Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 890 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast
Results 13,376 to 13,400 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where's Siep when ya need him, lol. He asked a 1000 and 1 questions on this very subject awhile back over on the CD forum. Don't remember him saying anything about the shipping deal though. I do know it's all electronic and I believe the balance info is kept under your account tab.

P.S. Just razzin' ya, Siep if you should read this . Nothing but love for ya, buddy

Edit: You should also think about joining the CDCC later this year if it's offered. They offer a helluva deal on GCs once a year for club members.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dude, you're hosed!

Just kidding. Most likely Mindy will send you an email on Monday. Apparently, the workers at CD have families and lives also.
    I believe Betts Books are the last major SK reatiler to offer physical gift certificates.

If you want to donate $100 to our 2016 Fundraiser, I'll send you a physical certificate of appreciation.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I believe Betts Books are the last major SK reatiler to offer physical gift certificates. If you want to donate $100 to our 2016 Fundraiser, I'll send you a physical certificate of appreciation.
    Or be the envy of your friends and neighbors and score an official autographed TDT.org postcard. Signed by our own Jerome Smith and his alter ego, the man himself, Randall Flagg. .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Has anyone ever bought a gift certificate from Cemetery Dance? Do they actually mail you a physical gift card or do they e-mail you a code? I ask because I purchased one on Friday morning and it prompted me to pay for first class shipping on it, which I did, but then in the order confirmation it says that you are supposed to be e-mailed 'certificate redemption information' within 30 minutes, and if you aren't, to respond to the order confirmation e-mail. I didn't realize this until Friday evening and I never received an e-mail with redemption information, so I responded to the order confirmation e-mail, but I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if they're closed on the weekends or something and I just kind of want to know how it normally goes and/or what to expect. I hate not knowing stuff, so any input or advice on the CD gift certificate process would be most appreciated (and will help to quiet my need-to-know OCD ).
    Yep, it should have been emailed to you at nearly the exact same moment as your order confirmation email, but the system is acting weird lately with subscriptions and Gift Certificates -- saying the shipping option isn't right, etc. Mindy might email you back this weekend, but if not, you should hear from her on Monday with your code! She'll just need to look it up manually in the system. Sorry for the wait!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

So, um, sales aren't slowing much for the Slipcased Gift Edition of THE SHINING yet. We might be sending a special Sunday edition of our newsletter tomorrow, just so no one is caught off guard if this edition is gone early in the week.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king11

For historical context, our Slipcased Gift Edition of IT was the exact same number of copies, but that edition was still available to be ordered after the book was published. That clearly will not be the case here.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Brian! I didn't realize that about IT. Get 'em while they're hot folks!

Edit: How far only now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They issue electronic gift certificates. You are supposed to receive the gift certificate code in a separate email shortly after your order confirmation email. It doesn't always work.

If you don't receive the code then protocol is to email Mindy and she will email your gift certificate. They are closed on the weekend. I have emailed Mindy at 5 pm on Friday and received my certificate by 6 pm. So it isn't like they slough off during the work week. I'm sure you will receive your certificate on Monday.

I created a file to keep track of my certificates and open orders. I recommend that every does the same. If the system issues your gift certificate then there might be a record of it on the CD site. If Mindy finds it for you then you must keep track of it. Also if they issue a refund on a purchase that was bought with a certificate they will issue the refund to that certificate and you must keep track of that too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Yep, it should have been emailed to you at nearly the exact same moment as your order confirmation email, but the system is acting weird lately with subscriptions and Gift Certificates -- saying the shipping option isn't right, etc. Mindy might email you back this weekend, but if not, you should hear from her on Monday with your code! She'll just need to look it up manually in the system. Sorry for the wait!

Brian
    Ahhhhh, okay, I get it now. Thanks for letting me know! I'm a general gift certificate novice, I didn't realize it was all electronic now. Damn kids, with your internet and your electronic gift certificates

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dude, you're hosed!

Just kidding. Most likely Mindy will send you an email on Monday. Apparently, the workers at CD have families and lives also.
    Haha, damn families. I was expecting snail mail anyway. It was reading the order confirmation later on and realizing it might be an electronic gift certificate that threw me for a loop.
    You should receive an email with a gift certificate code as soon as you finalize the order. They seem to have a glitch that causes the code to, in some cases, get generated but not always emailed. I have had it happen to me and Mindy sends the code as soon as she gets the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Edit: How far only now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?
    A little more than 2600 of the Gift Edition of THE SHINING have already sold.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or be the envy of your friends and neighbors and score an official autographed TDT.org postcard. Signed by our own Jerome Smith and his alter ego, the man himself, Randall Flagg. .
    Those are extremely rare. In fact fewer than 5 are known to exist.

Country
    Country Flag

Edit: How far out now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Those are extremely rare. In fact fewer than 5 are known to exist.
    Might be a run on acquiring these soon after this post.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Brian
    I have no restraint or self control. Never have. I just ordered another one.

Along the Path of the Beam Pieter will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Will The Shining be available to order at PS Publishing?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Brian
    I have no restraint or self control. Never have. I just ordered another one.
    I know the feeling! Just picked up the GE so I have a copy I don't feel bad about reading.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    Yep, Pete will be getting the same counts as he did for 'Salem's Lot.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Fantastic! With the savings on the shippingcosts ($64,39 for the USA and £6.99 from the UK) I can almost buy another great book!

Any idea when the order page will be online at PS?

Brian
    Fantastic! With the savings on the shippingcosts ($64,39 for the USA and £6.99 from the UK) I can almost buy another great book!

Not sure! That's definitely a Pete question.

Brian

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Brian

There is a PS Publishing thread I follow on this site. Pete does follow it and answers questions there. He might be able to answer that for you or perhaps some of the guys on there. Personally I do not know, just giving you another option. You could also go to PS Publishing website, book mark it, and sign up for their emails. They send out a news letter that is quite informative every Friday. Good luck!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the information

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW. I've always had better lucky getting ahold of Nicky vs. Pete. nickycrowther@pspublishing.co.uk. She's probably the UK version of Mindy . Plus she's married to the dude.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW. I've always had better lucky getting ahold of Nicky vs. Pete. nickycrowther@pspublishing.co.uk. She's probably the UK version of Mindy . Plus she's married to the dude.
    ..and therefore must have infinite patience...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Been reading through this entire thread (yes, from the beginning). I'm not quite to the end yet, but I have some comments:

Dear Cemetery Dance:
    A) You are doing God's work; bless you, my children.
    B) Please continue to make your books as lavish as you can, and feel free to create (for example) a case with oak double doors with hinges and knobs of brass (for those who don't value the full range of bookporn such as cases, ribbons, silk, foil, cotton, marbled endsheets, etc., there are always paperbacks and Kindle).
    C) Please continue to make your books as expensive as you want - in a low-production number business, you have to grab revenues where they exist in order to survive, let alone thrive - and while I can't come close to being able to afford everything, I quite like the fact that those of my fellow bibliohounds (bless them too) who can afford them will pour the necessary funds into your operation, and those books I can't afford are making my world a better place from a distance (I have no lettered It, but I have pictures of it!).
    D) Keep up the great work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 890 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast