Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 890 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely one of the seven seals

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got my copy of the Cemetary Dance edition of Blockade Billy a few minutes ago.

John
    What should be the official release date?

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy of Blockade Billy today as well

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Well, this just shows that CD could get a book out on time if they cared enough to get it out.........shows how much they care about their customers.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine yesterday as well. It looks great!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    Well, this just shows that CD could get a book out on time if they cared enough to get it out.........shows how much they care about their customers.
    All this shows is that Stephen King said "He is a brand new unpublished work that I will give you first crack at to save your failing business. Don't fuck it up"

I got my shipment notification Yesterday. Not sure when the book will actually arrive. I'm only 3 hours from Baltimore by car, so hopefully soon.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my email telling me Blockade Billy was shipping last night. I got the book yesterday afternoon.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got my email telling me Blockade Billy was shipping last night. I got the book yesterday afternoon.

John
    Yeah. Same here. According to the email I received the book shipped on 4/16.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a couple of links interviewing Chizmar about Blockade Billy, shamelessly taken from another forum.

The Baltimore Sun

GQ
    Geoff

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

I wonder if anymore SK signed/limited will be published under CD anymore...probably all go to lonely road...wouldnt that be a pinky up the ass to all the lifetime subs.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my BB today, it's a tiny little thing. Wonder what they are doing to S/L to justify $450
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have heard from a reliable source that King would not let CD announce this book until printing was well underway.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder why.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have heard from a reliable source that King would not let CD announce this book until printing was well underway.
    Vvvvvvvvvvvvery interesting...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Scribner didn't want anything competing with Under the Dome.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Scribner didn't want anything competing with Under the Dome.
    When you can get a 1000+ page megabook for the same price as a 110 page short story, where is the competition?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind there are MANY people who would sooner buy the 110 page story before the megabook. The megabook often intimidates the mere mortals.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Traveler MIKEY is on a distinguished road

Default I've been waiting 12 years!!!!!!

Yep, 12 years for pre-paid limited Legacies. To be fair - CD has offered many time to refurnd my money - really, I just want the book please.

Mikey

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how many people there are still waiting for this book. I know several have given up.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will Scribner's BB book be the same size as CD's BB book?
    If so The Collector could make a slipcase the would hold both books at the same time.
    One slipcase that holds both books that would be pretty cool also.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Overlook Connection has a slipcase for both books. I don't know if you can buy it seperately or not though.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY View Post
    Yep, 12 years for pre-paid limited Legacies. To be fair - CD has offered many time to refurnd my money - really, I just want the book please.

Mikey
    Production Status: This title is with the binder.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/sh/chizmar03.html

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Mikey

I find the following message on top of the same page to be sort of mindboggling:

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    The way I take this is King is very aware of the production delays involved with Cemetery Dance and his titles. As a result of such a important book, he set up guidelines a year or two ago when this deal went down as to the guidelines, or else there was no deal.

I've talked to Brain Keene and Christopher Golden, other authors published by CD and they are very aware of the delays involved when publishing with CD. It is a cause of frustration, but it is also a "sale' for them and they are not like King, they need to make sales to make money for them and their family.

The point is I guess is in my opinion it would seem very unlikely that King wasn't fully aware of the delays when it comes to CD. A statement like the quote seems to cement my thinking on this topic.
    Geoff

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Mikey

I find the following message on top of the same page to be sort of mindboggling:

And a bit further down:

Production Status:

This title is with the binder.
    sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 890 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast