Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 890 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 702 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    We’re pleased to announce Cemetery Dance #68 is already shipping from the printer and will be arriving in mailboxes around the world early next month!

This issue celebrates one of our favorite artists and all around great guy, Glenn Chadbourne. We’ve honored to work with Glenn for many years now and even more honored to call him a good friend. This special issue features cover to cover story illustrations by Glenn, as well as an in-depth interview and a new short story by Glenn and Holly Newstein.

Of special note to Stephen King fans, this issue also includes “The Glass Floor,” which was published in Startling Mystery Stories in 1967 and was King’s first professional sale. It has never appeared in any of his collections:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_cd068

That's a GREAT news!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very much looking forward to receiving this issue - sounds like a total Glenn-Out
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Very much looking forward to receiving this issue - sounds like a total Glenn-Out
    That it is! There's Glenn artwork all over the place. He even created his own versions of the columnist header artwork for each column.

I'll post a preview of his artwork for "The Glass Floor" on my blog later today.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the first few stories in "More than Midnight" and started on "I'm not Sam". I'm trying to get my money's worth out of the ERCs. I have liked what I have read so far, and I'm finding that I really enjoy reading short stories and novellas on my commute.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ebook/Emagazine

Did I read that the CD Magazine is (or is going to be) available online?

I'd love to be able to have a copy on the ipad.

Also, any news when the Exorcist hardback magazine-edition is due to be rolled out?

Cheers, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Also, any news when the Exorcist hardback magazine-edition is due to be rolled out?

Cheers, Dave
    Yep, there will be an electronic edition of the magazine starting in the next few months.

The CD #62 hardcover edition will be published this winter.

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great news. While I prefer physical books, an electronic version would be cool to avoid shipping fees.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    That's great news. While I prefer physical books, an electronic version would be cool to avoid shipping fees.
    The electronic version will feel more like an eBook than a magazine, though it will house all the artwork that the actual print editions have, though in a format appropriate for eReaders. I am actually really happy with how these issues are turning out. Keep an eye out for them soon though, I'm getting pretty close to being ready to go with them.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Announcing TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY KING

Author: Bev Vincent
    Page Count: 50
    Pub. Date: November 30, 2012

About the Book:
    Since the turn of the century, Bev Vincent, author of The Stephen King Illustrated Companion and The Road to the Dark Tower, has been reviewing the works of Stephen King. These reviews have been published in a variety of venues, including Onyx Reviews, The Essential Stephen King, FEARnet, the Conroe Courier, and Cemetery Dance magazine.

Twenty-First Century King collects these reviews for the first time, starting with Riding the Bullet, King's first published work after his near-fatal accident in 1999. The twenty-one reviews (amounting to nearly 21,000 words) cover works of non-fiction, collections, collaborations, pseudonymous works and novels, including five books from the Dark Tower series.

Bev Vincent is the author of three books: The Road to the Dark Tower, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, and the forthcoming The Dark Tower Companion (NAL, April 2013). He co-edited The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book and has been writing News from the Dead Zone for Cemetery Dance since 2001. He is the author of over seventy short stories, including appearances in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Shivers (II, IV, VI & VII), and When the Night Comes Down, which contains four of his stories. His story "The Bank Job" won the 2010 Al Blanchard Award, and he has been nominated for the Bram Stoker Award (twice) and the Edgar Award. He reviews at Onyx Reviews and blogs on writing for Storytellers Unplugged. Visit him on the web at bevvincent.com.

Published as:
    • Signed Limited Edition Chapbook with a glossy cover limited to just 750 copies signed by the author ($12)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the chapbook yesterday. Looking forward to it Bev!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great.

A preview of Glenn's artwork for "The Glass Floor" by Stephen King in Cemetery Dance #68:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...tery-dance-68/

Brian

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This came in the mail today, it was the $39 "Other Publisher's Grab-Bag"

"Deathflash" is a S/L #54/100; "Beyond the Lamplight" is signed (I've never heard of either one of these guys, so something new); I didn't have the H & S trade hardcover of TWTTK (only the S/L of 700) so that filled a space; the Scribner I had already so my son will get this one (he's all excited because it's his first King book ... he turns 9 on Saturday, so I figure better to start with this than IT).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Cheers, Dave
    Yep, there will be an electronic edition of the magazine starting in the next few months.

The CD #62 hardcover edition will be published this winter.

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Great news on both accounts, looking forward to both.

Fingers crossed the back catalog is published too?

Thanks for the info.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished "I'm Not Sam" this morning on the train. It was a good short read, and I would recommend it. My primary criticism revolves around the introduction by Jack Ketchum, in which he discusses how the story came about and describes the contents of the book...

Here be spoilers...

Does anyone have one of our FULL DARK, NO STARS slipcase or UNDER THE DOME slipcase that you no longer want? If so, please drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com because I gave my last office copies to customers a while back but it would be nice to actually have copies here for future project reference.

Brian

Two new "surprise in-stock" announcements today:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome looking books. Congrats, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Awesome looking books. Congrats, Brian!
    Thank you!

Brian

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read both "Kinsmen" and "Femme" today on the Acela, and enjoyed them both thoroughly. Highly enjoyable, quick little novellas. I've never read any Pronzini before, and I had never heard of "The Nameless Detective" either; I might just seek out some more titles in the series. In all seriousness, though...

A question on the "Nameless Detective"...

Also, I finished "More than Midnight", and I thought the five stories were pretty good, accompanied by some nice Chadbourne art.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are the last 2 books in the collector's club 3.0, can't wait to get them!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my Duma Key slipcase delivered today. Fine work, guys. It looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I got my Duma Key slipcase delivered today. Fine work, guys. It looks great!!
    Thank you!

Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Just bought the SK chapbook by Vincent and a subscription to Cemetery Dance. Will i get the latest issue with the SK reprint story or does my subscription start with the upcoming unpublished issue? I was hoping to get the SK story. Dont want to read my copy of Startling Mysteries

Gunslinger Apprentice carbinworld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

My Duma Key slipcase arrived yesterday, very happy with it. I gotta ask; what's next?
    ~

Looking For:

1: Signed US Trade 1st/1st Full Dark No Stars
    2: ??????????

~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 890 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 702 ... LastLast