Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you'll be able to get some of your money back from the printer, too.

John

Traveler MarkHarrill is on a distinguished road

Did anyone order 2 copies of Full Dark No Stars and only receive one copy? I had two orders placed (one for a single copy and one for two copies). Both orders arrived on the same day in the same size box with one label showing 7lb and one label showing 4lb. Both had a single book enclosed.

I have been unsuccessful communicating with them about this and even sent pictures of the package.

After a lot of good luck with CD this year, I have had two straight mis-shipments. I think the temps might not be the best at QC.

Thoughts?

Traveler MarkHarrill is on a distinguished road

And now the problem is solved. Mindy says another copy is forthcoming. Can't believe I have gotten hooked on these books.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard, Mark. Please post often!

John

Hey guys!

Mindy and I were answering emails all weekend long and we're back in the office today. Mindy is working through her emails as fast as she can, but she received approximately 800 emails over the weekend, plus another 250 orders to process, so we appreciate your patience while we keep digging out. If you have any problems with your shipments, just drop her (or me!) a line and we'll help you out as quickly as we can. It may take a little while, but we'll get your order made right.

By the way, how's this for one month's pub list:

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
    The Exorcist and Legion by William Peter Blatty
    The Passage by Justin Cronin
    Tales Too Extreme For Cemetery Dance (featuring JA Konrath, Edward Lee, Graham Masterton, Robert Rhine, and Ray Garton)
    The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman
    Shivers 6 edited by Richard Chizmar (and featuring "The Crate" by Stephen King)

Not a bad way to end the year, I think!

Thanks again to everyone who has helped make 2010 one of our best years ever. We have some very cool surprises in store for you in 2011!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Hey Ron!

Just another quick follow-up on your question about The Exorcist/Legion.

The printer has confirmed they missed the ribbon requirement on the spec sheets. We totally missed that it was missing on the approval copies, too. We so rarely have a ribbon in the limited, it just never "clicked" that there wasn't one here, which is also how they missed it! Of course, by the time we had approval copies it wouldn't have mattered since we wouldn't have risked damaging the sig sheets, but I would have liked to have noticed it before you.

We're going to email the customers who ordered directly from us about this issue, and offer a $15 off coupon (no min or max purchase) as a make good for the error. We're talking to the printer about how to prevent this in the future since right now we don't have any way of confirming they remembered the ribbon during production. They're usually pretty good about not repeating mistakes, though.

Re: the binding. The printer has confirmed this is one of the "house" black cloth options, but I agree it didn't turn out as nice feeling as I had thought it would when I put the specs together. I was expecting something a little closer to the feel of the red cloth on the Stephen King: The Non-Fiction slipcase. If you compare this to a book like the trade HC of Full Dark, No Stars there's a noticeable difference, but still not quite as much as I would have liked!

Of course, anyone who would rather return the book can certainly do that if the book wasn't what you were expecting, or you're not happy with the final presentation or with the $15 off coupon offer for the lack of the ribbon page marker, etc.

As always, we're taking notes for future projects and we'll be looking into some other cloth options if/when we do the "no DJ" look again! Thanks for your questions and feedback!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't order The Exorcist/Legion but IMO a $15 credit is equitable.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hi Brian,

Well, talk about forthright answers! I do appreciate it. I'm surprised to hear that the binding is considered "cloth", and I guess it is in some fashion- just not a real great one . Honestly, I could care less about the ribbon bookmark, but appreciate CD going so far as to send a credit for it. I'll keep the book, but will probably end up having it rebound someday. I really liked the "idea" of how I expected it to look, and was kind of thrown when it arrived. Another minor quibble is the stamping is gold on black "boards", where the silver, as pictured on the website, just looks better as well.

Ok. I'm done. On to better news- also received the FDNS gift ed., and that one you knocked out of the park! Very pleased with this book all the way around. Here's to more like it!

Thanks again,

Ron

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, i got the e-mail about the missing pagemarker today and was ofcourse dissapointed by it. I was even more dissapointed to read that the 15 dollar store credit cannot be used on Stephen King books. Why is that? I realise that I have the option of cancelling my order (since it now no longer is what I originally ordered), but still it would have been more decent of CD not to exclude Stephen King from this store credit.
    Last edited by marc; 12-27-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Hi, i got the e-mail about the missing pagemarker today and was ofcourse dissapointed by it. I was even more dissapointed to read that the 15 dollar store credit cannot be used on Stephen King books. Why is that? I realise that I have the option of cancelling my order (since it now no longer is what I originally ordered), but still it would have been more decent of CD not to exclude Stephen King from this store credit.
    Hi Marc,

We never allow store credit, Gift Certificates, or coupons on books by Stephen King.

