Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 890 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to point out that I didn't order one of these, and as such my copy didn't arrive damaged or in good condition.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Holy cow guys, my intention was NOT in any way imaginable to rip CD! I have the greatest respect for them and their products and I LOVE them all! I was just warning people that their package might be damaged, that's all, sort of a heads up to not be surprised if that happens.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, it's kind of amazing that no-one blames the REAL culprit--the Post Office! They're the ones who mess up the packages!

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really!

I cringe when they try to cram my packages into the mailbox! Typically (I work at home) when I hear the mail truck coming I walk out and meet him and get my mail handed to me! I am sure I have saved a few orders shipped in bubble wrapped mailers or worse! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, it's kind of amazing that no-one blames the REAL culprit--the Post Office! They're the ones who mess up the packages!
    True, but it couldn't hurt to use a cardboard mailer at the very least ... could defense against USPS habit of folding to fit.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD is doing a great job lately with their books .......BUT.......some of the material they use or don't use to mail out items makes you wonder what they were thinking. They could have used card board in the envelope to make it hold up better. I know CD is trying to save money on shipping but we are the ones paying for that shipping and we do expect better from them.
    Why let something like this be the weakest link in the chain!!! You might expect this from some EBay person but from one of the TOP publishers you expect more.
    My order got here pretty much OK except for a few bent corners that was really nothing to get "Bent" out of shape about.
    Last edited by LostAlivE; 06-07-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: left a few things out

I'm sure Dan is taking notes about your complaints for future shipments. We shipped 65,000 orders last year and most got where they were supposed to without issues, but mistakes do happen. I'm happy to hear you think we'll never, ever make a mistake, but we're still human, unfortunately.

Of the 1,000 or so SK Grab Bags we shipped, we've heard from 5 people so far who had problems. We'll make sure they and anyone else who had problems get replacement shipments. But 5 or even 10 problems per 1,000 is NORMAL even with the most careful packing. Stuff happens in transit.

As noted above, our goal is NOT to have to ship orders twice. But everything can be replaced, so I don't think there is much need to get worked up about it. Email Mindy and she'll help you out. Not a big deal.

Brian

By the way, we've shipped thousands and thousands of copies of the magazine in these same mailers with very few problems. We can replace any damaged shipments. So I guess I don't see what all of the worrying in this thread is about. It's not like this was a one of a kind signed Stephen King item that can never, ever be replaced. It's a magazine, a comic, and a chapbook -- all of which can be easily replaced. If we were saying "tough luck" I could understand all of the complaining. But if yours arrived damaged, you just have to email Mindy and she'll help you out. AND then you have a reading copy AND you're getting a nice, clean, unread copy for your collection!

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Brian I remember before you started posting in here we would complain about books taking way too long or any number of things but since you have been posting things at CD are way so much better. So if all we can find to complain about is how something is mailed out then you guys are must be doing one heck of a job there at CD. When we do complain it is to help to make you a better place and because we care about all of ya'll there.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Brian I remember before you started posting in here we would complain about books taking way too long or any number of things but since you have been posting things at CD are way so much better. So if all we can find to complain about is how something is mailed out then you guys are must be doing one heck of a job there at CD. When we do complain it is to help to make you a better place and because we care about all of ya'll there.
    Ha, "complaining" probably isn't even the right word for the recent posts. More like "gentle venting" at best.

REMINDER: Anyone who got a bad shipment, just make sure you email Mindy so you can get your replacements! We want you to be happy and get what you were expecting. I *hate* when customers are unhappy...

Best,
    Brian

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I just got my SK Grab Bag and all is well in Northern Virginia! Thanks CD! And of note, I was curiously (and pleasantly) surprised as I finished up Kevin Quigley's chapbook Drawn Into Darkness, The Comic-Book Landscapes of Stephen King and read the Afterword. Many thanks to Kevin for the shout out (sandwiched in between the likes of Justin Brooks, Lilja, Glenn Chadbourne and Brian Freeman) for the miniscule amount of support I provided him on this project.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    And of note, I was curiously (and pleasantly) surprised as I finished up Kevin Quigley's chapbook Drawn Into Darkness, The Comic-Book Landscapes of Stephen King and read the Afterword. Many thanks to Kevin for the shout out (sandwiched in between the likes of Justin Brooks, Lilja, Glenn Chadbourne and Brian Freeman) for the miniscule amount of support I provided him on this project.
    I really liked everything about Kevin's chapbook. His writing is terrific, Steve Gilbert's artwork is great, and I thought Keith Minnion's design was perfect. It's a lot of fun and I hope those who bought the Grab Bag like it!

Here is the cover for anyone who is curious:

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

I wished I could get "Ink in the Veins #1" it has a cool picture on the cover.
    I have #2 and this one.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell, I don't have any of them and now I want all of them. They sound really interesting and they look cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The voting portion of our short story contest is up!

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?325

Happy reading.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    The voting portion of our short story contest is up!

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?325

Happy reading.
    Woo Hoo! Now I get to see if anyone besides myself likes my story.

P.S. My screen name is copefiend2 and I'm in group #4......

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked your story!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked your story!
    Thanks and right back atcha!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still inching my way through all the submissions. I'm glad we have a lot of time to read them all.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

As noted in another thread, I'm doing my best to keep the Production Updates page updated, but let me know if you have any questions:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

The production updates page shows that the signature sheets for the Lettered edition of Century's Best Horror Fiction have been sent to the final author and that you guys were hoping them to be finished by the end of spring. Next week marks the end of spring, so I'm just curious if you guys have gotten them back yet

Also, any idea about when you'll be releasing the list of who's signing this edition? I'm hoping that it's everyone who's still alive
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    The production updates page shows that the signature sheets for the Lettered edition of Century's Best Horror Fiction have been sent to the final author and that you guys were hoping them to be finished by the end of spring. Next week marks the end of spring, so I'm just curious if you guys have gotten them back yet

Also, any idea about when you'll be releasing the list of who's signing this edition? I'm hoping that it's everyone who's still alive
    Still waiting, but I think he's still expecting to sign them and return them in the next week or so before he has to leave town on a trip. I'll post an update when I know for sure.

I can also post the signing list when the sheets get back because I don't have a formal list of who has signed -- Mindy and I just went down the list of living authors (by story pub date) and contacted everyone who could be contacted to find out if they would sign. It's a good group.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

What do you think are the odds that you guys might do a Vol. 3 of Secretary of Dreams someday? Any chance at all?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

They GOTTA do a third one! It's easy money! lol And besides, Chadbourne is so awesome he'd have the whole book finished in a half hour!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Brian,

What do you think are the odds that you guys might do a Vol. 3 of Secretary of Dreams someday? Any chance at all?
    The artwork for the two books took Glenn about 2 years per book, so it would be a ways off if there was going to be another.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 890 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast