Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 890 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,325 of 22247

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Cemetery Dance Publications is thrilled to announce our special edition of The Shining by Stephen King, featuring his long lost prologue "Before the Play" restored at the beginning of the novel for the first time anywhere in the world:
    Brian
    How many Don Maitz illustrations will there be?
    8, I believe.

Brian
    6 Interiors and 2 Covers....

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Cemetery Dance Publications is thrilled to announce our special edition of The Shining by Stephen King, featuring his long lost prologue "Before the Play" restored at the beginning of the novel for the first time anywhere in the world:
    Brian
    How many Don Maitz illustrations will there be?
    8, I believe.

Brian
    6 Interiors and 2 Covers....
    Right! And how many of those do you own now?

Also, like with the previous books, we will use the cover artwork inside the book as well -- so that all copies have ALL of the artwork.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not enough Mr. Freeman!

Don has only 3 of the original pieces left for sale (as of a few months back).

See Don's thread for pics of the 4 that have been acquired. As mentioned, Steve owns the Gift Edition Cover Art of the Hotel which accounts for the 5th one that has been claimed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's so tempting now that I have the CD CARRIE. But I already have subterranean press's version and I "dont" collect english versions nor limited editions...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I notice that the Lettered edition is already sold out. Glad I preordered this several months back when I had the chance. Looks like the general public never got an opportunity to buy it, am I correct?
    You must be.
    When I received the CDCC6 notice yesterday, the lettered was already gone.
    I guess they were all spoken for, just like the lettered PS Kingbookj.

sk
    I'm guessing it's probably ok to say this now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak. I'm betting the lettereds were first offered to the folks who started with Carrie, etc. Then any remaining were probably snatched up by CDCC members when the early bird announcement was made back in December. I ordered my AE on December 3 according to the telltale purchase confirmation.
    Well, I'm a CDCC member and I never saw the limited.
    Could be I just missed them.

sk
    Oh Crap! After reviewing I don't think I do have the Shining Lettered pre-ordered. I was able to preorder the remaining Lettereds because I had ordered the Shinning, but I don't see that in my order list. So I must have gotten that special offer by mistake. Looks like I will have to buy it on the second hand market.

And I was hopping to match letters too. (Letter Y).

Crap! Crap! Crap!

Oh well, and least I noticed my mistake in time to preorder the gift and artist editions.
    Look back in June. I ordered The Shining 6/17/15 you might have got it.

YAAAAAYYYYY, ok, for some reason it doesn't show up in my order page on CD's web site, but I checked my emails (thankfully I delete very little), and found the confirmation email for the order.

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold)

You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Went with the GE. The wife is willing to indulge me, but I know better than to push my luck!
    Besides, with 4 Joe Hill events in my neck of the woods in the next month or so, I need to make sure I have a little on-hand cash. Those kazoo's may be pricey!!!
    Lucky you on all the Hill events.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    If CD ever do a King signed limited of either Needful Things or Different Seasons, I'll go for the LETTERED edition.... Guaranteed!!!
    I can't run with you big dogs on the lettereds. And yes, Tim, pun totally intended . But I'd be all over an AE of both.

I asked if we could include the text as a bonus feature in the book. I emphasized that we didn't mean to restore it at the beginning of the book because I assumed that would definitely be a "no." The reply I received was, "Sure, and why don't you put it back at the beginning where it belongs?" I agreed that was a fine idea. Brian
    A true bonus indeed! Just goes to show, never hurts to ask I reckon .

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hi Brian,

Will there be an opportunity to purchase Don Maitz and Glenn Chadbourne remarques for The Shining?

Yes, they are working on the sheets this month! We'll offer the upgrade offer before the book goes to the printer in June. Thanks for asking!Brian
    Hopefully I can get in on this. Missed out on the first two.

YAAAAAYYYYY, ok, for some reason it doesn't show up in my order page on CD's web site, but I checked my emails (thankfully I delete very little), and found the confirmation email for the order.

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold) You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92
    Good deal, Mike. I'm telling ya. Got to keep all the preorders in their own little folders .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Mindy helped me out with an order that isn't in my past order details on CD but I kept the email from September 24th lol. I hate clutter so the itch to delete it has been great. She is a real lifesaver. It was for one of the PS limited editions. I'll have to watch for when PS ships them to remind her about it. It should be fine though.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold)

You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92
    No problem. It took me a while to find it since there order page on the site shows orders oldest to newest. So the top of the list for me is 2014 and couldn't figure out why I was seeing books I dont remember

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

if you don't order through the site it won't be in your order list, they have no way of including it when they process the order for you manually. I have had several orders like that and they have all come through just fine when they were supposed to, but I agree that when you forget that you did it through Mindy it can catch you off guard when it isn't in your order history and you have that moment of panic that you thought you ordered it and now it is sold out

The Shining is selling very quickly: The Lettered Artist Edition is already sold out, the Numbered Artist Edition is now 90% sold out, and the Slipcased Gift Edition is already 75% sold out. This is WAY ahead of 'SALEM'S LOT.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king11

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shining is selling very quickly: The Lettered Artist Edition is already sold out, the Numbered Artist Edition is now 90% sold out, and the Slipcased Gift Edition is already 75% sold out. This is WAY ahead of 'SALEM'S LOT.

Brian
    WOW. That is really fast...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Brian
    WOW. That is really fast...
    I figure the Gift Edition will slow down here today, but the AE will be gone by the time we get ready to leave the office for sure.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know, when the Doubledays were announced, I decided I was not going to buy them and focus my collecting elsewhere. And yet somehow, I have Carrie and 'Salem's Lot on my shelf, and I just ordered The Shining. Interesting how that happens...

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Awesome! Congrats guys and gals!!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I agree that I'm pumped this is heading to the printer so soon and I have to get greedy also and state that I can't wait to hear more about Night Shift. I'm really excited to see Mark's artwork. Also looking forward to finding out who the mystery artist is for the last book.

Brian, Do you guys plan on keeping the gift editions at 3000 copies for the rest of the books in the series or will that change based on how well Salem's Lot sold and how well The Shining will sell?
    The print runs will remain the same for all of the books.

I'm really excited about the interior artwork for NIGHT SHIFT. Illustrations for every story by an artist who really "gets" the mood of the book. His sketches have been nicer than some of the finished artwork I've seen people turn in. Here's a sample and please remember it is just an early sketch:

Brian
    I know it's all about The Shining right now, as well it should be, and I can't wait for it! I'm excited to see what SK writes in his intro, hopefully some Before the Play tidbits.
    Personally though, THIS is the book I'm most excited for. I absolutely love Night Shift and seeing this teaser has me in even more of a tizzy. I'm psyched that this book is getting shown the love that it deserves and I know it's going to be a fantastic edition.
    The first three in the series I bought the GE's, the last three will be all AE's for me!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet Stand sells out fastest... my guess anyways
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    You know, when the Doubledays were announced, I decided I was not going to buy them and focus my collecting elsewhere. And yet somehow, I have Carrie and 'Salem's Lot on my shelf, and I just ordered The Shining. Interesting how that happens...
    I hope you dig how the set looks on your bookshelf if you end up with all of them! We're trying to create a great set of books. Our goal isn't to "top" previous Limited Editions, as I've noted, but we're hoping this will be a real fun and special set of books when all is said and done.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I hope you dig how the set looks on your bookshelf if you end up with all of them! We're trying to create a great set of books. Our goal isn't to "top" previous Limited Editions, as I've noted, but we're hoping this will be a real fun and special set of books when all is said and done.

Brian
    Wish our main man RF had a "like" or "love" button installed... Cause I would give you both
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I know it's all about The Shining right now, as well it should be, and I can't wait for it! I'm excited to see what SK writes in his intro, hopefully some Before the Play tidbits.
    Personally though, THIS is the book I'm most excited for. I absolutely love Night Shift and seeing this teaser has me in even more of a tizzy. I'm psyched that this book is getting shown the love that it deserves and I know it's going to be a fantastic edition.
    The first three in the series I bought the GE's, the last three will be all AE's for me!
    I am SO in love with the artwork for Night Shift and all I have are "sketches" like the one above. I cannot wait until the book is deep in production and I can really start showing off some finished art.

Brian

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am SO in love with the artwork for Night Shift and all I have are "sketches" like the one above. I cannot wait until the book is deep in production and I can really start showing off some finished art.

Brian
    I'm looking forward to Night Shift more than any of the others. Those stories were some of the most visceral and frightening things that I had the pleasure of reading in my childhood. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they are interpreted into the artwork, and the above sketch is already a fantastic start!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Have all the Deluxe artist copies of Salems Lot shipped?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

Brian
    I'm looking forward to Night Shift more than any of the others. Those stories were some of the most visceral and frightening things that I had the pleasure of reading in my childhood. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they are interpreted into the artwork, and the above sketch is already a fantastic start!
    +1, except I can't until I "spread some reputation around" (which just sounds wrong unto itself. lol) This is a big childhood favorite for me as well so it has total sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Have all the Deluxe artist copies of Salems Lot shipped?
    No, we're still waiting on the traycases, which are now three weeks late arriving. This is the first time this vendor has ever been so late for us, and it's causing a big headache in the warehouse because it's a lot of very big books to store! We should have the first batch of traycases next week, though, and will begin shipping ASAP. Sorry about the wait!

Brian

+1, except I can't until I "spread some reputation around" (which just sounds wrong unto itself. lol) This is a big childhood favorite for me as well so it has total sentimental value.
    I click the Rep button on your behalf since I apparently have been spreading it around... ha!

Brian

I'll see if i can post another sketch from Night Shift if there's interest in seeing more. The book enters the design phase next month, so there's still a lot to do before publication, but I think it's going to be beautiful.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 890 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 ... LastLast