Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 890 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 524 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I certainly won't be forking out the money for the lettered edition.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But what's the book?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't matter. It will be less than the issue price in 3 months.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Doesn't matter. It will be less than the issue price in 3 months.
    Precisely. Could not agree more.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not very exciting, it's Riding the Bullet. You get King's novella and the Mick Garris screenplay. Plus photos of the movie and production notes. King is only signing the Lettered Edition (which I won't buy at $750). Bernie Wrightson is doing the artwork.
    Geoff

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    It's not very exciting, it's Riding the Bullet. You get King's novella and the Mick Garris screenplay. Plus photos of the movie and production notes. King is only signing the Lettered Edition (which I won't buy at $750). Bernie Wrightson is doing the artwork.
    I feel a little different about it. I'm tickled that Bernie jumped on this project. I enjoyed the story also.

Look forward to seeing what Bernie has planned for this.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I feel a little different about it. I'm tickled that Bernie jumped on this project. I enjoyed the story also.

Look forward to seeing what Bernie has planned for this.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I actually liked the story and movie, but there isn't anything new by King, it's more a Mick Garris book, as his stuff is all new.

But I did buy it, as I have all 3 books by Lonely Road so far, and the Clegg one on pre-order, so there's no reason not to have a complete set. I've liked the production job they've done so far with their books: much better than CD.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, but I have zero interest in this title. Nevermind if King were sgning the S/L, I still wouldn't want it. Nothing new or special about this release that I see.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually...I'm probably buying the gift edition. I kinda like wrightson's artwork and I have something with Riding the bullet...have all the editions except the korean one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like this one's right up your alley Ari. Good luck getting the Korean edition too.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I too am passing. A year after it is realsed (which I am guessing will be the year 2012), it will be selling for cover price or less on ebay.

I like CD's books, but I am tired of the waiting.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I passed also. I like the quality of work that LR puts into their books, but I just don't have much interest in this one.

I'll get one on the secondhand market as well, if it is something I feel need to have.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I too am passing. A year after it is realsed (which I am guessing will be the year 2012), it will be selling for cover price or less on ebay.

I like CD's books, but I am tired of the waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I passed also. I like the quality of work that LR puts into their books, but I just don't have much interest in this one.

I'll get one on the secondhand market as well, if it is something I feel need to have.
    I do agree that the limited (not signed by King) and/or the gift edition will be found for publish price or less on Ebay. However, I don't agree the Lettered Edition (signed by King) will be found for less.

When I found out Bernie jumped on this project, I jumped in myself. I'm pretty sure the Lettered will have some different artwork added.

Ahhhhhhh....The Power of Art

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually...I'm probably buying the gift edition. I kinda like wrightson's artwork and I have something with Riding the bullet...have all the editions except the korean one.
    Hanbooks.com It's on sale for $10.42
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree that the limited (not signed by King) and/or the gift edition will be found for publish price or less on Ebay. However, I don't agree the Lettered Edition (signed by King) will be found for less.
    How many lettereds are they doing? If it is 26 they will probably hold their value but the editions with 52 lettered copies.....not so much.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

How many lettereds are they doing? If it is 26 they will probably hold their value but the editions with 52 lettered copies.....not so much.
    52 Lettered

Now I'm not saying the value is going to go through the roof. I'm saying I don't think the value will drop below publish price. There is more than 52 completest of Kings limiteds, signatures, lettered, etc. in the market.

Unfortunately, I'm one of them

Now please excuse me, I'm late for my KA(Kings Anonymous) meeting.

Hello everyone...I'm Ralph.....HELLO RALPH...

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although it is kind of neat, I too won't be buying this one.

As for the future value of the lettered, it will depend on the issue price. If its $500+ I don't think it can hold at that value.

This is what seems to happen with Subterranean Press' lettered editions - theres nothing special about them but they charge $500, way more than the market can handle in the first place. Not to get off topic, but that is ONE thing I have appreciated from CD, their lettered editions are usually only $150-$200 for the simple style editions.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now please excuse me, I'm late for my KA (Kings Anonymous) meeting.

Hello everyone...I'm Ralph.....HELLO RALPH...

Country
    Country Flag

I had only the Complete Concordance still on order with CD and I just canceled that one.

Will update on how long it takes to get a refund.

I figure I'll wait til its released, if ever and then try to find a PC copy of the lettered edition to match the PC copy of the lettered edition of Road to the Dark Tower that I'm on the hunt for.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Did texgunslinger ever tell us how his refund request from the good folks at Cemetery Dance went? Did he get his refund? Did I miss it?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, surprise surprise, still no refund. I had a response from Mindy within a few hours telling me she'd "look into it" and haven't heard a word since despite several emails.

What she has to look into I don't know, when I requested my refund I did so by reply to my original (now two year old) order email. Its not like they give an option to not pre-pay so just what is she looking into?

If the $70 will put them under? As pathetic as CD is, I don't think they are in that dire of straits. But I guess if they do this to enough customers its just money remaining in their pockets... so... live and learn I guess.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You'll get refunded eventually, I'm sure, but it's still aggravating while you're waiting...

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not concerned that I won't get refunded, I know I eventually will, but you're right, its really frustrating.

They've had my money for two years for a book that was "At the Printer" two years ago.

Then, Mindy has the time to email me back but not to take 30 extra seconds and actually issue the refund.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I did it simple: no reply? I emailed back and said that if my refund isn't completed within that week, I'm contacting King's office to let them know.

That WORKS!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give them until Friday and go from there, but if playing hardball is what it takes, then play hardball I will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 890 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 524 ... LastLast