+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 889 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ya she just couldnt understand that after such a long wait i was able to cut it loose so easy.but it seems to be that CD just cant find a "reliable " or "efficient" binder company.maybe the length of time that they're holding our money is the same time it takes them to pay for their their binder suppliers for the slipcases etc. Are the binder people getting pissed off with CD too i wonder?

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of you guys have the patience of Christ! 10 years! Man, I waited a year for Secretary and that pissed me off. Thats total bullshit, Im sorry. I will never pre-order for them again, unless I know for sure it will be quick( like the new Brian Keene).
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, i am waiting that the sofd2 is publishing to buy it..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've ordered my copies of Secretary of Dreams 2 when I first got the emails, mainly to ensure that I got a matching number for my signed numbered edition. I did this keeping in mind that it would be at least a year before I saw the books. As long as you keep in mind that speed in production is NOT one of their priorities, you should be okay.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've ordered my copies of Secretary of Dreams 2 when I first got the emails, mainly to ensure that I got a matching number for my signed numbered edition. I did this keeping in mind that it would be at least a year before I saw the books. As long as you keep in mind that speed in production is NOT one of their priorities, you should be okay.

John

Your right, and I dont want to have a CD bash here but, letting someone wait 4-10 years for something they paid for is just unethical. If they were plauged with so many problems they should have sent refunds and put those people on the top of a waiting list till they had a more definitive time line of when they would be published.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrambler34 View Post

Your right, and I dont want to have a CD bash here but, letting someone wait 4-10 years for something they paid for is just unethical. If they were plauged with so many problems they should have sent refunds and put those people on the top of a waiting list till they had a more definitive time line of when they would be published.
    I was OK with the wait for several years. About once a year I would e-mail Mindy and ask the status of the books I had on order. She would reply promptly (usually) and explain the delays as much as she could. I didn't like it but at least there was some dialogue and I felt the books would eventually come. Then, a couple of years ago, she stopped responding to my yearly status request. I can't begin to tell you how angry that made me. 10 years of frustration boiled up and I cancelled all my outstanding orders. Now Cemetery Dance is mad at me!!! Go figure.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They are mad because they had to "give" your money back to you.

In one way we all should be grateful that CD exists, but in another, we all know that they fall far short of promises, and compelling excuses aside (You can only use the "My dog died. my mom has cancer, I have cancer", reason a few times before people who have paid/subscribed begin to reasonably question the "excuses".
    I wish I could produce a list-I never saved all the excuses, of their reasons for delay.
    I am sure though, that viewed in toto the cummulative would be repetitive and laughable.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO....?

The Century's Best Horror Fiction, Cemetery Dance -- A Fifteen Year Celebration
    2 volumes limited and the lettered copies?

have i missed the updates on these? i searched the CD website and can't seem to locate anything that is referenced about this title any more. anyone got info. or can you point me to the CD weblink?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's Cemetery Dance..... probably be out for the 20th anniversary!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am waiting as well and have given up checking. I last checked like a year ago.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I am waiting as well and have given up checking. I last checked like a year ago.

i usually don't worry that much, i figure the books will get published at some time in the future, but... i don't even see any info on the CD site anymore about this book... am i just missing the order or info page for it?

it better not be canceled, since i've already paid for a lettered edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry, have you tried emailing them?

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    not yet... didn't want to bother mindy if someone here already had info. on it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    not yet... didn't want to bother mindy if someone here already had info. on it.

would be funny to have the 15 year celebration on the 20th anniversary...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know anything about the book, but isn't this the same book being discussed here:
    Cemetary Dance - 15 Year Celebration?

If so, we'll merge the two threads.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ha ha.... yeah... that thread got side tracked....so...

combine away....
    still would like to know why it isn't listed on the CD site anymore.
    guess i'll email mindy tomorrow and find out.

i forget... but i'm pretty sure the letered was 750.00 or more... and i DON'T get lettereds with my lifetime membership, so i paid for it in addition to the reg. limited that is supposed to come with my lifetime membership.
    i'm thinking i'm just not finding the link on the CD site... i'm pretty sure they wouldn't just cancel it, not tell anyone, and keep the money.
    i'll try to get some update info. from mindy tomorrow.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Terry. I'll merge the threads.

Please let us know what you hear back from Mindy about this book.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Terry. I'll merge the threads.

Please let us know what you hear back from Mindy about this book.

first.... i need new glasses.
    there are links on the CD website... i just couldn't seem to find them.

second...i'm a freaking moron... Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration isn't even the lettered edition i ordered (though I should have a #'d limited ordered via my lifetime membership).

nope... the lettered edition i ordered a few years ago was a different book....

The Century's Best Horror Fiction

Pub. Date: 2008
    edited by John Pelan

In celebration of the new millennium, Cemetery Dance Publications has commissioned a spectacular two-volume anthology project under the editorship of noted author and historian of the horror genre, John Pelan.
    John will be selecting one story published during each year of the 20th Century (1901-2000) as the most notable story of that year — all 100 stories will then be collected in The Century's Best Horror Fiction.
    The ground rules are simple: Only one selection per author. Only one selection per year.
    Two huge volumes, one hundred authors, one hundred classic stories, over 700,000 words of fiction -- history in the making!

which has King's story "The Reach" in it.

note that both books have a publication date of this year...

The Century's Best Horror Fiction
    Production Status:
    Proofreading continues, but with over 700,000 words (and 1600 or so pages), it's going to be a while longer until this one is ready for the printer. Many of the stories had to be typeset from original materials so they now have to be cross-checked against those originals. It's a slow process, but it'll be worth the effort. These two volumes are going to each be among the largest books we've ever published.

looks like this is coming along? maybe...fingers crossed...

Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration

Production Status:
    The editor is currently working on the table of contents, which we will announce as soon as all of the final decisions have been made and all of the authors have signed their contracts. Once the manuscript is completed, we will rush the book into production.

not sure if the production status is outdated or not, if this is the status....not sure if it'll meet the listed 2008 Pub.date

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question for collectors :
    If you guys do order a limited/lettered edition (especially with lettered editions)
    Do you guys actually read the book, or even have a look inside?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If you guys do order a limited/lettered edition (especially with lettered editions)
    I personally only look at the signature page. I get the trade copies to read.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I personally only look at the signature page. I get the trade copies to read.
    Same for me. Occasionally I see artwork posted on these sites or comments about the content of a book (sometimes it is different from the trade edition) where I had NO IDEA that stuff even existed, and I OWN the damn thing. How embarrassing is that?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

OK, that's what i thought.. sometimes you buy lettered or limited copies, where there is bonuses, artwork, and sometimes you dont even have a look at it :p

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The only real S/L book I can remember reading was THE EYES OF THE DRAGON in 1984. The trade edition wasn't published until 2 or 3 years later. That was the only way to read the book and I did so VERY carefully.

I do look through new S/L's to look at the artwork but don't really spend much time doing so.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I look through them carefully, mainly to see the artwork, but I don't actually read them. I don't handle them very often.

Brice has said that he reads his once each. He is extremely careful about it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i never read my limiteds,proofs. gift editions, or even signed books.
    i always buy two first edition hardbacks... one kept pristine/unopened... and one to read (though even that one i read with great care).
    the limiteds i do peek in at the pictures and carefully look through to verify there are no defects- making sure not to open far enough to break the spine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 889 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast