Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 890 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 ... LastLast
Results 14,576 to 14,600 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian and Dan.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Brian for graciously inscribing my copy of Better Weird and also including the proof of the forthcoming Darkness Whispers. Now, to try and talk him out of more things of this nature .

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks to Brian for graciously inscribing my copy of Better Weird and also including the proof of the forthcoming Darkness Whispers. Now, to try and talk him out of more things of this nature .

I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!! Unlike Smith and Connelly. I do not waste my $$ or time on those authors. (even though i love their books).

Speaking of signatures --- Did Tabitha King return signature pages for small world? looking forward to that book!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to that one as well, Glen.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!! Unlike Smith and Connelly. I do not waste my $$ or time on those authors. (even though i love their books).
    That's a very shallow perspective. Since when was it a prerequisite for authors to be masters in calligraphy for their signed books to be collectible?

If you love their work, you should love having a book that they have signed in your collection, regardless of what artistic merit that signature might have.

I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!!
    Ha, I'm glad someone does! I hate my signature... I wish I had a beautiful signature like some of our authors where their signature looks like an artist's handiwork!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    That's a very shallow perspective. Since when was it a prerequisite for authors to be masters in calligraphy for their signed books to be collectible?

If you love their work, you should love having a book that they have signed in your collection, regardless of what artistic merit that signature might have.
    This is strictly my collecting opinion. It appears that Connelly and Smith took no time in signing a book. SK himself stated that he would not continue signing books when his signature becomes illegible. And i take no offense to being called SHALLOW. I have been called worse. I never said they have to be masters in calligraphy, I just want to be able to read the name of whomever signed my book. SE Hinton took the time to sign her name and write a brief comment, same way with King on some of my books.

Just my opinion, but i really would like to be able to read the signature. It is my collection and my rules. AND I love their books, I collect their books, just not signed copies as i do with King. If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.

Speaking of signatures --- Did Tabitha King return signature pages for small world? looking forward to that book!
    Good news on the SMALL WORLD front... the books will be DONE at the printer in mid-November!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Ha, I'm glad someone does! I hate my signature... I wish I had a beautiful signature like some of our authors where their signature looks like an artist's handiwork!
    Your sig is way better than some. I collect BJF signed books!

My Mood
    Asleep

Good news on the SMALL WORLD front... the books will be DONE at the printer in mid-November!
    Awesome NEWS!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I can see both points of views on the subject. But, when it's personally inscribed to you, it's more about the author taking the time to do it. Especially when it's not at a signing event or prearranged.

Your sig is way better than some. I collect BJF signed books!
    Ditto!

That is awesome news!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is strictly my collecting opinion. It appears that Connelly and Smith took no time in signing a book. SK himself stated that he would not continue signing books when his signature becomes illegible. And i take no offense to being called SHALLOW. I have been called worse. I never said they have to be masters in calligraphy, I just want to be able to read the name of whomever signed my book. SE Hinton took the time to sign her name and write a brief comment, same way with King on some of my books.

Just my opinion, but i really would like to be able to read the signature. It is my collection and my rules. AND I love their books, I collect their books, just not signed copies as i do with King. If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.
    The images below are surviving examples of William Shakespeare's signature. Awful penmanship, but each one has a current value of 5 million US dollars. It is estimated that if any of these signatures were affixed to a play written in his own hand, they would be worth ten times as much.

http://most-expensive.com/autograph

The collectible value of any signature, is certainly not in the aesthetics, but rather the significance of the signature itself.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

some of those look like he used a Sharpie Quill©.

I for one always avoid Bill's Sharpie signatures.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Robert McCammon always seems to use sharpies... not a big fan....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The images below are surviving examples of William Shakespeare's signature. Awful penmanship, but each one has a current value of 5 million US dollars. It is estimated that if any of these signatures were affixed to a play written in his own hand, they would be worth ten times as much.

http://most-expensive.com/autograph

The collectible value of any signature, is certainly not in the aesthetics, but rather the significance of the signature itself.

VERY interesting Tim. Thanks for the post man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I really wish I could give you rep for that. made me spit my coffee out.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I really wish I could give you rep for that. made me spit my coffee out.
    Positive rep sent to him on both of our behalfs!!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone remind me what grab bag or collectors club was Better Weird a part of?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Can someone remind me what grab bag or collectors club was Better Weird a part of?
    It was part of CDCC 6.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It was part of CDCC 6.
    You are correct. If you got it as part of CDCC 6 it should have also come with a magnet.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also got the magnet, just couldn't remember which of the many clubs this came from

Thanks, T-Dogz and Dan

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Robert McCammon always seems to use sharpies... not a big fan....
    I actually really like McCammon's signature, very stylistic and legible. Also dig Rick Hautala's sig.

That said I do agree with Tim, it's not so much how the sig. looks, but who is signing, for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Brian (BJF), do you receive me PM?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received the new CD Magazine double issue yesterday, and it is beautiful. I just love the artwork on the cover!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 890 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 ... LastLast