Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 891 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 22252

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have to think that there has to be at least half the run of 500 books available from customers asking for refunds. If this book ever gets released I have a feeling it's go back up on the web site stating something like "hey we found these extra books in the warehouse" and the new price will be $400.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone here order this "No Risk Collector's Pack" in Jan '09?

The link in the email no longer goes anywhere other than the CD homepage.

A BRAND NEW "No Risk" COLLECTOR'S PACK!
    You Cannot Miss With This Special Offer!
    Slipcased Limited Edition, Stephen King, Brian Keene, Rare Review Copies, and More!
    Today we're offering our customers another chance to grab a great new "No Risk" Collector's Pack while supplies last!
    This heavily discounted special offer includes amazing forthcoming Cemetery Dance collectible books, plus some incredible collectible items that will NEVER be sold or offered to the general public. Stephen King and Brian Keene fans take note because you won't want to miss the titles we're including in this deal!
    With this special offer you'll receive:
    * an unannounced forthcoming signed and SLIPCASED Limited Edition of our choice with a retail value of at least $75 -- and because we haven't announced this book, you CANNOT have already ordered it, so there's NO RISK!
    * an unannounced forthcoming trade cloth hardcover featuring contributions from Stephen King, Robert R. McCammon, Robert Bloch, Ray Bradbury, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles L. Grant, William F. Nolan, James Herbert, Richard Matheson, and many others -- and again, because we haven't announced this book, you CANNOT have already ordered it!
    * TWO surprise special advanced review copies: one by a Living Legend of the horror genre (we won't name him here so it can remain a surprise, but you've read his work and seen his movies for decades now) and the other from one of the most collectible young authors in the genre, Brian Keene! These books have been announced, but these special ARCs will be a great addition to ANY collector's library, even if you're getting the much sought-after signed editions, too. (Review copies are special trade paperback editions of books that are printed months before publication and usually have the lowest print run of ANY edition of the book -- often less than 20 copies -- and they're never sold and rarely offered to the public!)
    SPECIAL BONUS ITEM IF YOU ORDER TODAY!
    Every customer who orders this "No Risk" Collector's Pack will also be given a $50 Coupon Code that you can use for almost anything in our online store!
    Since we're selling these Collector's Packs for just $99 and you get $50 in store credit as part of the deal, it's really like you're only paying $49 for all of these great, collectible books: a signed & slipcased Limited Edition, a trade hardcover featuring the biggest names in the genre, and two special review copies from the most collectible authors we publish!
    If you've never purchased one of these special offers before, you're in for an amazing treat with this one! We always hear back from customers who are extremely pleased that they took a chance on this random assortment of books, etc -- it's a fantastic way to build your collection!
    Whether you have an established collection or you're just starting out, this is an offer you can't afford to miss! Don't wait to place your order because these are going to sell very quickly!
    But remember -- with this deal there's ZERO RISK for you, the collector, even if you already own everything we've published!
    We're only going to sell a limited number of these and they won't last long -- place your order ASAP so you don't miss out!
    Click here to read more or to place your order while supplies last!
    Limit of ONE grab bag per household. Multiple Collector's Packs will have the exact same items. An $16 shipping charge applies to US addresses for the books as these items will be sent in four separate shipments; non-US will be charged based on their location. As always, because of the extremely large discount involved, we cannot accept any returns, cancel any orders, or issue refunds on this special. For the same reason, we cannot accept gift certificates, savings certificates, store credit, coupon codes, or coupon offers. This offer cannot be combined with any other deal or discount.
    I received one of the ARCs in January '09, and used the $50 coupon, but never received any of the other items.

Anyone else order this?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the No Risk Grab Bag and have received the same as you.
    I decided to go through my emails with CD to see what I'm missing from other orders.
    I do believe I'll be canceling a few.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

In case you are wondering why there are only positive comments on Cemetery Dance's Blockade Billy shipping page: Each comment must be approved by CD before it's shown on the page. I wrote a not so favorable comment, and it was not approved.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkday View Post
    In case you are wondering why there are only positive comments on Cemetery Dance's Blockade Billy shipping page: Each comment must be approved by CD before it's shown on the page. I wrote a not so favorable comment, and it was not approved.
    Share it here then.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

My comment was:
    "To see that Cemetery Dance can work fast if they only want to makes the huge delays for all their other books even more frustrating."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted a compliment but I never checked to see if it went through. I received my book a couple days ago and it appears to be everything that CD promised, including timeliness. I have my beef with CD over the continual delays on other books, but I'll give them credit where due.

(I did not mention that the guy on the baseball card photo should have had a haircut first.)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did post a positive response as well because they did come through on BB as planned. They do deserve a thumbs up on it.

