Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 890 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now, I ordered my edition plus the slipcase and asked both items to be shipped together. Is this wise, as the slipcase could take a while, I guess??

sk

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default cost to "publish" a book?

How much does it cost to publish a book?

Take Blockade Billy...doesn't seem like it would be that much more to publish a full blown novel (obviously stronger binding, etc.. for something like Under the Dome).

What do you think it actually costs to put out a copy of Blockade Billy? Normally there would be more advertising I guess as a cost, but you don't really need that with Stephen King as the advertising kind of comes to you it seems.

Just curious if it's only like $1 or if it's like $24.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Despite all the BB talk, this is still the CD discussion thread, so....

Looking for cheap copies of:

"The Long Last Call" - John Skipp
    "The Machinery of Night" - Douglass Clegg
    "Infernal Angel" - Edward Lee

ARCs or HCs, both are good. PM me with prices if you have them to sell!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post

Take Blockade Billy...doesn't seem like it would be that much more to publish a full blown novel (obviously stronger binding, etc.. for something like Under the Dome).

What do you think it actually costs to put out a copy of Blockade Billy? Normally there would be more advertising I guess as a cost, but you don't really need that with Stephen King as the advertising kind of comes to you it seems.

It's much more than $1. King's cut is probably more than $10 a book.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    On a side note, I finally figured out what was bothering me about the photo on the baseball card:

Does that look at all like a 1957-era haircut to you guys? I think they should have found someone who got a haircut first.

Comparison
    Whoa!! and I thought I was a tough crowd!! LOL Actually a good point, but in retrospect, I think the look, feel and certain "amatuerish" quality of the card kinda plays into the minor league storyline we've, so far, been given. But that's just MHO.

Good point though Patrick, inquiring minds want to know! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy Books: $10.00 ea. x 10,000 copies
    Bubble Wrap Bags: $.10 ea. x 10,000 bags
    Shipping boxes: $.25 ea x 10,000 boxes
    Labor: $7,500.00

Pictures of Cemetery Dance Publications ACTUALLY delivering books to customers: Priceless !!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!! I'm off to do penance for my Bad thoughts for the rest of the day!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Blockade Billy Books: $10.00 ea. x 10,000 copies
    Bubble Wrap Bags: $.10 ea. x 10,000 bags
    Shipping boxes: $.25 ea x 10,000 boxes
    Labor: $7,500.00

Pictures of Cemetery Dance Publications ACTUALLY delivering books to customers: Priceless !!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!! I'm off to do penance for my Bad thoughts for the rest of the day!
    I lol'd

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I think it's probably less in this case, as it seems King was throwing them this book to help out their cash flow issues. Taking a huge cut of profits when he probably sold the rights to Scribner for 10 times what CD would have paid seems counter productive, no?

Either way, I'm willing to bet CD is making at least $10 profit per book. Multiply that by 10,000 copies and thats an injection of $100k. Maybe we will finally see some of the massive backlog of books actually produced.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be nice if they could get some books produced. My problem is that I didn't know what I was getting into with CD when I began ordering from them. i was just going through my emails/orders with CD and I bought into this club and that club. I don't even know what they owe me anymore.
    I'm sure I'll get everything that I paid for, but who knows when

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

I think it's probably less in this case, as it seems King was throwing them this book to help out their cash flow issues. Taking a huge cut of profits when he probably sold the rights to Scribner for 10 times what CD would have paid seems counter productive, no?

Either way, I'm willing to bet CD is making at least $10 profit per book. Multiply that by 10,000 copies and thats an injection of $100k. Maybe we will finally see some of the massive backlog of books actually produced.
    King is nice but not that nice.
    Cd might 'Gross' $10 per book, but that would obviously be before Materials, Packaging. handling, mailing, labor, Worker's Comp insurance etc.
    Their net profit will be (IMO) ~ 10% of gross sales.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

King is nice but not that nice.
    Cd might 'Gross' $10 per book, but that would obviously be before Materials, Packaging. handling, mailing, labor, Worker's Comp insurance etc.
    Their net profit will be (IMO) ~ 10% of gross sales.
    You're absolutely right! King is nice, but not THAT nice. LOL

Speaking from experience in the business world, CD's net will probably fall more in the 15-25% range. Part of the packaging & handling will be covered by the $7 s/h charge, and the labor (which is really the "handling" part, full-timers are already on the clock) would be diffrayed by that charge and if they do it right, it should be a more or less fixed cost and they will more than likely avoid taxes and WC if they hire through a Temp agency or pay cash for the additional "Temp" labor. Yes, the Taxes are built into the Temp rate, but they get the added benefit of recouping it partially as a company write off on their quarterly return. Also, I'm sure alot of the materials (aside from the, no doubt, contract price negotiated with the printer, which would also be partially built into the cost/price) come out of their normal shipping "pot" and were not purchased exclusively for this issuance. Of course, they would have to replenish stock, but that would be solely at their discretion. (since they rarely deliver the big titles that could be a decent chunk of change ) LOL

Oh and don't worry, I have clothespins on my nipples as pennance for my previous "priceless" post!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Lilja's interview :

Lilja: Please tell me what Cemetery Dance has in store for us King fans during 2010.
    Richard Chizmar: The Secretary of Dreams: Volume 2 later this summer... and a couple surprises.
    Lilja: And after that? Any unannounced projects that you can reveal to us?
    Richard Chizmar: Nope! They are surprises!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From Lilja's interview :

Lilja: Please tell me what Cemetery Dance has in store for us King fans during 2010.
    Richard Chizmar: The Secretary of Dreams: Volume 2 later this summer... and a couple surprises.
    SOD III possibly?

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From Lilja's interview :

SOD III possibly?
    MASOCHIST!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy of the Cemetary Dance edition of Blockade Billy a few minutes ago.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait, so you're saying that Cemetery Dance actually delivered a book before the release date??

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

YES!!!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to go re-read Revelations again, I'm almost certain this is one of the signs.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

I have to go re-read Revelations again, I'm almost certain this is one of the signs.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nostradamus called it.

"When the sun is high in the northern sky and the house of books and graves rises early, then the end of times is upon us."

I just never understood it until right now.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bloody hell its a miracle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Has anyone who ordered UTD slipcase from CD ever gotten one yet or heard anything else about them?
    I wonder just how long it will take to get the slipcase for BB?
    It is nice of them to even offer them in the first place for BB.
    Will the Collector make a slipcase for BB? I love the slipcase he did for UTD and it didn't that very long to get it either.
    Hey guys, thanks for thinking of me

I don't like to compete with a publisher's sales, rather I fill in where there's need. Originally I wasn't planning on making one since CD is offering theirs; but a lot of people have been asking me about it.

I think I'll make a little voting link in this months newsletter and put it up on the site at the end of the month. That way if enough people want one I'll look into making one.. but it won't interfere with CD's sales since you can order their case until the 23rd.

Of course if I don't get enough YES votes that means the case won't be made.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy is in my hands

I've been excited about this one.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 890 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast