Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only time I'll read a S/L, and thats very carefully, is with some of the small publishers who do not have a paperback or trade edition available yet. But other than that? No. Open once to look at the pictures and the sig(s).
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New Cemetery Dance Limited Edition-The Big Book of Necon

If you guys haven't checked your email CD put out in it's new newsletter this:

Finally, we can't say more right now, but we have a huge surprise announcement coming in the next month or so, and we don't expect the signed editions to last more than a few hours. Make sure you stay tuned to our Cemetery Dance Insider mailing list for details! In addition, we will be notifying the customers who preordered The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) about this news first, as our way of saying thanks for your continuing support!
    Let the speculation begin...

EDIT: I just noticed Jerome posted this in the Hill/King thread. If someone wants to delete this, feel free to do so.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first read the email, my immediate thought was a s/l of King's newest collection, Just After Midnight. I don't know, though. Maybe it's the one that King mentioned in his speech, Under the Dome. Or maybe something else! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I first read the email, my immediate thought was a s/l of King's newest collection, Just After Midnight. I don't know, though. Maybe it's the one that King mentioned in his speech, Under the Dome. Or maybe something else! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

John
    CD actually states that they are not doing Just After Midnight in another part of the article. Also considering the original Secretary of Dreams Lettered Edition has not been published, yet, I highly doubt it's another graphic novel. I have a feeling it's his new novel too John.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed the Just After Midnight reference. I keep watching the BMOC for a "gift" edition of it, too. Just in case.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am thrilled to hear that there might be a new Stephen King Signed Limited edition.

I just hope this is not another two year project.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i thought that the right title was Just After SUNSET ???

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

It is. After Sunset, not Midnight.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I missed the Just After Midnight reference. I keep watching the BMOC for a "gift" edition of it, too. Just in case.

John
    Keep an eye on the QPB website as well John. (www.qpb.com) They published the Lisey's Story Gift Edition.

I think it is "Legacies". The page has been updated and it says the title is with the binder now.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar03

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    i thought that the right title was Just After SUNSET ???
    Blame another senior moment! Sometimes they just happen!

Thanks, Rabbit Trick, for the site. I hadn't seen that before. You could very well be right!

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Blame another senior moment! Sometimes they just happen!
    Unfortunately I don't have that excuse, it was just a mishap. lol

Legacies is also a good choice. It is sold out, but considering it's been 8 years since it was announced, they probably have a 100 copies from people wanting their money back.
    Geoff

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I have to say it would be pretty lame if CD actually bragged about finally publishing Legacies, and made that the surprise announcemnet...haha...

No matter what it is, I can't say I'm all that exicted...I'll pass on it, and if it's something I like I can always get it later.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If it's a signed limited, I'll probably pre-order it because I want the same number as my editions of Secretary of Dreams. Otherwise, I'll wait. I HATE giving them the use of my money for the lead time between announcement and publication dates.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a question for all you people who can afford thousands of dollars in books:

Does it seriously matter if you have the exact number as previous volumes? For example, all the Dark Tower limiteds.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to if it doesn't cost me too much money. I won't pay extra to get a matching number, but if I'm ordering a new edition, I like to match if I can.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But what is the point in matching? I don't understand. :/
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To help answear your question. When you get a S/L from lets say Grant, that number is yours. Any books in that series will be offered to you with the same number as the other one. In the case od DT someone who ordered say #25 will have the chance to get the remaining 6 books with that number A Set.Ordering that way does not cost thousands you just pay the Publishers price for that edition. If you buy a S/L and would like to try to get all same numbers you can usally send the Publisher a photo of the copyright page of the edition you have and then the next book will be yours with that number. Is it important to have all the same numbers? I beleive it is and also why would'nt you want all the same numbers? Hope this helps you a bit
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The short answer:

The goal of obtaining matching numbers adds another level of difficulty to the game, and collectors love a good challenge.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

cause we are geeks!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh okay. I'm a collector and everything, but (IMO) matching numbers is a rid ridiculous.

You guys need some therapy...my treat.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    But what is the point in matching? I don't understand. :/
    You might as well ask what's the point of collecting anything? It's all an offshoot of the same thing...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Save your money and just buy me a S/L. Preferably #707.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh okay. I'm a collector and everything, but (IMO) matching numbers is a rid ridiculous.

I've often said that many Stephen King collectors (including me!) are nuts. You now agree!!

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have #240 with a side of "PC' please
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match. But I do not pay extra money buying older books with matching numbers, because I can get them cheaper if they are not.

And it’s just cool to have. Like Cemetery Dance’s Novella Series. I’m collecting those, and I have about 3 to go, all different numbers. But I would be thrilled if they were all matching numbers, which would just be so cool, in my opinion.
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast