Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 890 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Gris! Pretty cool!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought a copy of STEPHEN KING: THE NON-FICTION by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks for $49.99 on eBay. It retailed for $75 through Cemetery Dance. Has anyone been able to get a cheaper copy yet?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good deal, Bob!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I just bought a copy of STEPHEN KING: THE NON-FICTION by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks for $49.99 on eBay. It retailed for $75 through Cemetery Dance. Has anyone been able to get a cheaper copy yet?
    I just did the same as you.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I think it is a really good deal. Her eBay ID is katharath and she says she has multiple copies.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the one!

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn you, damn you both!!!! I ordered the damn thing two years ago, waited for two years, and paid, oh wait. I didn't actually PAY for the entire book. I used store credit for $50 worth of it as I recall. Never mind.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I just sent an email cancelling my two outstanding orders, one of which is SOD I Lettered. We'll see how efficiently the refund process goes.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you don't get a reply email them and tell that you're going to contact King's office.

That worked for me.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    I think it is a really good deal. Her eBay ID is katharath and she says she has multiple copies.

I just picked up this copy for $37.50. As new. The item description says slipcased, although it is not shown in the photo. I was the only bidder. There must really be no demand for this book. I'm glad to get it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

John

I just picked up this copy for $37.50. As new. The item description says slipcased, although it is not shown in the photo. I was the only bidder. There must really be no demand for this book. I'm glad to get it, though.
    I think it is a really good book and you got a nice price on it. But, as you said, there is not much demand. Especially with 2000 copies printed. Think what it will sell for in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    I just sent an email cancelling my two outstanding orders, one of which is SOD I Lettered. We'll see how efficiently the refund process goes.
    I think it will go OK for you with only the two books preordered. Keep us posted.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Thanks! I'll give an update when I get a reply.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone order Stephen King Goes To The Movies? Did anyone get their copy yet? I ordered it off of Cemetery Dance. I got e-mails from Subterranean Press saying that all the copies have been shipped. I go on Cemetery Dance website and it says "Forthcoming"

WTF ! I do not get it! I WANT MY BOOK! :panic: I am sick of Cemetery Dance and all the crap that they pull! No other publishing website has ever given me any type of trouble! I think this is the last book I will ever order from Cemetery Dance!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I think this is the last book I will ever order from Cemetery Dance!
    Not a bad idea. The only time I pre-order from them is when I want a matching number for a signed limited (Secretary of Dreams 2). Otherwise I avoid them like the plague.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi pixiedark,

Here is the Stephen King Goes to the Movies thread. Members will likely post there when they start receiving their books.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This was in the latest newsletter from CD:

As we mentioned in our last update, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume 2) by Stephen King has been designed and is being proofread right now, but Glenn Chadbourne noticed a few places in three of the stories where he could squeeze in even more artwork and asked if we'd mind. Since the signature sheets are still in the works and the interior isn't set for the printer, we told him to go for it!

This week Glenn turned in THIRTEEN MORE illustrations for "The Monkey" and he's already working on more for the other stories. You can see some samples of just a few of these illustrations in this special new art gallery on our website:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/Graven09

There will be HUNDREDS of illustrations in the final book, but we just wanted to give you a taste of what's to come. Here is the link to the previous preview pages we've posted:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/Graven06
    I just wish they'd publish the thing and not keep adding art. It's been almost two years!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, John. Although they say the additional artwork is not the hold up, I wish they would just get on with getting the book out.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well..I'm off the email chains they sent. I really don't want more excuses and promises, so what's the point of receiving an email that will piss me off?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

But Ari, if you're off the email lists, how will you know when to spend your money on the next announcement of books to be imminently released?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys hit the nail on the head. I could really give a rat's ass about more Glen Chadbourne artwork. Give me my god damn books and stop updating me with useless information.

I think I am done with them. I would be better off just keeping the money in the bank and earning interest, and then buying the book for a 20% premium on ebay when (if) it is finally released.

My bank is FDIC insured. If CD goes out of business, I am screwed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well I got this in my email box today from Lonely Road Books, which is basically a high line CD, run by CD.

All of the paperwork has now been signed and we're preparing to announce our next project very soon. We've actually had this one secretly in pre-production for a while, but now that everything is in order, we can really get moving. We cannot say what this project is just yet, but it's certain to be the most exciting Lonely Road Books project to date. In fact, we expect such high demand among collectors that this book will be the first LRB title to also be published as a collectible, unsigned slipcased Gift Edition (since most collectors will miss out on the signed editions). Think of Cemetery Dance's Gift Editions of From A Buick 8 or The Secretary of Dreams, or Donald Grant's Gift Edition of Desperation, and you'll get the idea what kind of special unsigned edition we're looking to create.
    I hate to say it, but the only author CD has ever done Gift Editions for is Stephen King. I have a sneaking feeling this might be a King book.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't Bev confirm that it wasn't a King book a few months back?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 890 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast