Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 889 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    cause we are geeks!
    and we all need to get a life!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**does the geek dance with his fellow crazy people**

The goal of obtaining matching numbers adds another level of difficulty to the game, and collectors love a good challenge.
    I think this is pretty much the answer
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    And it’s just cool to have. Like Cemetery Dance’s Novella Series. I’m collecting those, and I have about 3 to go, all different numbers. But I would be thrilled if they were all matching numbers, which would just be so cool, in my opinion.
    That's why I do it...I have 17 books with the same # and that's what I'm trying to collect now...I could have a complete set of limiteds tomorrow if I wanted, but what would be the point? I'm only getting s/l's with my number, or not at all...

Having said that - I mean what would be the point FOR ME. Most people don't care about matching #'s of even the DT series, much less as nuts as I am!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That's why I do it...I have 17 books with the same # and that's what I'm trying to collect now...I could have a complete set of limiteds tomorrow if I wanted, but what would be the point? I'm only getting s/l's with my number, or not at all...

Having said that - I mean what would be the point FOR ME. Most people don't care about matching #'s of even the DT series, much less as nuts as I am!
    OK Rahfa takes the cake for the craziest collector here.
    Geoff

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Craziest of the Stephen King collectors??

Now that's saying something.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

But we still love you, Nathan!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh okay. I'm a collector and everything, but (IMO) matching numbers is a rid ridiculous.

You guys need some therapy...my treat.
    It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match. But I do not pay extra money buying older books with matching numbers, because I can get them cheaper if they are not.

And it’s just cool to have. Like Cemetery Dance’s Novella Series. I’m collecting those, and I have about 3 to go, all different numbers. But I would be thrilled if they were all matching numbers, which would just be so cool, in my opinion.

the one great thing about having lifetime memberships with the publisher's - like i do with CD- is that all the #'d limiteds you get from them have the same number. i have every limited they've published in the past 6-7 years... that's a lot of # 43's

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I have #43 of the New. Lt. Rap...I have it posted for some absurd price on abebooks, but keep it in mind if it's ever a book you want to add...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I have #43 of the New. Lt. Rap...I have it posted for some absurd price on abebooks, but keep it in mind if it's ever a book you want to add...
    i'm not into the absurd prices ha ha... but now that you've planted the seed, it's going to be hard to forget you have it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I too am one of those "specific number collectors". I have about a dozen books with the same number, and whenever possible, I request that number when a new S/L comes out.

I have been lucky that several books with "my number" have shown up on ebay including DT1, DT3, Desperation, Insomnia, Cycle of the Werewolf and Cujo. I had to pass on the Insomnia and the Cycle because the asking prices were just too high...but I am kicking myself now about the Insomnia.

I was able to buy DT4-DT7, Salem's Lot, Quietly Now, SodV1 and SoDV2, and BlackHouse directly from the publishers. Hopefully my copy of Legacies and He is Legend will also have my number.

The three that I would really like to add to my collection are the DT2, From a Buick 8, and Insomnia with my matching #.

But that is the fun of it...if they were all available for sale right now, then the "game" would be over. And then what would I do?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*runs off to check if I have #43 of anything*

Damn.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match.
    While I agree that having matching numbers on a Dark Tower set increases the value of that set, I don't think having matching numbers on other S/Ls increases their value.

If I list a S/L Cujo and a S/L Firestarter on ebay at the same time....both with the same number, I doubt that these would fetch any sort of premium because the numbers match. The exception to that statement is if you happen to find a buyer out there who is looking for that specific number.

Which is why some collectors are cautious about announcing "their number". Case in point. I ended up paying about $1000 for my DT3 (about 25% extra at the time) because the seller knew I wanted it (I had posted that I was seeking it on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page). The seller had me over a barrel and he knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match.
    While I agree that having matching numbers on a Dark Tower set increases the value of that set, I don't think having matching numbers on other S/Ls increases their value.

If I list a S/L Cujo and a S/L Firestarter on ebay at the same time....both with the same number, I doubt that these would fetch any sort of premium because the numbers match. The exception to that statement is if you happen to find a buyer out there who is looking for that specific number.

Which is why some collectors are cautious about announcing "their number". Case in point. I Ended up paying about $1000 for my DT3 (about 25% extra at the time) because the seller knew I wanted it (I had posted that I was seeking it on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page). The seller had me over a barrel and he knew it.
    I agree with all of that....I try to keep 'public knowledge' of my number to a minimum, also because part of me wants to randomly stumble across it, rather than have it handed to me...I also got really lucky with an odd string of unexepcted books showing up...Dark Dreamers, Gauntlet 2, Danse Macarbe, 2 of 3 Plants (which are probably the most unique of all) and a bunch I also got right from the publishers. I have a number below 75, so theoretically, I can get a match on any book...I am also missing DT II!

But, I agree it doesn't really do anything to the value on the selling end...if I only sell one book, it doesn't really do me or the buyer any good...so basically, I'd have to sell the entire set and the price would be very high - not to mention it's such a full collection it would only appeal to somebody who was either starting from scratch and didn't want to waste any time, or who would then sell off their current collection in exchange...

Looking to the future, if/when I sold off, I'd probably try to sell it as one big group for a little while, but fairly quickly sell it book-by-book and save the best for last.

I could match a couple books up on ebay, but again, since I have all the significant books with the same number, nobody would care.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Anyone have new insight on this release? Trying to position my father's day gift the best and hoping the timing works out on this one!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're thinking about Father's Day for next year, or even the year after that, you might be okay. This year, forget it!

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    If you're thinking about Father's Day for next year, or even the year after that, you might be okay. This year, forget it!

John
    Yea, Cemetery Dance is just talking about an announcement. Once the announcement is posted, we will all pay, and then wait a year minimum for the book’s release.
    Geoff

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, Cemetery Dance is just talking about an announcement. Once the announcement is posted, we will all pay, and then wait a year minimum for the book’s release.
    Well, not ALL of us will pay and wait. Been there, done that....but no more.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am with you Carlos....no more
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Me three.....

I still have my Legacies order taped above my desk..it's so old it's yellowed!

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I know the book won't be available for father's day '08, but if its announced I can redirect as of yet uncommitted father's day gift funds to said release.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Both you and Bob I would suggest to use Horror Mall, and/or Camelot Books and Gifts. Both stock CD books, and both will take pre-orders but not charge you until the book actually ships. This will save you from having to go to ebay.
    Geoff

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Both you and Bob I would suggest to use Horror Mall, and/or Camelot Books and Gifts. Both stock CD books, and both will take pre-orders but not charge you until the book actually ships. This will save you from having to go to ebay.
    That is good advice and I have done business with Camelot for years. eBay has been good to me, though, on many occasions. With Camelot you still have to pay the retail price. I am finding more and more often with Cemetery Dance books that I can get them for less than retail on eBay, ABE and Bibliofind.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you Bob. Kim and Tony at Camelot are great people and you can occasionally get a good bargain with them, but I find more and more that other sources can be cheaper (but also somewhat riskier in some cases, like eBay).

BTW, I've been traveling for a week but glad to be back (although my family is traveling to Detroit this weekend for 4 days for a family reunion. I should be back full strength next week.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received this email:

The Big Book of Necon.

In addition to contributions by over 50 of the biggest names in the genre (Straub, Gaiman, Ketchum, Hautala, Tessier, Williamson, Clegg, Keene, Campbell, Winter, Monteleone, Wilson, Lebbon, etc), this once-in-a lifetime anthology will also feature the first publicly available appearance of "The Old Dude's Ticker" by Stephen King (and Edgar Allan Poe).

This rare collaboration was previously only published in a Necon program nearly a decade ago, and that book was limited to 333 copies and often sells for $250 to $500 on the second-hand market.

TWO of our editions of The Big Book of Necon WILL BE signed by Stephen King
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not ordering it (I received the link because I ordered SOD2), so if someone wants to use my link, please PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 889 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast