+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 889 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received an email from CD anouncing Under The Dome - "1,500+ manuscript pages! Coming Fall 2009!" and a link to pre order the book a full ten months before trade publication.
    Do they do this with all King books, or is it another attempt to bring in some cash up front?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think they do it with every single King book...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I always order with Amazon because of the promotions.
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 03-29-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    I just received an email from CD anouncing Under The Dome - "1,500+ manuscript pages! Coming Fall 2009!" and a link to pre order the book a full ten months before trade publication.
    Do they do this with all King books, or is it another attempt to bring in some cash up front?
    Both. I think, though, this is the earliest that they've promoted an upcoming King trade edition. Kind of sad, really.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if many will take them up on this offer "for your ordering convenience!"? Why would anyone pay full retail of $28 plus $8 shipping ($36 total) and pay NOW when you can just as easily walk into your local Barnes & Noble on the day of the release and get it for (probably) 30 to 40% off?

With transit time for shipping from the publisher to CD, preparing for shipping by CD and then USPS/UPS delivery times from CD to you I think you are looking at getting the book about two weeks LATER than anyone else. And that is best case scenario. Such a deal!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I wonder if many will take them up on this offer "for your ordering convenience!"? Why would anyone pay full retail of $28 plus $8 shipping ($36 total) and pay NOW when you can just as easily walk into your local Barnes & Noble on the day of the release and get it for (probably) 30 to 40% off?

With transit time for shipping from the publisher to CD, preparing for shipping by CD and then USPS/UPS delivery times from CD to you I think you are looking at getting the book about two weeks LATER than anyone else. And that is best case scenario. Such a deal!
    haha Bob, so you of course lifted your CD ordering freeze to get a dozen of these right?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, people are just ignorant if they buy this book from CD.
    Geoff

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing how people have so many problems with ordering from CD. Should I even bother with placing an order for The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One) or would it be a waste of time and money?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually if it's a gift edition I don't see the problem...the book have been released already. Delays are not supposed to happen.
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 03-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the $75 Gift Edition to SOD I is still available and if you order one they will most likely send it right away. I have not had any problems with CD when I know the book is already on their shelves!

It's ordering when they "announce" a book that is risky business!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked for a refund today (two books=>$600) and received a prompt response. I was told my credit card will be credited today.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Seeing how people have so many problems with ordering from CD. Should I even bother with placing an order for The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One) or would it be a waste of time and money?
    You may be able to get it cheaper (possibly quicker) if you get it off of ebay.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it would be ignorant, like I was early last year when they put Just After Sunset on sale. Apparently I ordered a copy in like April(and since forgotten), because they are finally shipping it this week. WooHoo! Too bad I already got a special edition with DVD a while back. Oh well, lesson learned.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My only fear now, is that with everyone requesting refunds, not just members of this board, as I'm sure lots of people get pissed with their service, and lots of people will be cutting back due to the economy. that CD's obvious cash flow problems with be magnified to a critical point.... at which, no SOD2 and no Dark Tower Concordance, which would suck.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like most of you, I too have a fair amount of money sitting in CD's account waiting for promised books.

This list includes the 6th issue of Grave Tales (Joe Hill) which was being sent to the printer in March.

8 to 9 months to print a comic book?

Who knows how long before SoD II or TDK Concordance will see the light of day...

Country
    Country Flag

I do have LE SOD II, The Big Book of Necon, and Century's Best Horror Fiction preordered, but that is it for me.

I will not be placing any more orders with them until I get those.

I've complained to them in the past about their business practices and I was basically told by Mindy that I could have my money back and could take my business elsewhere.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now...
    I'm sorry to say this, but a year ago I had a problem with a comic store who used to announce a lot and at the end they wen't out of bussiness and didn't give back a single penny. I'm affraid that issue happens again.
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 03-29-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I checked and I received a full refund on my Credit Card.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I just checked all my PAID outstanding orders.

CD $880.50

Sub Press $635.00

PS Pub $98.65

Hill House $ does it matter?

As stated in this thread before, regular, truthful updates would go along way towards relieving customer anxiety.

Sub Press does a great job updating the status of their works in progress.

The other three on this list could learn a lot from Bill.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to post twice in a row, but a question just occurred to me...

Can anyone name the last two or three books actually published by CD?

Actually received and published by CD?

Lonely Road books do not count.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

recents releases:
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/CTGY/RECENT

Coming soon (note that the limited Legends, the lettered SOD, SOD2..and some that others are expecting since years... are not in the list!)
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/CTGY/CS
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Sorry to post twice in a row, but a question just occurred to me...

Can anyone name the last two or three books actually published by CD?

Actually received and published by CD?

Lonely Road books do not count.
    I got Halloween and Other Seasons by Al Sarrantonio.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Start from top to bottom, that's the release order. Clegg's Afterlife has been the newest release.

Also of note, CD doesn't send anything to the printer unless they think they can make money. That's why the comics hardly ever get published because it's not a cash cow. Too bad, as I think if they released them on a regular schedule they could build up a base of fans. Oh well....
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Did cancel all my order two days ago! Over $500
    No answer yet!!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I got the big "update" email about SOD2 and emailed Mindy back to find out if they had any kind of timeline yet for when the book would actually be done and shipped. I got an almost immediate reply about how the sig pages will be on their way to King and Chadbourne soon, blah blah blah. I replied within minutes that I needed a refund and supplied my order #, amount, date, and payment method. No reply.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 889 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast