Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 528 of 890 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 578 628 ... LastLast
Results 13,176 to 13,200 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    While on the subject of Gift Certificates, I have never used only a portion of one. I don't see a place on the site to house gift certificates under your account, or check the balances. Would I be correct in assuming it is up to the customer to keep track of their various GC numbers and balances and the only way to check them is to email Mindy?
    You can check the balance of a Gift Certificate on the "My Account" page when you're logged into the store. Not sure if this link will work for you or not:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/ACLN

But let me know if you can't find it!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    While on the subject of Gift Certificates, I have never used only a portion of one. I don't see a place on the site to house gift certificates under your account, or check the balances. Would I be correct in assuming it is up to the customer to keep track of their various GC numbers and balances and the only way to check them is to email Mindy?
    You can check the balance of a Gift Certificate on the "My Account" page when you're logged into the store. Not sure if this link will work for you or not:

Brian
    That's good to know, Brian! I just kept a post-it on my desk where I subtracted amounts...

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Thanks, it seems so obvious now, not sure how I didn't see that before lol

I made up a whole fancy spreadsheet anyway to keep track of the numbers, balances, what I used them on, etc. Next I think I will create a tab for outstanding orders to track outstanding orders so everything is in one place. I have orders I had forgotten all about.

I have orders I had forgotten all about.
    When that happens to me, I like to think of it as a surprise gift I bought myself when it shows up!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Richard's new essay about Pet Sematary and all of the horrible things Steve makes us think about:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/...chard-chizmar/

Brian

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian - Tried to PM you but your box is full. Any news on City of Mirrors, an idea of a possible ordering date at least? I don't see it mentioned on the website.

Thx -

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Hey Brian - Tried to PM you but your box is full. Any news on City of Mirrors, an idea of a possible ordering date at least? I don't see it mentioned on the website.

Thx -

George
    No word yet on when we'll take preorders. The text is with our designer, and we have cover artwork, and the interior artist is hard at work, though.

Brian

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up, I made some room in my inbox!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my 'Salem's Lot shipping notice -- very excited to see this one!

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thx -

George
    Ooo! Thanks for reminding me of another order to add to my list. The Twelve Lettered...I wonder if that will come out before City of Mirrors preorders start?

Thx -

George
    Ooo! Thanks for reminding me of another order to add to my list. The Twelve Lettered...I wonder if that will come out before City of Mirrors preorders start?
    It should, I think... the case maker has gone radio silent on us again but he was working on that one!

Brian

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, it seems so obvious now, not sure how I didn't see that before lol I made up a whole fancy spreadsheet anyway to keep track of the numbers, balances, what I used them on, etc. Next I think I will create a tab for outstanding orders to track outstanding orders so everything is in one place. I have orders I had forgotten all about.
    CD has their very own email folder in which such things are kept. Current preorder count: 20 and counting I'm sure .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It should, I think... the case maker has gone radio silent on us again but he was working on that one!

Brian
    The more I hear about that guy the stranger a business relationship it sounds like. Seems like he has no deadlines and just works on things as he feels like it lol. He must do good work for damn cheap!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thx -

George

Brian
    Yay! Looking forward to this one.
    One question Brian, I bought an extra remarque for mine by Jill Bauman, will there be a special remarque sheet tipped in or will it be directly on the title page? I was wondering if the book will need to be send to Jill.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got in late in the game on the Lettered, after the Remarque was offered.

Brian, if you end up with too many remarqued copies or anyone has canceled theirs I would be glad to upgrade mine!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

Thx -

George

Brian
    Yay! Looking forward to this one.
    One question Brian, I bought an extra remarque for mine by Jill Bauman, will there be a special remarque sheet tipped in or will it be directly on the title page? I was wondering if the book will need to be send to Jill.
    I believe Jill did them directly in the book. But you won't have to wait for the book to go to her. I believe we had the remarques for the lettered editions done at the same time as for the limited editions.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great. Thanks for the quick reply, Dan.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have orders I had forgotten all about.
    When that happens to me, I like to think of it as a surprise gift I bought myself when it shows up!

Brian
    I'm at the point where I don't allow myself to order anything new until I actually receive what I've ordered previously! I can't wait for my SALEM'S LOT AE to arrive
    so I can get some new books!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Just got my 'Salem's Lot shipping notice -- very excited to see this one!

My book showed up today - damaged

Already emailed Mindy and she has already taken steps to make it right! Gotta love her and CD!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Unbelievable. I even ordered extra large boxes to keep stuff like this from happening. Gotta love the USPS.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that CD packages their books fairly well. I have a hard time recalling ever receiving a damaged book from CD. (I think it might have happened once and they immediately took care of it.) Certainly not one with so much damage.

The stress point on almost every damaged book I've ever received was on a corner. Heavy books are especially prone to corner damage. I like the bubble wrap envelope CD uses but adding a little more bubble wrap would go a long way. Packing peanuts won't prevent a crushed corner. A snugly packed bubble wrapped book won't crush as easily. Also the box, especially a larger box, can be stiffened by adding a cardboard insert.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    My book showed up today - damaged Already emailed Mindy and she has already taken steps to make it right! Gotta love her and CD!
    Just curious. Was the outside of the box severely damaged? That looks like it took quite a hit. My Carrie GE arrived damaged almost in the same exact matter and on the same corner. But the outside of the box was pristine. To this day I wonder if it was shipped damaged or is it possible to take that amount of damage without damaging the box itself
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I told myself I was going to reduce my collection and refocus my efforts on what my goals really are. I'm still telling myself that now as I've taken up CD on their last 3 CDCC announcements. But hey, I saved on shipping cost, right?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, I know what you mean Brian. I was shaking my head as I was hitting that durned Paypal button yet again yesterday. Shaking it while smiling though

Also received my Salem's shipping notice! I have yet to get a damaged book from CD(knock on wood)like above but it's good to know that they take care of things like that if it ever happens!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How does CD (or any publisher) resolve damaged books when the book as an original Remarque tipped in? Do they actually rebind another book?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    My book showed up today - damaged Already emailed Mindy and she has already taken steps to make it right! Gotta love her and CD!
    Just curious. Was the outside of the box severely damaged? That looks like it took quite a hit. My Carrie GE arrived damaged almost in the same exact matter and on the same corner. But the outside of the box was pristine. To this day I wonder if it was shipped damaged or is it possible to take that amount of damage without damaging the box itself

The box only showed normal handling and no hint of what happened to the book. It was packed tightly and the book was still centered in the box. You're probably right about it having been shipped damaged???

.....also must mention this has been the very first time I've received a damaged book from CD----out of dozens of previous orders that ain't bad!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 528 of 890 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 578 628 ... LastLast