Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I also have NO doubt that the lettered edition will never appear...they've screwed themselves on it...they can't publish it before SOD I and II, because everybody who bought that will flip out about it, and if they refunded everybody they couldn't afford to publish the BB lettered edition...
    In theory you are right but don't you think they might get around that since Lonely Road is nominally a different publisher than CD?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Duh...totally forgot that...you're right.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

CD has 10 copies up on eBay for a BIN of $25, $7 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOCKADE-BILLY-b...item230688dcc6

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    CD has 10 copies up on eBay for a BIN of $25, $7 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOCKADE-BILLY-b...item230688dcc6

John

Hmmmmm Guess they ain't selling quite as fast as they would have everyone believe?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

The Wikipedia article on Blockade Billy claims that the Scribner edition will not be illustrated. Is this true? I can't remember reading this in the official announcements.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

10 on eBay out 10,000? It's actually not a bad way to reach a corner of the market that isn't on the email list.

Although I didn't order an S/L, I do think the King-signed baseball card mounted in the book is a very cool idea. (If it were a loose signed card, I would not be impressed.)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkday View Post
    The Wikipedia article on Blockade Billy claims that the Scribner edition will not be illustrated. Is this true? I can't remember reading this in the official announcements.
    I just got an email from Mindy at CD verifying this. No illustrations in the Scribner edition.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well, that's good...so for the effort, the CD edition is a legit seperate edition...the art, plus the dustjacket, and the card...so there's some value in it...

I'm still not buying a copy...

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default slip case?

Oh..found the e-mail. Getting a slipcase for sure for it. Cool!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Well, that's good...so for the effort, the CD edition is a legit seperate edition...the art, plus the dustjacket, and the card...so there's some value in it...

I'm still not buying a copy...
    LOL. I hear ya.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone who ordered UTD slipcase from CD ever gotten one yet or heard anything else about them?
    I wonder just how long it will take to get the slipcase for BB?
    It is nice of them to even offer them in the first place for BB.
    Will the Collector make a slipcase for BB? I love the slipcase he did for UTD and it didn't that very long to get it either.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Has anyone who ordered UTD slipcase from CD ever gotten one yet or heard anything else about them?
    I wonder just how long it will take to get the slipcase for BB?
    It is nice of them to even offer them in the first place for BB.
    Will the Collector make a slipcase for BB? I love the slipcase he did for UTD and it didn't that very long to get it either.
    Thats a great idea about The Colector ... i would much rather buy one off there if they were available!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I got a proof of BLOCKADE BILLY today. It sure is a little thing. Only about 7.5" x 5". 111 pages with not much text per page. I looked at quickly and thought "Oh well......whatever." I'd call it a short story, not a novella, but what it is called isn't important. I hope it is a good story.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got a proof of BLOCKADE BILLY today. It sure is a little thing. Only about 7.5" x 5". 111 pages with not much text per page. I looked at quickly and thought "Oh well......whatever." I'd call it a short story, not a novella, but what it is called isn't important. I hope it is a good story.
    LOL - reading this I see my image of Bob in his vault of a basement with the latest Stephen King novella that NO one has access to. Book in hand, he skims the pages and say's "Oh well... whatever" as he tosses it (with no interest) on the pile of other King books and goes upstairs in disgust.

Made me smile!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bob. If you buy another thing, something's got to give...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so where are you all getting these proofs !!!! I have checked ebay and any other source i could think every day and have found nothing !!!!!! LOL

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Bob. If you buy another thing, something's got to give...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

That is disappointing to hear. I was expecting something a bit larger. Based on your interior desription BB sounds more like a 50-page normal size format short story. Not worth $32 to me.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

That is disappointing to hear. I was expecting something a bit larger. Based on your interior desription BB sounds more like a 50-page normal size format short story. Not worth $32 to me.
    And for $450 a 111 page story with a signed baseball card. Meh.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

And for $450 a 111 page story with a signed baseball card. Meh.
    That's the killer $450 for such a small book.

But I have no problem with $25 plus shipping for a 111 page book. It'll have illustrations, bound cloth boards and sewn binding. That right there is easily worth the price over the Scribner's edition. In fact because it's sewn binding that alone makes it more worthwhile than a trade hardcover any day of the week. To me at least, as I like my books to last, so I'll pay the extra money.

Plus I bought the slipcase, why not? It'll look a lot cooler on the shelf.

I'll be a happy camper (when they arrive, lol), and have no qualms about buying a CD edition over Scribners. I would have done the same thing if Scribner announced their book first.
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course it is written "First edition", but have you seen at the bottom of the backcover : "May 2010"
    I guess that the release date have been changed since the ARC were at the printer...

I cant wait to read the story though..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Cool! Thanks for sharing that link, Bev.

As I've invested only $25 (I don't include shipping), I am excited to receive this book on a timely basis and read the new story.

On a side note, I finally figured out what was bothering me about the photo on the baseball card:

Does that look at all like a 1957-era haircut to you guys? I think they should have found someone who got a haircut first.

Comparison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast