Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 891 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 856 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 22252

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Everyone-

I received 4 Dark Man Portfolios while I was away this holiday weekend. I opened every one and each one has smudges on the "page block" edges.

I emailed Kate at CD and she replied that this is occurring on every portfolio...the prints slide a bit in the slipcase causing color to transfer from the slipcase to the print edges....this is like SubPress all over again. My pic is not great, but you get the idea.
    A better image (by any member) would be appreciated.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you go. It's not just the ends, it's also where the diagonal cuts across the signature sheet from the upper right corner and the whole back of the last/bottom print.

On the kudos side, this thing is massive and quite the production ... much much much bigger than the IT portfolio.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems like most rubbing...discoloration, transfer issues pop up from handling and shipping.
    This is something that is very hard to test during the "imaginative" stage of a book, portfolio etc.
    I don't have one in hand, and so far the images aren't as clear as the "Shining S/L" troubles.
    No doubt the folks at CD will address the issue (as a post here, not a "recall"), so let's wait and see.

Note: it's well after 8:00 PM EDT and the Monday after a USA holiday, so before hysteria sets in, let's all wait for Brian James Freeman, Dan, et al to respond.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

With it in hand, I don't think it's just bumping ... the markings on the back of the final print look like fingerprints to me. I'd hazard a guess that particles of the slipcase lining, which is black, are being picked up by the prints, both by rubbing (the diagonal on the signature sheet is obvious) and wherever fingers might have touched.

The surface of the sig sheet, back of all sheets, and edges are of a different finish than the surface of the prints themselves, which are glossy. Skimming through, I don't see any particles on anything gloss, but there's black everywhere else. The upper corner of all prints (outside edge that touches the lining) looks like it has been colored black with a pencil.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Definitely got some smudging on it, including on the front of the signature page.

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Definitely got some smudging on it, including on the front of the signature page.

Perhaps its best we just leave it in the package unopened :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Does this need to be added to CD discussion thread?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ap275 View Post
    Does this need to be added to CD discussion thread?
    I think for the time being it should remain separate.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What a pain it's on the sig sheet - I'd be inclined to dismiss it if it was only on the bottom edge, but it's tough to have smudges right on the main page.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i cant live with the smudges. mine is going back.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine has a hand print on the last page also. It looks like someone picked it up with dirty hands. I am glad that it isn't just mine with this problem sad to say. This is a very poor packing job. If it is the slipcase then why isn't there any smudges at the bottom?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not gotten mind yet and I paid more to have it remarqued... This is shit news especially after the last "issue" with rubbing not that long ago. Has anyone told Brian? Is anyone sending theirs back?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have not gotten mind yet and I paid more to have it remarqued... This is shit news especially after the last "issue" with rubbing not that long ago. Has anyone told Brian? Is anyone sending theirs back?
    I can't speak for Brian and the staff at CD, but if I had to guess, they probably are aware of the issue, are aware of the posts here, and are looking into the matter to formulate their response. If yours is "damaged", feel free to post about it, but let's give BJF and CD a bit of time to respond here.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can't speak for Brian and the staff at CD, but if I had to guess, they probably are aware of the issue, are aware of the posts here, and are looking into the matter to formulate their response. If yours is "damaged", feel free to post about it, but let's give BJF and CD a bit of time to respond here.
    Oh I totally agree. My question was whether someone has informed them or just talked here about it. I have nothing but love for CD....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't informed them via their email. I presume others have, and I am confident CD will respond to their customer's concerns.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Will today be the day?!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they figure out a solution prior to shipping mine.

At first I was " Damn, they haven't shipped mine yet", and now "I'm sure glad they haven't shipped mine yet."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I hope they figure out a solution prior to shipping mine.

At first I was " Damn, they haven't shipped mine yet", and now "I'm sure glad they haven't shipped mine yet."
    Me too, did you get a remarque with yours? I'm guessing that's why mine hasn't shipped yet

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Just stick a knife through my heart Brian, I've been so patient! Lol - not sure if you saw the thread but there have been some issues reported with the dark man portfolio - just wanted to give you heads up in case you hadn't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually, the only reason I know of the thread is because someone helpfully emailed me. We can't watch every message board for every thread, so I appreciate the heads-up.

Only two people actually emailed us about this, so I wasn't aware that more than two people had a problem. I'll look into it now.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine was well packaged, as usual, but has same smudges. Not really noticeable on the front of the signature page, but quite noticeable on the edges.

Anyone who needs replacement artwork should email MINDY at order@cemeterydance.com to make the arrangements. Please include your signature sheet number IF the signature sheet has a problem.

Posting on here will not get you the replacement artwork, we don't monitor every thread and we don't know who some of your real names, etc. You need to email US for help.

So, again, the best way to contact us about problems is to email Mindy. That email address is order@cemeterydance.com OR you can reply to you original order confirmation email.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Just stick a knife through my heart Brian, I've been so patient! Lol - not sure if you saw the thread but there have been some issues reported with the dark man portfolio - just wanted to give you heads up in case you hadn't seen it.
    I had not, but someone emailed me a link a few minutes ago, so thanks to them and you for the heads-up!

As always, I'll note that we can't monitor every thread on every message board. If you have a problem, it's best to email us directly for help. Or, if message boards are how you ask for help, please post in this thread. Thanks!

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I had not, but someone emailed me a link a few minutes ago, so thanks to them and you for the heads-up!

As always, I'll note that we can't monitor every thread on every message board. If you have a problem, it's best to email us directly for help. Or, if message boards are how you ask for help, please post in this thread. Thanks!

Brian
    I am glad you got to know. We thought you were aware already. It is pretty wide spread I am hearing Brian... I have not gotten mine yet but fingers crossed I do not have the issue where SO many hands have been on it. Like I said... my fingers are crossed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Anyone who needs replacement artwork should email MINDY at order@cemeterydance.com to make the arrangements. Please include your signature sheet number IF the signature sheet has a problem.

Posting on here will not get you the replacement artwork, we don't monitor every thread and we don't know who some of your real names, etc. You need to email US for help.

So, again, the best way to contact us about problems is to email Mindy. That email address is order@cemeterydance.com OR you can reply to you original order confirmation email.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
    Brian
    As always... CD shows how good of a company they are. Another reason I love dealing with them
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 891 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 856 ... LastLast