If you no longer want The Exorcist/Legion because it doesn't have a ribbon page marker or for any other reason, please email Mindy to cancel your order or return the book. We feel the $15 coupon was more than fair considering the nature of the snafu with the book, but we're happy to accept any returns and offer them to the Waiting List if you don't feel that it was fair enough.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If you provide the $15 coupon to Marc so he CAN buy a Stephen King-related book (or whatever), nobody else will ever know...so it's not like you'd be setting a precedent...but at least he would be happy and not complain on a public forum...and that assumes he actually uses the $15 on an SK book....he probably wouldn't; rather, like many gift certificates, he probably woudn't use it at all.

This was a publisher's screwup (not really your fault, but still)....I'd say you could do a little better than "hey, send it back if you don't like it." You're the ones who advertised the page-ribbon; it's not like people were begging for it.

You could have chosen the "simple customer satisfaction" answer, but you chose the "let's extend this controversey into multiple posts on a message board" answer...sorry to be snarky, but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkHarrill View Post
    And now the problem is solved. Mindy says another copy is forthcoming. Can't believe I have gotten hooked on these books.
    It's easy to get hooked, isn't it?

Sorry again to hear about the trouble with your shipment. You're 100% correct -- we're shipping a lot of books this month (more than 5,000 copies from our new titles alone!) and our helpers do make mistakes (just like any human being!), but they do their best and we definitely want to make sure you're happy with your purchase and get what you're owed.

If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to contact Mindy or myself! Thanks again for your order and your patience!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Jeez, look at all the hassle I've caused Website descriptions altered, coupons and apologies issued, people unhappy, messageboard unrest! Like I said, I couldn't care less about a dumb bookmark- I just wanted the thing in nice cloth. Can't help feeling like if it wasn't for my post- it all would've passed by unnoticed.

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Some people do care about a dumb bookmark swintek. It wouldn't have passed by unnoticed. Futher, Rahfa's post is right on the mark. I would have used the coupon and I would've used it on a Stephen King book (probably the same day). And it's not just about what is legally the right thing to do, it's also/foremost about making your customer happy.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Jeez, look at all the hassle I've caused messageboard unrest!
    Message board unrest? Ron, it is what we live for!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And I still have not received my shipment of Full Dark for Betts Books...sigh

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Some people do care about a dumb bookmark swintek. It wouldn't have passed by unnoticed. Futher, Rahfa's post is right on the mark. I would have used the coupon and I would've used it on a Stephen King book (probably the same day). And it's not just about what is legally the right thing to do, it's also/foremost about making your customer happy.
    Marc,

If you'd like to contact me off the message board, I'd be happy to discuss this matter further with you. Please email me with your contact information. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone please tell me how many illustrations are in the RIDING THE BULLET deluxe special edition?

edit : i found the answer;
    "Riding the Bullet has three color glossy pieces by Alan M. Clark that are hand-tipped into the novella section. Bernie Wrightson's art gallery on the movie side has 13 drawings and sketches."
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Can someone please tell me how many illustrations are in the RIDING THE BULLET deluxe special edition?
    Of course! There are three color pieces by Alan M. Clark on the novella side. There are 13 sketches and drawings by Bernie Wrightson in his Art Gallery on the script side. There are also 29 photos from the filming of the movie with captions by Mick Garris on the script side, along with 22 pages of various scans from Mick's private notebook kept during production (notes on script pages, a sample from the storyboards, production plans, set diagrams, etc.)

There are samples of those "bonus features" here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books.../features.html

Some of Bernie's artwork can be previewed here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books.../artwork1.html

And Alan's color pieces can be previewed here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books.../artwork2.html

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always just use a post-it for bookmarks.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I always rip out the pages that I've read.

(and eat them with some fava beans and a nice chianti)

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    And I still have not received my shipment of Full Dark for Betts Books...sigh
    Even I've got mine, today, in the mail! What a difference compared to the Blockade Billy shipping-time (2 months).
    Way to go! Yeah, I know, BB was 5 times the amount for CD.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I always rip out the pages that I've read.

(and eat them with some fava beans and a nice chianti)
    Hahahahhahaaa! Thanks, Michaël, I haven't laughed that hard all week.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not kidding though. And you would be surprised at how many hardcover 1sts and S/L books you can fit on a shelf once you get rid of the nasty paper inside!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm not kidding though. And you would be surprised at how many hardcover 1sts and S/L books you can fit on a shelf once you get rid of the nasty paper inside!
    And the roughage has to be good for your digestive system. Right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 889 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast