weeks after that.

We are VERY sorry about the wait on this book because we know our collectors are dying to read all of the new material Stephen King has given us permission to include. It’s extremely important to us (and to you, we’re sure!) that everything about these books be just right including the fit of the cases to the books, so we’d rather have the production process take longer than expected for the books to be perfect. The other option -- cutting some corners to get done faster and maybe having a less-than-special special edition as the result -- is not how we publish these special editions.

More updates to follow as this book moves through the publishing process. Thank you, as always, for your patience and your continuing support!
    Thanks for the update Brian.

Just curious, will this impact the production schedule for the rest of the Doubleday books?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just curious, will this impact the production schedule for the rest of the Doubleday books?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Not in any specific way. For example, NIGHT SHIFT is cruising along, and all that we really need is a "yes" or "no" on our suggested bonus features so we can start design. (I'm really hoping for a YES. Please cross your fingers!)

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm willing to wait for the finished product to be perfect. Thanks for the update.
    The Night Shift hint sound promising.
    <----------Crosses fingers.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^ditto

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I concur. Definitely prefer right to fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just kidding! Take your time and make it right.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No deadlines; only headlines.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks indeed as some of the us, accross the pond, order from PS
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too had to order from PS. Hopefully it won't be too long after it's released.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Not in any specific way. For example, NIGHT SHIFT is cruising along, and all that we really need is a "yes" or "no" on our suggested bonus features so we can start design. (I'm really hoping for a YES. Please cross your fingers!)

Brian
    Oooh!

Hopefully this means all the uncollected stuff from the same period (according to Wikipedia: The Glass Floor, Harrison State Park '68, The Dark Man, Stud City, Slade, Donovan's Brain, Silence, The Blue Air Compressor, In the Key Chords of Dawn, She Has Gone to Sleep While..., Woman with Child, The Hardcase Speaks, The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan, Weeds, The King Family and the Wicked Witch, The Night of the Tiger, Man with a Belly, The Crate).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I know it has been some time... but when do you think you are going to tell us the artist for Pet? Can you give it to us as a Xmas gift maybe? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I too had to order from PS. Hopefully it won't be too long after it's released.

Thanks,
    Mike

Brian
    Oooh!

Hopefully this means all the uncollected stuff from the same period (according to Wikipedia: The Glass Floor, Harrison State Park '68, The Dark Man, Stud City, Slade, Donovan's Brain, Silence, The Blue Air Compressor, In the Key Chords of Dawn, She Has Gone to Sleep While..., Woman with Child, The Hardcase Speaks, The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan, Weeds, The King Family and the Wicked Witch, The Night of the Tiger, Man with a Belly, The Crate).
    That would be an entire book on its own!
    My guess is permission to include short stories from that era that have been published in prior CD collections.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well Night Shift is a pretty thin book on its own. And half of these are poems.

As long as we're dreaming, maybe even more pre-Glass Floor stories?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Well Night Shift is a pretty thin book on its own. And half of these are poems.
    Hopefully we will see them all in an appendix titled Light of Day Shift!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks,
    Mike

Brian
    Will cross everything that I possibly can!
    Wicked excited for this one. I already love the art that you have teased!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

This question if for MERLIN or anyone else that received their copy of Charlie the Choo Choo from CD....

When i ordered my copy of CtCC directly from Amazon, i received two copies of the anomoly Faux UK edition with sticker... when CD sent you your copy early for Xmas presents did you get the anomoly edition or the regular copy?

Thanks! Glen

This question if for MERLIN or anyone else that received their copy of Charlie the Choo Choo from CD....

When i ordered my copy of CtCC directly from Amazon, i received two copies of the anomoly Faux UK edition with sticker... when CD sent you your copy early for Xmas presents did you get the anomoly edition or the regular copy?

Thanks! Glen
    I'm talking to a contact at S&S to get the full scoop, hopefully, on those "UK" copies, although I have a pretty good feeling already about what must have happened. Just my gut feeling, though. I'll post what I can when I can. These aren't what I would call "rare" if that helps anyone making a buying decision.

About our copies: we received a partial shipment from S&S earlier this month, and there WERE stickered "UK" copies in the mix. Those have all gone out the door as regular copies. We wouldn't mark them up because they didn't cost us anything extra.

We've been nagging S&S about the REST of our shipment for three weeks now, and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Weirdly enough, I can see this particular warehouse from the highway on my way to WORK. I could have rented a U-Haul and picked the books up if had known it would take this long!

Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Thanks! Glen
    I'm talking to a contact at S&S to get the full scoop, hopefully, on those "UK" copies, although I have a pretty good feeling already about what must have happened. Just my gut feeling, though. I'll post what I can when I can. These aren't what I would call "rare" if that helps anyone making a buying decision.

About our copies: we received a partial shipment from S&S earlier this month, and there WERE stickered "UK" copies in the mix. Those have all gone out the door as regular copies. We wouldn't mark them up because they didn't cost us anything extra.

We've been nagging S&S about the REST of our shipment for three weeks now, and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Weirdly enough, I can see this particular warehouse from the highway on my way to WORK. I could have rented a U-Haul and picked the books up if had known it would take this long!

Brian

You read my mind. I was wondering if CD was holding onto these anomoly copies to raise $$ i wish i had requested my copies earlier! UUUGGGH. i will take two if you find them in the next shipment!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Thanks! Glen

Brian

You read my mind. I was wondering if CD was holding onto these anomoly copies to raise $$ i wish i had requested my copies earlier! UUUGGGH. i will take two if you find them in the next shipment!

Honestly I think you'll find that in 6 months or so that these stickered copies aren't as rare as they seem to be at the moment.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Meaning that when the cancelled UK edition goes on sale, it will be the stickered US printed (different numberline) done by S&S.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good on you guys for not price gouging the consumer.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Like Dave at Overlook is?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Like Dave at Overlook is?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I can't share complete details of what I've been told, but here's what I can share about this "UK" edition of CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO:

"Both were both printed at the same bindery in the US. There were 6,500 copies impacted by this issue out of the 49,600 printed so far."

I will post this over in the thread for the book, too, in case it proves helpful.

Best,
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 592 of 890 FirstFirst ... 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 ... LastLast