Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 874 of 890 FirstFirst ... 374 774 824 864 872 873 874 875 876 884 ... LastLast
Results 21,826 to 21,850 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post
    For the next 2-3 years, The Stand will be (a) rolling at the printer, my favorite; (b) waiting for a signature; or (c) going for another round of proofreading.
    Absolutely not. When Brian F. was still working for CD he made it known the book(s) wouldn't be announced till practically ready for the printer.
    2023 Will be the year we have them in hand.

sk
    BJF runs his own business this way and it's been so refreshing. CD, not so much. And Brian doesn't require payment upfront. Also refreshing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the next 2-3 years, The Stand will be (a) rolling at the printer, my favorite; (b) waiting for a signature; or (c) going for another round of proofreading.
    100%
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Sad, but likely true. The optimist in me hopes the gift edition is almost ready; the cynic suspects the recent round of order placements was for revenue to pay off outstanding debt.
    The latter for sure. You're not a cynic but a realist.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When Brian F. was still working for CD he made it known the book(s) wouldn't be announced till practically ready for the printer.
    The thing is, CD hasn't "officially" announced it yet, so we may not be quite there.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    When Brian F. was still working for CD he made it known the book(s) wouldn't be announced till practically ready for the printer.
    The thing is, CD hasn't "officially" announced it yet, so we may not be quite there.
    Ah, this is very true! All of the preorders have been "private" thus far. Hey, I'm with... "everybody" on this; frustrated that it's taken soooo goddamn long, and- can't wait to have it in my hands when it finally is done. I really, really love these CD SK DD editions. They've done a remarkable job on all of them and I'm sure THE STAND will be no exception. But, yeah... uhhh... what's the ridiculous holdup?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed : the book has been shared on CD"s newsletter BUT it's not even showing on the homepage of their website.
    Nor their news

So far, the preorders have all been kinda private
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The general update of the production page has finally been updated.
    Although it still says december for the last update !

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Among other things :
    "Other Cemetery Dance books currently at the printer in various stages of production include CARETAKERS (Tabitha King), DMV (Bentley Little), A FACE IN THE CROWD/THE LONGEST DECEMBER (Stephen King & Stewart O’Nan/Richard Chizmar), and STEPHEN KING REVISITED – just to mention a few. These titles will hopefully be ready to go in March and April. We plan to spend most of the Spring and Summer catching up on overdue titles from our hardcover list. THE STAND (Stephen King) will see print during the Fall, and the final book in the Doubleday Series, PET SEMATARY will be announced later this year."
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Let's have fun analyzing what "see print" might mean.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The production updates page mentions Paul Tremblay’s Disappearance at Devil's Rock (in which I may have an interest), but a search of the site shows nothing for it - is it possible they haven't listed it yet?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Agreed : the book has been shared on CD"s newsletter BUT it's not even showing on the homepage of their website.
    Nor their news

Are we talking about The Stand here? The book is in the Stephen King section. It's where I bought mine. The link in the newsletter took you directly to the product page but you could've gotten to it from the CD homepage too.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“Our slipcase manufacturer is busy working on custom slipcases for THE GWENDY TRILOGY and BILLY SUMMERS, as well as several other Stephen King titles. In addition, both of our traycase makers are overloaded with Cemetery Dance projects, including the traycases for the lettered editions of THE SCREAM FACTORY, USHER’S PASSING, NIGHT SHIFT, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE, and FLIGHT OR FRIGHT. Cases are also in the queue for the limited and lettered editions of GWENDY’S FINAL TASK. All of these titles will see print this year.”

And delivered I hope.

Positive news.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Nor their news

Are we talking about The Stand here? The book is in the Stephen King section. It's where I bought mine. The link in the newsletter took you directly to the product page but you could've gotten to it from the CD homepage too.

Yes, links brought to the product page directly
    But isn't it odd that the book is not linked directly from the hp?
    Contrary to the other Stephen King titles? (although those are in stock, as they aren't a limited edition)

I guess it could be argued that it wouldnt be worth putting it on the hp if it's for selling out quickly and then have to take it out

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just received an email detailing Holly new book, and the links give dates, and isbn, but I can’t see an announcement anywhere?

They are selling the book and slipcase. They got a scoop?

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Just received an email detailing Holly new book, and the links give dates, and isbn, but I can’t see an announcement anywhere?

They are selling the book and slipcase. They got a scoop?
    Overlook Connection sent an email with preorder last week (and of course the option of a Chadbourne remark). I asked the same question then. It does look like CD listed the publication date as September 2023, so that's a little more info

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I requested a refund for my Gwendy Final Task Limited I ordered a while ago. Got my money back right away which is nice. Hopefully someone who wants it can pick it up. It's a bit painful to give up a signed SK but Gwendy series is far from my favorite, I realized I just don't want it that much

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I have a lot of 5 Cemetery Dance unfolded dust jackets, free to a good home in the U.S. only (due to shipping costs). I bought them at one point thinking I was going to do something with them, but they've just been sitting for years.
    • Kinsman by Bill Pronzini
      Johnny Halloween by Norman Partridge
      Mediums Rare by Richard Matheson
      Horror Hall of Fame anthology, edited by Joe Lansdale
      Poe's Lighthouse Anthology, edited by Christopher Conlon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a truly phenomenal case.

Country
    Country Flag

The case is nice, but that doesnt look exceptionnally nice IMO.
    Like, it looks nothing like the quality of the Suntup roman for instance.
    Would be interesting to know what kind of price, the (unknown number of copies) will be sold at. The lettered Carrie were at 1k according to the official listing.

So, does CD now enters the roman numeral limitation market?
    They released "Carrie" back in 2014, so, not quite, but almost 10 years ago
    I bet those roman numeral are already sold

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The case is nice, but that doesnt look exceptionnally nice IMO.
    Like, it looks nothing like the quality of the Suntup roman for instance.
    Would be interesting to know what kind of price, the (unknown number of copies) will be sold at. The lettered Carrie were at 1k according to the official listing.

So, does CD now enters the roman numeral limitation market?
    They released "Carrie" back in 2014, so, not quite, but almost 10 years ago
    I bet those roman numeral are already sold

I strongly disagree. If you look at the additional images from the link, the case comes together with the cutout of Carrie. In addition, the opening featuring King's signature (presumptuously an original) is an added bonus. I think it's a brilliant concept, well executed.

No idea who may have their hands on the 1/5 Roman Numbered books, but this looks great.

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen the other pictures too.
    It looks nice, but not incredibly nice in my opinion

I like the cutout idea, and the signature is nice.
    But it's just "nice". The sig being on display make it looks like it's THE thing of this edition. Not the design of the book.
    And it's "just" a signature on a small piece of paper. Not a signature sheet. And it's not inside the book.

Anyway, i have no doubt it will sell
    Just need to look at the Cichon Books, which some are nice and some others not so much imo

Country
    Country Flag

The case looks amazing, very inventive.

The stuck on signature (likely from some random flatsigned book) that King probably had no way of knowing it would end up on a ‘Roman’ is a cheap way of making an expensive book. I think it drags it down. At least create a signature sheet and tip it in.

Now if the context is that these are being made as a fundraiser, ignore the rant, or maybe giving them to the 5 longest waiting customers as a sweetener, then sweet.

Back to the case, perfect.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read that the signatures were cut from leftover signature pages from the IT s/l.
    its a good looking case and I'm interested to see what's going to be done with these copies.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

That would be a fair way to use those spare signatures, and explain why it's "just" a signature

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be a fair way to use those spare signatures, and explain why it's "just" a signature
    Other publishers have used extra King signed tip in sheets. It works well when its a full sheet and only has King's designation, and signature, but is lacking other info or signatures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 874 of 890 FirstFirst ... 374 774 824 864 872 873 874 875 876 884 ... LastLast