Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 634 of 890 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 632 633 634 635 636 644 684 734 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,850 of 22234

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.
    I'm guessing you purchased it on the aftermarket as I don't show you having bought an AE from us. I'd suggest contacting the person you bought it from as that's who I would've given #443 to.
    Yes, I bought it from David @ Betts, so I'll drop him a note when I get a chance. I had sent Mindy a note a couple of months back and she thought you might still be able to match it. Weird thing is the request is on the packing slip but crossed out in pencil.

With Carrie, I had bought from David as well and you guys were able to match. If I do that with future ones, is there a better way to communicate the information to you guys?
    They probably crossed it out when they realized it was already going to David.

I have been purchasing the series from David. I simply order from him and he matches the number. Is there some reason you don't want to purchase from David?
    No, but I had already ordered the portfolio from CD by the time I got the book from David. I thought cancelling the order with CD and re-ordering with David would make things more complicated. Live and learn!
    J-

Just emailed you back. I got #443 two days ago and HAPPY to swap with you!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.
    I'm guessing you purchased it on the aftermarket as I don't show you having bought an AE from us. I'd suggest contacting the person you bought it from as that's who I would've given #443 to.
    Yes, I bought it from David @ Betts, so I'll drop him a note when I get a chance. I had sent Mindy a note a couple of months back and she thought you might still be able to match it. Weird thing is the request is on the packing slip but crossed out in pencil.

With Carrie, I had bought from David as well and you guys were able to match. If I do that with future ones, is there a better way to communicate the information to you guys?
    They probably crossed it out when they realized it was already going to David.

I have been purchasing the series from David. I simply order from him and he matches the number. Is there some reason you don't want to purchase from David?
    No, but I had already ordered the portfolio from CD by the time I got the book from David. I thought cancelling the order with CD and re-ordering with David would make things more complicated. Live and learn!
    J-

Just emailed you back. I got #443 two days ago and HAPPY to swap with you!!!
    Great, thanks so much!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I just opened my Salem's portfolio, beautiful production, but I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't receive a matching number. I had requested #58 as I bought #58 from David at Betts. The request was on the invoice 'match #58,' obviously annotated by Mindy in the system months and months ago when I emailed her explaining why I was requesting #58, but it was actually crossed off in ink by hand, as if to say 'Ahh, yes, you requested #58, but we're sending you #331, so I'll just go ahead and cross that off so that the invoice is accurate.' Like it wasn't even a mistake. Maybe it went to David anyway? I'll send him a message.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I just opened my Salem's portfolio, beautiful production, but I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't receive a matching number. I had requested #58 as I bought #58 from David at Betts. The request was on the invoice 'match #58,' obviously annotated by Mindy in the system months and months ago when I emailed her explaining why I was requesting #58, but it was actually crossed off in ink by hand, as if to say 'Ahh, yes, you requested #58, but we're sending you #331, so I'll just go ahead and cross that off so that the invoice is accurate.' Like it wasn't even a mistake. Maybe it went to David anyway? I'll send him a message.
    Look upthread. This already happened.

David has a block of numbers that he has been purchasing from the beginning. Those numbers will continue to go to him as long as he wants them.

I am purchasing the series #541 from David. I will continue to purchase this number from David.

I am also purchasing the series #75 from CD. I will continue to purchase this number from CD as well.

If you buy from a reseller then you must continue purchasing from the reseller to match numbers. That goes for Bett's or Camelot or whoever.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

David has a block of numbers that he has been purchasing from the beginning. Those numbers will continue to go to him as long as he wants them.

I am purchasing the series #541 from David. I will continue to purchase this number from David.

I am also purchasing the series #75 from CD. I will continue to purchase this number from CD as well.

If you buy from a reseller then you must continue purchasing from the reseller to match numbers. That goes for Bett's or Camelot or whoever.
    Thanks for the info, br!an. David doesn't have it, although he's still waiting on some. So I guess I'm going to get random numbers on my other Doubleday series preorders through CD. Goddamnit. I opened up the Salem's portfolio as a palate cleanser after eating an 8000 dollar tax bill. Didn't work out the way I planned.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, br!an. David doesn't have it, although he's still waiting on some. So I guess I'm going to get random numbers on my other Doubleday series preorders through CD. Goddamnit. I opened up the Salem's portfolio as a palate cleanser after eating an 8000 dollar tax bill. Didn't work out the way I planned.
    I think David knows the numbers he has on order. Yours might have been a consignment and not one that Bett's ordered.

Yeah, we can't just give a customer someone else's number because they ask for it. Mindy doesn't look over each request as it comes in because there's no way to do that without printing all of the orders, etc. So everyone who requests 1, 19, and 666 are often disappointed because we can't give 20 different people those numbers.

If you buy something from a retailer, you are getting a number that is assigned to that retailer. So we cannot give you that retailer's number on something else unless you've already had him contact us about swapping that number out for him on that particular item. Otherwise, all we know is you asked for a number that was assigned to someone else, so that someone else gets the number and you do not.

Hope this information helps!

Also, in your specific case, it sounds like David is aware of the situation and has emailed Dan to see what we can do, so someone will be in touch.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, we can't just give a customer someone else's number because they ask for it. Mindy doesn't look over each request as it comes in because there's no way to do that without printing all of the orders, etc. So everyone who requests 1, 19, and 666 are often disappointed because we can't give 20 different people those numbers.

If you buy something from a retailer, you are getting a number that is assigned to that retailer. So we cannot give you that retailer's number on something else unless you've already had him contact us about swapping that number out for him on that particular item. Otherwise, all we know is you asked for a number that was assigned to someone else, so that someone else gets the number and you do not.

Hope this information helps!

Also, in your specific case, it sounds like David is aware of the situation and has emailed Dan to see what we can do, so someone will be in touch.

Brian
    Yep this is 100% accurate. Whoever purchased what the number is supposed to be matched against (in this case the Salem's Lot Artist Edition) get's priority, unless they come and tell me they don't need or want that number anymore. As far as #58 goes, that is still on my list of ones to send to David. I haven't sent his copies yet because (as mentioned earlier) I am waiting on Glenn to redo remarque sheets for us. So David will have #58, he just doesn't have it yet.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I thought the person who actually had the number of the previously issued line had rights to the number? I was under the impression that is you had more than one request for a certain number, you asked who actually had that number of (in this Carrie).

It sounds like you match numbers to the original buyer whether they request it on their order or not and regardless of whether others tell you they have the original number now?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I guess I thought the person who actually had the number of the previously issued line had rights to the number? I was under the impression that is you had more than one request for a certain number, you asked who actually had that number of (in this Carrie).

It sounds like you match numbers to the original buyer whether they request it on their order or not and regardless of whether others tell you they have the original number now?
    The portfolios are a bit more complicated, because there are people trying to match to the Carrie portfolio and there are people trying to match to the Salem's Lot book. People with the book get prefrence over the Carrie portfolio. I can only match what my records show though, so if you bought a book on the aftermarket I don't know that I only know that the other person who requested that number bought the book from us.

This case is a bit different though as retailers always get the same numbers, unless that retailer comes to me and says they don't need a specific number anymore, because the retailers are trying to sell the matching sets to the customers that are already buying from them. So if you buy something from say Dave at Bett's but then buy the next one directly from us, you need to talk to Dave and ask him if he is willing to pass that number back to you, then he needs to contact me. Otherwise he's gonna get that number every time.

This is not the case. With this project I don't match anyone who didn't request a number, so in this case when there are duplicate requests I choose the person who got the book from us.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness, anybody could just claim to be the owner of a particular number. I would be pretty pissed if someone blagged my Doubleday Years number #1, by simply claiming ownership. It is much safer all round, for CD to allocate numbers to the original owners. Any transfer of rights to a particular number can be resolved afterwards between the third parties concerned.

Country
    Country Flag

The portfolios are a bit more complicated, because there are people trying to match to the Carrie portfolio and there are people trying to match to the Salem's Lot book. People with the book get prefrence over the Carrie portfolio. I can only match what my records show though, so if you bought a book on the aftermarket I don't know that I only know that the other person who requested that number bought the book from us.

This case is a bit different though as retailers always get the same numbers, unless that retailer comes to me and says they don't need a specific number anymore, because the retailers are trying to sell the matching sets to the customers that are already buying from them. So if you buy something from say Dave at Bett's but then buy the next one directly from us, you need to talk to Dave and ask him if he is willing to pass that number back to you, then he needs to contact me. Otherwise he's gonna get that number every time.
    David is a retailer. He has continued to request the same numbers. Because he is the original customer, and he requested the numbers, he gets his numbers.

If he stopped requesting them, they would be available to anyone. If he notifies CD that he no longer wants the number and that another person should have it, they would get it.

I think that if people are going to purchase from a retailer, they should continue to purchase from that retailer. Asking them to give up the number is asking them to give up future profits. I'm having no problem at all buying the series from Bett's.

If you buy from some random seller, on eBay for example, be sure that you get the rights to the number.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just joined the new CDCC Half-Year club. Great idea, Brian, Dan, Mindy, and that other guy!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

David is a retailer. He has continued to request the same numbers. Because he is the original customer, and he requested the numbers, he gets his numbers.

If he stopped requesting them, they would be available to anyone. If he notifies CD that he no longer wants the number and that another person should have it, they would get it.

I think that if people are going to purchase from a retailer, they should continue to purchase from that retailer. Asking them to give up the number is asking them to give up future profits. I'm having no problem at all buying the series from Bett's.

If you buy from some random seller, on eBay for example, be sure that you get the rights to the number.
    i agree with everything said here, except when the vendor decides to increase the price for some unknown reason. As a vendor, i believe they get a discounted price and then sell retail price to the collector. One vendor has increased their prices on the books they are receiving to profit above and beyond the retail price. I wish they would give my number back to the publisher. I am not forced to buy the book, but i have 5 books in the series and hate to lose that number because they are increasing their prices by 1/3 above retail. Contacting the publisher did not help because they dont want to STOP sending the retailer their allotted numbers. Just griping and its not CD or BETTS.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If we joined this years CDCC last September, is there any reason to also join the half year club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    If we joined this years CDCC last September, is there any reason to also join the half year club?
    Only if you want to get every email twice. The half-year folks do not receive the physical bonus items the full-year folks do. So anyone who signed up back in September got a much better deal in the long run, I think!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for confirming Brian! I'm okay with one copy of the emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will the 1/2 Year CDCC encompass both Sleeping Beauties and The Stand? Are there any other SK books/portfolios/remarque offerings that will be covered by this? What about a 50% Gift Cert. opportunity? McCammon is tempting too if I have the funds! Sounds like a good deal!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Will the 1/2 Year CDCC encompass both Sleeping Beauties and The Stand? Are there any other SK books/portfolios/remarque offerings that will be covered by this? What about a 50% Gift Cert. opportunity? McCammon is tempting too if I have the funds! Sounds like a good deal!
    No one knows that;s the gamble with collectors club. You have no idea what is coming down the line or when but you are hoping that there is something awesome that you get early access to. We lucked out this year with GBB and a few other items for King collecting but I get an almost weekly deal with discounts and early access to just about anything you can think of from CD items to other publishers' books and even shirts. I am really hoping the 50% cert comes before the Sleeping Beauties and that we get early access to both but that's a gamble I am willing to take for the entry fee.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    No one knows that;s the gamble with collectors club. You have no idea what is coming down the line or when but you are hoping that there is something awesome that you get early access to. We lucked out this year with GBB and a few other items for King collecting but I get an almost weekly deal with discounts and early access to just about anything you can think of from CD items to other publishers' books and even shirts. I am really hoping the 50% cert comes before the Sleeping Beauties and that we get early access to both but that's a gamble I am willing to take for the entry fee.
    I can confirm that THE STAND won't be in time for the current club because NIGHT SHIFT still needs to be officially announced and I won't let Richard do that until after THE SHINING has finally shipped and after we get the "OK" on my proposed bonus items. (Fingers crossed on that OK, ha!)

SLEEPING BEAUTIES will be announced during the current membership, although the discount we can offer is contractually limited. That said, the CDCC will get the only discount we offer for this particular doorstop of a book, and CDCC members will be notified before the general public.

The three new McCammon books will definitely be offered early to the current membership, with discounts.

Same for the STRANGE WEATHER Limited Edition, which I am just bursting to talk to about. We've been working on it for a while and it might be my favorite production in a long time.

(Wait, the sketches for SLEEPING BEAUTIES just arrived... now THAT has taken over as "my favorite production in a long time." In all seriousness, Owen suggested an artist for the book, whom we had never worked with before, and this will be a VERY different looking book for us, very different than the trade edition, and I'm really cannot wait until we can share more info!)

Okay, I've said too much for now... Hope this helps!

Best,
    Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Please, please, PLEASE...don't release all on the same month

Just that. I'll buy everything!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Well, I had been planning on announcing them all on the same day, but I guess I'll space them out a bit.

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Well, I had been planning on announcing them all on the same day, but I guess I'll space them out a bit.

Brian
    LOL That's a relief!

Now seriously: an incredible year is coming for CD and us!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    i agree with everything said here, except when the vendor decides to increase the price for some unknown reason. As a vendor, i believe they get a discounted price and then sell retail price to the collector. One vendor has increased their prices on the books they are receiving to profit above and beyond the retail price. I wish they would give my number back to the publisher. I am not forced to buy the book, but i have 5 books in the series and hate to lose that number because they are increasing their prices by 1/3 above retail. Contacting the publisher did not help because they dont want to STOP sending the retailer their allotted numbers. Just griping and its not CD or BETTS.
    For what it's worth I don't think any of our vendors have ever been unwilling to swap. You need to talk to the vendor though and make sure they contact us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 634 of 890 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 632 633 634 635 636 644 684 734 ... LastLast