+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 889 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Default Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Secretary of Dreams Lettered

Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-24-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: merged CD discussion threads, renamed thread

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep us posted, I would sure like to know too.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

CD sucks when it comes to their Lettereds. they do not place much of an importance on them, and they wait forever before they release them.

Honestly I don't know why they bother with Lettereds, as they are so slow with them.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I know. I should expect this by now.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So continues the saga of disappointed collectors when dealing with CD

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

And I thought we had to wait a long time for the numbered editions...wow.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm due one of these also...
    i'm also waiting on lettereds of CENTURY'S BEST and DARK FORCES
    and all my PS purchases still.
    patience is a virtue...
    i sure am one virtuous SOB 4 sure

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't there be an obligation not to collect funds for book II, before the Lettered book I is issued?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Shouldn't there be an obligation not to collect funds for book II, before the Lettered book I is issued?
    Some publishers have no shame.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Some publishers have no shame.

You don't say!

I just got a flyer in the mail from CD and to my chagrin they talk about the laqtest missing CD Magazine and why they are late - a legitimate excuse I see, BUT they decide to give everyone that is getting it the next one for free - Whoopie Pickle! I already have a lifetime subscription - by my best calculations I figure that means I do not get one for free.

yes Virginia, there is no Santa Claus (located at this small press/publisher in baltimore, MD) ! :-) RC must be related to Fred Claus instead! or the Grinch!

And Thank God I never got into collecting Lettered Editions!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only got 2 CD lettered editions (A Richard Laymon and an Edward Lee) and that's only because I got a screaming good deal on them. Other than the binding, ribbon, and (fairly standard) traycase, I don't see the need to go that extra dollar.

The "rarity" of them is really where the price is.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Price would be why I don't have any.

I love the Cemetary Dance books, they're well done, and i'll get more when I can afford em. I do have Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished, and I love it. However, I'll wait until AFTER the books are DEFINITELY out, and order from what's left. I know better than to place an advance order with em.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'll preorder Cemetary Dance books, but with the understanding that they will take MUCH longer to be published than what CD says. If they state that a title will be due in Spring, 2008, for example, I won't expect to even start looking for it until at least Winter of that year. And I won't be surprised when it takes even longer than that. Granted, their requiring prepayment for upcoming titles is annoying, but as long as you understand that the book will come out, eventually, sometime, hopefully, you won't be TOO disappointed.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am with ya on that one John. When I do get my books its always a nice surprise and I can tell my wife not to worry they have been paid for for quite some time! And I have never had a problem with the quality!

Spoiler:

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the quality of CD books. Just their standard S/L books are great alone! Good binding, quality material, etc.

I've probably got 25 or more of their books. I'll have many more in the future!!!

As for pre-order, I don't think I've done that yet, but if I do, I figure that the books will either come out at some point, or we'll get refunded. I know from some friends that Bev's book took forever!!!!

I bought mine after the fact.

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes.
    Holy Shit, I assume that we're talking about Vol 1?! This is what, 2 years from the intial pre-order? This is why I only ordered the trade edition of Vol 2.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Did CD ever state an expected date on any of the editions of Volume 2? I paid for the numbered, but I didn't even bother looking to see when they thought they might issue the book.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't find any mention of the publication date. Here's the CD link:

Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In many ways, no mention of a publication date feels the most honest. Kudos to CD for not setting unrealistic expectations.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When they emailed me to ask if I wanted to buy the signed with the same number as my Vol 1, I though it mentioned a "Spring '08" release. But you can take that at face value.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just reviewed all my CD emails regarding Secretary of Dreams 2 (yes, I kept them all) and I see no mention of a date in any of them.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here as John. I have found no mention. But as I posted above, that's ok with me for now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If it comes in 2008 (late at best), that's fine, but I wouldn't be suprised at an early '09 release.
    If it's 2010, at that point I would be very upset.

Country
    Country Flag

I was able to pre-order this through Horror-Mall, which is a new site from Delirium and Bloodletting books and they have it as a 6/08 release.

https://www.horror-mall.com/store/
    Last edited by midnightrambler34; 12-19-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: bad link

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

6/08 is early! IMHO

I just figured it would be faster thatn Vol I as they have the peripheral stuff done - the tray cases, etc.

I hope they are the same! Would look pretty stupid if they are different.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 889 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast