Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 890 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 865 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Dan or Brian, Has the last of the Doctor Sleep remarqued copies returned and/or are shipping soon?
    BUMP
    Sorry Tommy I was hoping Brian would see it and reply. Everything we have received has shipped though and I know there's a few more to go yet. I'll send him and email and see where we're at with the rest.
    I think there is one more round to send to Erin, but I have to check when she's back in her studio.

Brian
    Thanks guys, I thought all of them had already came back, absolutely no need to rush her work for me!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to take Another look, but the back of my uncut sheet is all white.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I'm going to take Another look, but the back of my uncut sheet is all white.
    Same

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Mine came today too - same as George's. The uncut sheet was crinkled on one side. As someone who collects movie posters - those are always put in a tight fitting plastic bag beofre putting in a tube. That way the top and bottom don't get messed up and it can be pulled out without touching it. But this shipped with other stuff so...just a thought.
    Is the back side of the uncut sheet from the book? I will admit most everything that comes in nowadays is just put in Excel and then put in boxes for moving. But as a former biologist, I would frame that side!

Don't know what else is coming - but if they wanted to throw in one of those baseball cards to the biggest Red Sox fan here, I wouldn't object.
    Some of the sheets have printing on the back of them. That printing could be a number of different things, none of which is from Doctor Sleep though. I know I saw a substance abuse book printing as well as some medical stuff as well. As far as the crinkling goes, unfortunately that is something we did not anticipate, as it is a problem that seems to be specific to the material the sheets are made out of and how thin / flimsy it is. It's not a problem we've ever really had before with any of our art prints / posters.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no problem with the crinkling. The sheet maintains it's value as an oddity to me. And let's be honest, the real value in this grab bag is in the books.

A note to anyone who bought the Grab Bag with the uncut artwork sheets:

The next part of that deal will be shipping after the next batch of books is finished, and it includes the ARCs and the inter-office unbound proofs. We can't take requests, BUT... if you bought this deal and you email me your name and which of our Stephen King books you like the best, I could certainly TRY to get you at least something associated with that project. Use my brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com email address and I will reply to confirm I received your message.

Also, since Dan is shipping this offer around his regular work, any special requests I try to fill will go out the door first. So you could even just email to get yours sooner if you wanted, ha!

These packages are still down the list a bit, though, because there are a ton of new books here (and on the way here) and this deal was kind of a spur of the moment offer. Your patience is, as always, very much appreciated!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting back on the subject of the uncut artwork sheets, I seem to remember that they were described as being the wrong size. What was the original purpose of these sheets? If they were tests of some sort, why were there so many copies made? Hopefully, I'm not the only one curious about how these sheets fit in with the publishing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Getting back on the subject of the uncut artwork sheets, I seem to remember that they were described as being the wrong size. What was the original purpose of these sheets? If they were tests of some sort, why were there so many copies made? Hopefully, I'm not the only one curious about how these sheets fit in with the publishing process.
    The actual prints on them are the wrong trim size, if I recall correctly, so they would have been smaller than the book pages when they were trimmed and tipped into place.

The reason some of the sheets have other materials on the back is because our printer used them for test runs of other books before they realized we would want at least some of them shipped to us. But most of that shipment was then damaged in transit because the sheets are large and pallet based shipping isn't always the most delicate process.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, have you inked the deal on one of your wonderful S/L's for Kings new book Revival yet?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

To add to what Brian said, If I remember correctly these images where the fold out artwork in the book and I believe they are printed as if they where not meant to fold out.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Just received the "out-of-print" grab bag from CD. Oh joy, "The Dark Man Art Portfolio" with the smudging (that I had earlier returned) included! Probably one of the returns they received earlier from customers. It's a grab bag so no returns allowed. A real disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Just received the "out-of-print" grab bag from CD. Oh joy, "The Dark Man Art Portfolio" with the smudging (that I had earlier returned) included! Probably one of the returns they received earlier from customers. It's a grab bag so no returns allowed. A real disappointment.
    People who have emailed me or Mindy in the past have found that we can make exceptions to pretty much any rule or situation including no returns or disappointment in Grab Bags -- including sending an alternate selection. Of course, it's more fun to post something a tab bit snarky on a message board, I guess. Mr. Unz, if you'd like to contact us, please feel free to do so at your earliest convenience.

Brian

Sorry if you took offense Mr Freeman. Just thought shipping out a product which has a known problem (smudging on the prints) would not be the best of choices. It's the only product of yours that I have ever returned. Thanks for the quick response.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The smudging on the portfolio is easily rectified. Took me less than 10 minutes to fix mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    The smudging on the portfolio is easily rectified. Took me less than 10 minutes to fix mine.
    Sorcerer!!

As has been noted here in the past, the rubbing is because we used a black interior for the cases instead of white. We try to never use white on slipcase interiors because it looks cheap -- the black material costs a little more but gives a cleaner overall look to the case -- but in this situation, it turns out that the black material rubs onto the white pages. This was unexpected, but now we know for future projects, and, luckily, the smudges can be easily removed.

Best,
    Brian

Sorry if you took offense Mr Freeman. Just thought shipping out a product which has a known problem (smudging on the prints) would not be the best of choices. It's the only product of yours that I have ever returned. Thanks for the quick response.
    Feel free to contact Mindy about returning the portfolio for something else if you'd like. Her email address is order@cemeterydance.com or you can reply to your order confirmation email.

Best,
    Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Feel free to contact Mindy about returning the portfolio for something else if you'd like. Her email address is order@cemeterydance.com or you can reply to your order confirmation email.

Best,
    Brian

Can I return mine for an IT portfolio, S/L Doctor Sleep and Art Portfolio and an SK signed Faithful. You can ask him to sign my copy of faithful when he is in the office signing all those copies of the S/L Revival. You guys are the best!

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Best,
    Brian

Can I return mine for an IT portfolio, S/L Doctor Sleep and Art Portfolio and an SK signed Faithful. You can ask him to sign my copy of faithful when he is in the office signing all those copies of the S/L Revival. You guys are the best!

Glen

Brian

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorcerer!!

As has been noted here in the past, the rubbing is because we used a black interior for the cases instead of white. We try to never use white on slipcase interiors because it looks cheap -- the black material costs a little more but gives a cleaner overall look to the case -- but in this situation, it turns out that the black material rubs onto the white pages. This was unexpected, but now we know for future projects, and, luckily, the smudges can be easily removed.

Best,
    Brian
    I'm just the apprentice. Racerx45 who posts here is the real sorcerer

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, it's more fun to post something a tab bit snarky on a message board, I guess. Mr. Unz, if you'd like to contact us, please feel free to do so at your earliest convenience.

Brian
    Everyone please give Brian some rep for that one.

I love that CD almost always responds instantly. Members should always give CD (and or Brian) a chance to resolve the issue before coming here....who knows, CD might even throw in a bonus. Don't quote me on that.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

I don't have as many posts as even this guy, and his name indicates he's some kind of pro collector (which I am not). I'm still learning my way around not just this forum, but collecting in general. Even as a relative noob, though, I'd never expect an approach like public ridicule and snarkiness to do anything but make a situation I'm unhappy with even worse.

But, then again, I'm just not that type of person. Not too many people are. The few who are stick out like sore, dirty thumbs. It seems to me that the ones who fire off with crybaby sarcasm and "disappointment" because their incredible deal (that they were lucky to be offered in the first place) wasn't perfect, usually have no idea how they come off to others. They can never take a breath and understand that remaining calm, and talking to someone directly about a problem is the best way to rectify a situation to your satisfaction.

Or, maybe these types don't really care about working things out. To them, fixing the problem is never a goal. They'd rather suffer on with their dissatisfaction, focusing on the true issue: not being given a 100% perfect experience to start with. And that is such an unforgivable slight to their overblown pride, that belittling the offending provider in a public venue is the only satisfaction they really want.

Congrats, Brian, for handling it so smoothly.

- Patrick

Wow, from a four sentence post, you have me figured out! I have apologized to Brian and never intended to "belittle" anyone. Have a nice day.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Both of you relax. Look back through a few thousand posts.
    The last thing we want or need is for new members to feel unwanted; or fight with each other.
    I suggest both of you skip the emotion in your last few posts and just enjoy the site.
    Obviously I am prejudiced, but both of you can (if you try) find great stuff here,
    So move along, enjoy, and be glad the crow-man is feeling nice today.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorcerer!!

Best,
    Brian
    I'm just the apprentice. Racerx45 who posts here is the real sorcerer
    But I have the name!!! LOL

And the art...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the hat! (this is what makes you a REAL Wizard)

but
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 890 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 865 ... LastLast