I just hope that it gives them the boost they needed to get them back on track with their other obligations.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I just hope that it gives them the boost they needed to get them back on track with their other obligations.
    Man, ain't that the truth!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, as much as we like to complain about CD, hopefully Blockade billy gets CD the money to get out SODII, the lettereds and everything else backlogged.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Did anyone here order this "No Risk Collector's Pack" in Jan '09?

The link in the email no longer goes anywhere other than the CD homepage.

A BRAND NEW "No Risk" COLLECTOR'S PACK!
    You Cannot Miss With This Special Offer!
    Slipcased Limited Edition, Stephen King, Brian Keene, Rare Review Copies, and More!
    Today we're offering our customers another chance to grab a great new "No Risk" Collector's Pack while supplies last!
    This heavily discounted special offer includes amazing forthcoming Cemetery Dance collectible books, plus some incredible collectible items that will NEVER be sold or offered to the general public. Stephen King and Brian Keene fans take note because you won't want to miss the titles we're including in this deal!
    With this special offer you'll receive:
    * an unannounced forthcoming signed and SLIPCASED Limited Edition of our choice with a retail value of at least $75 -- and because we haven't announced this book, you CANNOT have already ordered it, so there's NO RISK!
    * an unannounced forthcoming trade cloth hardcover featuring contributions from Stephen King, Robert R. McCammon, Robert Bloch, Ray Bradbury, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles L. Grant, William F. Nolan, James Herbert, Richard Matheson, and many others -- and again, because we haven't announced this book, you CANNOT have already ordered it!
    * TWO surprise special advanced review copies: one by a Living Legend of the horror genre (we won't name him here so it can remain a surprise, but you've read his work and seen his movies for decades now) and the other from one of the most collectible young authors in the genre, Brian Keene! These books have been announced, but these special ARCs will be a great addition to ANY collector's library, even if you're getting the much sought-after signed editions, too. (Review copies are special trade paperback editions of books that are printed months before publication and usually have the lowest print run of ANY edition of the book -- often less than 20 copies -- and they're never sold and rarely offered to the public!)
    SPECIAL BONUS ITEM IF YOU ORDER TODAY!
    Every customer who orders this "No Risk" Collector's Pack will also be given a $50 Coupon Code that you can use for almost anything in our online store!
    Since we're selling these Collector's Packs for just $99 and you get $50 in store credit as part of the deal, it's really like you're only paying $49 for all of these great, collectible books: a signed & slipcased Limited Edition, a trade hardcover featuring the biggest names in the genre, and two special review copies from the most collectible authors we publish!
    If you've never purchased one of these special offers before, you're in for an amazing treat with this one! We always hear back from customers who are extremely pleased that they took a chance on this random assortment of books, etc -- it's a fantastic way to build your collection!
    Whether you have an established collection or you're just starting out, this is an offer you can't afford to miss! Don't wait to place your order because these are going to sell very quickly!
    But remember -- with this deal there's ZERO RISK for you, the collector, even if you already own everything we've published!
    We're only going to sell a limited number of these and they won't last long -- place your order ASAP so you don't miss out!
    Click here to read more or to place your order while supplies last!
    Limit of ONE grab bag per household. Multiple Collector's Packs will have the exact same items. An $16 shipping charge applies to US addresses for the books as these items will be sent in four separate shipments; non-US will be charged based on their location. As always, because of the extremely large discount involved, we cannot accept any returns, cancel any orders, or issue refunds on this special. For the same reason, we cannot accept gift certificates, savings certificates, store credit, coupon codes, or coupon offers. This offer cannot be combined with any other deal or discount.
    I received one of the ARCs in January '09, and used the $50 coupon, but never received any of the other items.

Anyone else order this?
    Just received confirmation from Mindy that the 2nd ARC will be THE CAGE by Brian Keene.

The two limited edition books are DARK MASQUES and PAINTED DARKNESS.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody see this yet? Stephen King's baseball card, the one he'll sign for Lonely Road's deluxe Blockade Billy.

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/image...seballcard.jpg

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

this is what he will be signing? will there be a limitation number on the card?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my Blockade Billy yesterday. Nice book, but the $25 price tag for such a tiny book was a bit steep. I am glad that I did not order a slipcase for this.

I went against my better judgement, and ordered the S/L....after I swore that my days of ordering from CD were over.

I'm not sure how much of my money CD now has...at least $1,500...maybe as much as $2,000. Two copies od SOD2, one Big Book of Necon, Legacies, Blockade Billy....probably more.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    this is what he will be signing? will there be a limitation number on the card?

• Limited Edition: just 350 hand-numbered copies printed on a high quality paper stock (different from any other edition) and featuring a fine leather binding, two color printing throughout the book, a color frontispiece by Glen Orbik, eleven interior illustrations by Alex McVey, a sewn-in ribbon page marker, a custom deluxe traycase with pullout ribbon, an illustrated signature sheet signed by the artists, and Stephen King's first-ever baseball card, SIGNED by King as his way of signing this special edition. Also includes a copy of the authentic William "Blockade Billy" Blakely baseball card Cemetery Dance printed for their 1st edition hardcover

Anybody know if the card will be mounted to the book or will it be loose?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have heard that the card will be mounted in the book ala The Regulators S/L. My information is third hand though, so bear that in mind.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I got my Blockade Billy yesterday. Nice book, but the $25 price tag for such a tiny book was a bit steep. I am glad that I did not order a slipcase for this.

I went against my better judgement, and ordered the S/L....after I swore that my days of ordering from CD were over.

I'm not sure how much of my money CD now has...at least $1,500...maybe as much as $2,000. Two copies od SOD2, one Big Book of Necon, Legacies, Blockade Billy....probably more.
    Gah! This is how they get ya...but, this S/L you'll actually get pretty soon, so there's that...I doubt it will have any legs in the secondary market, but the limitation is low enough that it shouldn't lose any value either...such a trifle of a book, though....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also think the Blockade Billy s/l should at least keep its value. I don't see any big upside, though.

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I also think the Blockade Billy s/l should at least keep its value. I don't see any big upside, though.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    but, this S/L you'll actually get pretty soon, so there's that...I doubt it will have any legs in the secondary market, but the limitation is low enough that it shouldn't lose any value either...such a trifle of a book, though....
    As I am not planning on re-selling my King limiteds any time soon (if ever), I honestly don't care too much about books losing their value. I buy my limiteds because they generally are labours of love, with excellent production values. If they keep their value, fine. if they go up in price, great. if not, well, the books will stay on my bookshelves regardless, so I'm not losing any sleep over this.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    but, this S/L you'll actually get pretty soon, so there's that...I doubt it will have any legs in the secondary market, but the limitation is low enough that it shouldn't lose any value either...such a trifle of a book, though....
    As I am not planning on re-selling my King limiteds any time soon (if ever), I honestly don't care too much about books losing their value. I buy my limiteds because they generally are labours of love, with excellent production values. If they keep their value, fine. if they go up in price, great. if not, well, the books will stay on my bookshelves regardless, so I'm not losing any sleep over this.

sk
    Yeah, I hear you...some books I buy just because I want them, but frankly with the s/l at the cost they currently are, I'm not spending the money unless I'm confident they're a decent investment, or at least a 'hold.'

The reality to me is the prices are so high that they don't seem a labor of love anymore...so my interest is tempered by the cold calculus of cost-benefit-analysis...haha...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I digress, but I was thinking... I would rather pay big bucks for a massive S/L book (think Centipede-size) than for a tiny book like Dolan's Cadillac or Blockade Billy. Purely psycho(patho?)logical, I know, but... do others feel the same way?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The reality to me is the prices are so high that they don't seem a labor of love anymore...so my interest is tempered by the cold calculus of cost-benefit-analysis...haha...
    Ain't it the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I digress, but I was thinking... I would rather pay big bucks for a massive S/L book (think Centipede-size) than for a tiny book like Dolan's Cadillac or Blockade Billy. Purely psycho(patho?)logical, I know, but... do others feel the same way?
    Absolutely...it's why I actually like SOD I, even though I'm not a real big of Chadbourne's art...it seems really impressive and well put together, and most importantly a new idea that got a lot of original effort - something like that IS worth the money...not a novella money-grab like Colorado Kid, or BB....Dolan's Cadillac isn't much of a book, but it was also cheap-ish when it was originally published.

Country
    Country Flag

Even the lettered state of Dolan's Cadillac? (I know, I could look it up but I'm lazy right now 8)). That one sells for over $2000 now I think...

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Even the lettered state of Dolan's Cadillac? (I know, I could look it up but I'm lazy right now 8)). That one sells for over $2000 now I think...
    Cheap-ish when it was ORIGINALLY published, I meant...though maybe the lettered was really expensive back in 1990 or whenever, I dunno...

I see what you meant, though...as in, what s/l would one pay big money for now regardless of publication date.

I was only looking at it from the perspective of new s/l editions worth buying upon publication....

I still basically agree, though, if I was going to spend an equal amount of money, I'd def. rather buy a more elaborate s/l like 'Desperaton' as opposed to 'Dolans.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 891 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 ... LastLast