Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 889 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to mention a great source of fiber!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks a lot Brian!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Limited editions taste so much better than trade editions! When I used to munch on trade editions, I got so much gas! I think it has something to do with the quality of the paper?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm not kidding though. And you would be surprised at how many hardcover 1sts and S/L books you can fit on a shelf once you get rid of the nasty paper inside!
    And the roughage has to be good for your digestive system. Right?
    You're the doctor Bob!

You guys heard it here first, Dr. Bob says eating your limited edition books is good for your health!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...just watch out for those asbestos Kings and Bradburys.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Hey Ron!

Just another quick follow-up on your question about The Exorcist/Legion.

The printer has confirmed they missed the ribbon requirement on the spec sheets. We totally missed that it was missing on the approval copies, too. We so rarely have a ribbon in the limited, it just never "clicked" that there wasn't one here, which is also how they missed it! Of course, by the time we had approval copies it wouldn't have mattered since we wouldn't have risked damaging the sig sheets, but I would have liked to have noticed it before you.

We're going to email the customers who ordered directly from us about this issue, and offer a $15 off coupon (no min or max purchase) as a make good for the error. We're talking to the printer about how to prevent this in the future since right now we don't have any way of confirming they remembered the ribbon during production. They're usually pretty good about not repeating mistakes, though.

Re: the binding. The printer has confirmed this is one of the "house" black cloth options, but I agree it didn't turn out as nice feeling as I had thought it would when I put the specs together. I was expecting something a little closer to the feel of the red cloth on the Stephen King: The Non-Fiction slipcase. If you compare this to a book like the trade HC of Full Dark, No Stars there's a noticeable difference, but still not quite as much as I would have liked!

Of course, anyone who would rather return the book can certainly do that if the book wasn't what you were expecting, or you're not happy with the final presentation or with the $15 off coupon offer for the lack of the ribbon page marker, etc.

As always, we're taking notes for future projects and we'll be looking into some other cloth options if/when we do the "no DJ" look again! Thanks for your questions and feedback!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    Just spit-balling here, but I was one of the ones lucky enough to order the happenstance slipcase for my edition. Let me tell you the edition was made for a slipcase IMO. Especially the Red case on the black book, Marvelous look!!! I think I only paid $24 for the slipcase.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is maybe a good solution would be to offer a discounted slipcase to customers. The way I understand it the cases were leftovers from another edition so specs and such should be on file, no? It would (hopefully) just be a matter of re-ordering from the manufacturer. If anyone wants to see pics w/SC:

Lousy pic, but you get the idea. I'm sure Brian could do much better. Since this edition did not have a DJ, a slipcase really seems in order!!! The ribbon-marker, which would have been nice, is not a "deal-breaker" to me. If I had a choice between the 2, I'd take the case and pay a few extra bucks in a heartbeat!!!! Which I did!!!! LOL LOL

Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I have net received my shipping notification yet but CD's website has moved Legacies from Coming Soon to Recent Releases. Great way to end the year! I thank all at Cemetery Dance for not giving up on this project!

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I have net received my shipping notification yet but CD's website has moved Legacies from Coming Soon to Recent Releases. Great way to end the year! I thank all at Cemetery Dance for not giving up on this project!
    We thank each and every customer who patiently stood by us during the years it took this project to be completed. Our customers were supportive and showed a ton of faith.

We're now starting to ship the Limited Edition AND the Lettered Edition, and these orders are going to ship a little slower than normal because we are cross checking all of the orders by hand to make sure everyone gets their book at their *current* address since it's been a long time since the orders were placed and folks have obviously moved around. We just want to make sure your book is definitely going to the right place since it's been such a long time coming.

Thanks for your patience!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, if you can't find anyone's current address for shipping, just assume they live with me now.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian if you can't find anyone's current address for shipping, just assume they live with me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Brian, if you can't find anyone's current address for shipping, just assume they live with me now.
    HA!

Best,
    Brian

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Brian, do you think that CD will ever be completely transparent as to all the reasons for LEGACIES being delayed so long? There were rumors of litigation (and other things) so maybe y'all aren't at liberty to be completely open and honest about it. But it would be nice to hear the whole story of a book being delayed over 10 years.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would consider selling mine. I don't think I'll be in the Cronin market in the future. The more I think about the story, the less it impresses me.
    I have to agree with your assessment. Book was a disappointment. I had images of the Stand when i started reading. Alas there is only ONE sai King..... I am pleased to find out that the book is a trilogy and perhaps the future books will flesh out and redeem the otherwise anticlimactic disappointing ending

Brian, do you think that CD will ever be completely transparent as to all the reasons for LEGACIES being delayed so long? There were rumors of litigation (and other things) so maybe y'all aren't at liberty to be completely open and honest about it. But it would be nice to hear the whole story of a book being delayed over 10 years.
    Hi Bob!

There was no litigation of any kind or anything like that. I remember a rumor that a certain author refused to work with us and would never sign the signature sheets -- all while photos of the signed sheets were on the website and we published other books with that author! I wouldn't put much weight on rumors.

As I mentioned a while back, the project was bigger than realized/expected/understood when it was conceived, so there were numerous printing and binding problems, specifically due to the number of tip-ins. There were a lot of false starts including several stretches where we thought we found the right printer or binder to finish the job and they didn't work out for a variety of reasons. There were a lot of lessons learned from this production of this project, which we've applied to make other projects go smoother, and that's really all there is to it.

For example, we're no longer announcing projects until we have a firm production plan and an achievable target date. Blockade Billy was announced three weeks before publication. Pork Pie Hat was announced a month before publication. The Secret Backs of Things, Bone Soup, and Four Rode Out were announced the day they were actually in our warehouse, ready to ship. Full Dark, No Stars was announced two months before publication.

We're working hard to catch-up on any remaining projects that are outstanding, and we're making better decisions about when to announce new projects -- and we're making smarter decisions about which projects to undertake. We're still not perfect, but we're going to continue to do everything we can to improve.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    I have to say that y'all may not be perfect, but y'all have certainly stepped up your game. Y'all have also gone a long way in repairing the breach between CD and existing collectors. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and am no boards other than this one, but I believe that is HUGELY due to your active participation in this discussion.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Brian, as long as you are here and don't seem to mind answering questions: What is the status of the third Christopher Snow novel by Dean Koontz? That is a story that was left hanging and some fans (me) would like to see finished. Or is Koontz the rumored author who no longer wants anything to do with CD?

Brian, as long as you are here and don't seem to mind answering questions: What is the status of the third Christopher Snow novel by Dean Koontz? That is a story that was left hanging and some fans (me) would like to see finished. Or is Koontz the rumored author who no longer wants anything to do with CD?
    I don't actually know the status of Ride the Storm. I know Dean said he was halfway through the manuscript years ago, but I haven't heard about it since. Dean is so prolific, he could write that (and two other books!) next year for all I know.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Brian,
    I have to say that y'all may not be perfect, but y'all have certainly stepped up your game. Y'all have also gone a long way in repairing the breach between CD and existing collectors. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and am no boards other than this one, but I believe that is HUGELY due to your active participation in this discussion.
    Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to address any questions, comments, concerns, or rumors more effectively by communicating directly on here. Of course, I am always happy to answer any questions via email or PM if someone would rather ask something outside of the public forum.

We have lots of big news to come in 2011 -- new books and the rest of the catching up -- and I hope there will be a little something for everyone.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

So 'Legacies' is shipping? It will be interesting to see what happens on the secondary market for this book.

For those who missed my post, we added some additional photos of Legacies with the finished traycases, etc:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/legacies-photos/

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book(s) looks amazing. I didn't order one, but I will be interested to see where the market takes the book.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was unable to order one, but I really hope a gift or trade edition is published. It looks GORGEOUS!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, both editions of LEGACIES look fantastic. Personally I like the look of the Limited Edition even better than the Lettered.

Wish I had a LEGACIES coming!
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-31-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: correction

For those who are interested, we posted a year-end letter thanking our collectors and summarizing what we published in 2010:

"As most of you know, Cemetery Dance has come a long way since Richard Chizmar founded the magazine in his college apartment in 1988, but we're still a small business with only four full-time employees, and we wanted to take a moment to thank all of the customers who supported us this year. Although we shipped more than 65,000 orders between January 1st and today, we still recognized a lot of the customer names on those packing lists and that's always a great feeling.

We thought this might be a good time to look back on the crazy and extremely productive year we had. When all was said and done, we published new books by Stephen King, William Peter Blatty, Peter Straub, Justin Cronin, Norman Partridge, F. Paul Wilson, Brian Keene, Christopher Golden, Ronald Kelly, Simon Clark, Tim Lebbon, Tom Piccirilli, Edward Lee, Rick Hautala, Al Sarrantonio, and many other masters of horror. In fact, we published 35 collectible books in 2010, which makes it one of our most successful years to date!

We started the year by..."

You can read the rest, if you want, on our Breaking News page:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

Thanks to all of our collectors who made this such a successful year! We hope you'll like what we have in store for 2011 because, in addition to the rest of the catching up we have to finish, we have some really great surprises.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cemetery Dance needs more Edward Lee!

Last I heard, "Lucifer's Lottery" (the 4th and final Infernal book) didn't have a publisher for the hardcover. CD did do the first three books in the series... just sayin'!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 889 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast