Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 890 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'm reasonably confident they aren't selling a specific individual's membership.
    Yea, I agree with you there.

It does seem shady, as CD sold a novella and signature lifetime series just a month or two ago saying the "certain customer" was down on his funds and he was selling the memberships, just like now.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed that emailing (or just didn't read it--I do that a lot with their volume of emails) but I also have a novella membership and a lifetime membership to the magazine, both of which I won in contests I don't remember entering. I've been tempted to tell Mindy that I'd be willing to trade both for a lifetime membership of getting all Stephen King proofs that they issue. Since I won the novella membership, I've gotten a total of four books in the last two years or so, and one issue of the magazine. I do enjoy the novellas, but they are something I'd never purchase on my own.

Right now, the only thing I have on order with them is the SOD2, both s/l (so I can get the same number) and a gift edition. Not a whole lot of money in the scheme of things.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's just words, but looks to be steps in the right direction. I just got this from Mindy moments ago.

Ack, sorry, I just reminded Richard and he’ll send a check in the next couple days for sure. He’s out of town right now until tomorrow evening. SORRY… I assure I you the full refund of $1,050 will go out by the weekend..

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

"The check is in the mail"--how many times have we heard that one!?!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

At least you received a reply David. I asked Mindy 2 days ago what the status of SOD1 Lettereds were since she last said I would receive it in the Fall; she never replied back to me. No big surprise.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You know, PlayPhish, if you work out of Michael Whelan's office i's even more surprising they aren't even replying to you! Do they know that? I'm not saying namedrop, but are they aware of that at all?

Wiz - does that refund include 'Legacies' or did you never have that on order?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

You know, PlayPhish, if you work out of Michael Whelan's office i's even more surprising they aren't even replying to you! Do they know that? I'm not saying namedrop, but are they aware of that at all?
    Has Whelan done much work for CD? I can't recall anything right now but I don't buy a lot of non-King stuff from them.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure he's done anything for them at all, certaintly nothing King related....but still, he's THE preeminent artist in the field; so if they were even going to string an associate of his along, what hope do the rest of us have???

I don't believe I ever mentioned Whelan's name to CD nor has he done anything for them.

Did anyone ever order The Road to the Dark Tower Lettered from CD? I know that was a wait for years as well. I was so up in the air in getting the SODs after that experience, but I figured since these books were a 'King project', being signed by King and all, that I would give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of expediency.

I wait...and the world moves on.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Hello all. As the "gushing spring" of this thread, I am both amazed and dismayed that it it STILL going strong. So many people with legitimate complaints, concerns and anger.

All I can tell you is that I got my refund, in full, within 4 days of asking. Keep asking, guys. Asking, nagging then shouting. My gut tells me that CD are, at best, on unsteady ground. I would hate to see ANY press go to the wall, but now, it seems, CD are reaping the stunted crop of their "payment up front" policy.

Good luck to all involved
    Calla Wolf

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    All I can tell you is that I got my refund, in full, within 4 days of asking.
    I think someone made a call to expedite your refund.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz - does that refund include 'Legacies' or did you never have that on order?

No, not Legacies. It is for a Lettered 15 Year Celebration book and a Secretary of Dreams II S/L.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Lettered 15 Year Celebration book
    Jeeze, considering the Limited's not even in sight of being released I could only imagine that the Lettered is probably still 2 years away from release.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Lettered 15 Year Celebration book
    Jeeze, considering the Limited's not even in sight of being released I could only imagine that the Lettered is probably still 2 years away from release.
    They have had my money on that one for more than 3 years now. Should I ask for compounded interest?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd ask for the interest after you receive the principal.

I'm trying to think of an equivalent business practice of pre-orders taking this long to fulfill...and having no luck...there's honestly no precedent I can come up with.

Three years?

The one thing they probably do do with the money is pay the authors...that way, at least they aren't getting complaints from that direction to...but there is a point where, even if I was an author, I would question the direction the company has chosen to go.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

I've just cancelled all my orders and asked for a refund, so if anyone fancies buying themselves a long wait, the following will be available!

SOD1, Lettered
    SOD2, Limited
    SOD2, Lettered
    Big Book of Necon, Lettered

Interesting that Secretary of Dreams become SOD as a TLA.....

SOD ALL..........

ho hum. Still the exchange rate is much improved from my end, so at least the money has increased in value - as I doubt any interest would be forthcoming.

Seeing as Mindy never responded to my email on Tuesday asking for a release date of the SOD1 Lettered, I sent another today. Don't hold your breath in anticipation of an answer; I'm not.

For everyone...or anyone still left :p, waiting on the SOD1 Lettered:

"Bob… I’m enclosing a picture of the BASIC prototype, but the colors are not the final choices. Next to the case are other color samples that we chose, instead of that bright gold. This case is going to be massive. The size is 14X18X3. Next to the case is one of our regular 6X9 books, just to show the size difference.

Things slow down around the holidays with printers and binders unfortunately. Sec Dreams V.1 Lettered is going to be my top priority in the new year. I want to get that out within the first couple months of the 2009 FOR SURE.

We are VERY sorry for our delay on this… I assure you that you’ll get this title in the beginning of 2009. I’m going to travel to the binder to check on them.

Thanks for your continued patience and Happy Holidays. ~MINDY"

Nice to see that last year they were getting ready to ship them out and 1 year later now they're talking about a BASIC prototype. I'm kind of speechless. But hey, at least I got a response right?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, good luck with that.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet that NOW this is getting to their priority list, to do not get even more cancellations and to keep money within their business...

At least, it sort of progress... Slowly (but "surely" (?))
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

So they're going to make 52 big traycases, line them with some shiny cloth, have a different dustjacket - charge $1500 - and that takes them almost two years?

Travel to the binder? To look at a box?

And like Herbert said, this is a HUGE moneymaker for them...this should be their #1 priority, espcially given all the cancellations...

Edit: And to add to Carlos below, I have no real grief with the price tag/etc....fine, it's a lettered edition, okay...but you can EITHER have people wait forever, then really blow them away, OR have a semi-unique, very expensive edition released on some sort of reasonable schedule, BUT not both!
    Last edited by Rahfa; 12-19-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: adding something without an extra post...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

So they're going to make 52 big traycases, line them with some shiny cloth, have a different dustjacket - charge $1500 - and that takes them almost two years?
    I agree. I am completely underwhelmed. A basic Cemetery Dance book (like all the rest) but stuffed into a big floofy traycase.

You can put a bow on a turd but it is still gonna stink.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I agree. I am completely underwhelmed. A basic Cemetery Dance book (like all the rest) but stuffed into a big floofy traycase.

You can put a bow on a turd but it is still gonna stink.
    Holy crap - i've been waiting this long for a fancy box of chocolates for $1500, whoopie.

My cancellation I think is vindicated.

I have had a reply - tempted though I am to share it, I guess that I ought to respect the fact that it was sent to me privately, but it was along the lines of the ones shown previously on this thread.....so, we'll see it in 2009.....maybe

But I wont......

had enough of waiting - i'm going to push for the refund and blow the cash on something utterly frivolous......suggestions on a postcard!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Got my refund of $530 today.
    I must say everything did work out perfect. No shadow on CD on this refund.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 890 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast