Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 875 of 890 FirstFirst ... 375 775 825 865 873 874 875 876 877 885 ... LastLast
Results 21,851 to 21,875 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I read that the signatures were cut from leftover signature pages from the IT s/l.
    its a good looking case and I'm interested to see what's going to be done with these copies.
    Given the recent offer of purchasing unused signature sheets, I’d have gladly seen them used for that, rather than a totally different purpose to what they were signed for.

But as they say, opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I read that the signatures were cut from leftover signature pages from the IT s/l.
    its a good looking case and I'm interested to see what's going to be done with these copies.
    ill be selling one of them
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Did CD have 5 spare lettered Carries lying around?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably PC copies from Rich's personal collection
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Probably PC copies from Rich's personal collection
    yep He keeps a lot of his books he makes in multiples.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are 7 copies : 5 roman numeral and 2 PC
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    ...maybe giving them to the 5 longest waiting customers as a sweetener, then sweet.
    That or have a lottery with the 5 winners receiving the books immediately and then paying CD in 5 or 10 years depending on their mood or circumstances all the while sending endless emails to CD asking for more in-stock items they will pay for later, or maybe not, as well.

Country
    Country Flag

There is a lottery.

However the book is indeed an extra lettered + traycase + extras

People interested should email Rich NOW. They will be put in a lottery, and the winners will be drawn on sunday night and contacted right away
    Books will be shipped in march

Apparently, 120 people have expressed interest.
    Which means, they wanted to know more about the project.
    Not necessarily that they can afford to spend slightly over 5k for this

Traveler MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP's Avatar

To give CD SOME credit, they recently sent me a slipcase (for Later - appropriate book name, I'll agree). Also, they've informed me that my lettered copy of William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist Screenplay For The 21st Century will ship in February.

On the flip side, I ordered this book 2.5 years ago and I might chalk up the delay mostly to Covid except the numbered edition had already been sent out in 2018 or thereabouts (and it was the CDCC 2014 book!).

I'm reluctant to order more from CD but every now and again they tempt me with something I can't resist (The Stand for example) and they eventually deliver a very decent product.
    Wanted: DT II & DT III #21 or #627

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It looks like a gorgeous production, but having the signature on the slipcase is ... odd. I assume the book will also be signed?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistaP View Post
    To give CD SOME credit, they recently sent me a slipcase (for Later - appropriate book name, I'll agree). Also, they've informed me that my lettered copy of William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist Screenplay For The 21st Century will ship in February.

On the flip side, I ordered this book 2.5 years ago and I might chalk up the delay mostly to Covid except the numbered edition had already been sent out in 2018 or thereabouts (and it was the CDCC 2014 book!).

I'm reluctant to order more from CD but every now and again they tempt me with something I can't resist (The Stand for example) and they eventually deliver a very decent product.

All small press publishers (Centipede, Lividian & Suntup to mention a few) have dealt with the same issues but have done a much better job of managing through the crisis. There is no excuse for CD's chronic inability to deliver product in a timely fashion. It borders on negligence.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    It looks like a gorgeous production, but having the signature on the slipcase is ... odd. I assume the book will also be signed?

HBJ
    You would be wrong, given the signatures comes from unused IT sheets

Country
    Country Flag

Given Rich is looking to sell them, I am sure it's fine for me to share the full details, so here is what he sent me regarding the book :

Details for this unique edition of CARRIE are listed below. Demand will far outnumber supply, so all five copies will be available via a lottery. If you would like to be included, please email cdancepub@aol.com with ENTER ME IN THE CARRIE LOTTERY in the subject line. We will choose and contact the five randomly-selected winners on Sunday evening. If you do not hear back from us on Sunday, your name was not selected. As of this evening, we've received over 120 email inquiries. Good luck, everyone!

CARRIE
    Roman Numeral edition

Print Run:
    · 5 copies – numbered 1-5 in roman numerals
    · 2 copies – marked as PC copies

The Book:
    · These copies are very rare overrun printings of the Carrie Deluxe Lettered Edition from Cemetery Dance’s Doubleday series.
    · Printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock.
    · Hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers.
    · There will be a custom cut, foil application of the roman numeral applied to the lower spine portion of the front cover that will also match an identical demarkation to the case, just below King’s autograph on the left of the signature window.

The Traycase:
    · This two-part traycase is designed with acid free, 90pt book board and covered in the finest papers available—both inside and outside. Assembled by hand with exacting attention to detail, the laser cut ‘Carrie’ design is carried over from the box to the lid. The signature window allows for the red papering to surround Stephen King’s authentic signature. Foil accents finish off the design of this one-of-a-kind case. Your roman numeral will appear on the outside of the traycase, matching the roman numeral inside your book, as well as on the front board of the book’s cover.

Extras:
    · This unique edition will also ship with a six-inch tall, custom-cut and laser engraved figure of Carrie White—utilizing the artwork seen on the cover of the book. Each figure is cut from a piece of aged walnut and will also be marked with the matching roman numeral.

Cost:
    · This unique edition sells for $5,000 (plus $50 shipping and handling). Copies will ship in March.

Copies will ship in March.
    Of what year? I'd get that in writing before parting with 5K.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The production updates page mentions Paul Tremblay’s Disappearance at Devil's Rock (in which I may have an interest), but a search of the site shows nothing for it - is it possible they haven't listed it yet?
    Just bumping this in case anyone has any information.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Given Rich is looking to sell them, I am sure it's fine for me to share the full details, so here is what he sent me regarding the book :

Cost:
    · This unique edition sells for $5,000 (plus $50 shipping and handling). Copies will ship in March.
    Guess they needed a $25,000 bridge loan.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Cost:
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

From PMK :

"You guys know me well enough to know that I like to give as much value to a project as I can . . . with the announcement of the Roman Numeraled edition of Cemetery Dance's Carrie . . . I thought it would be nice to go the extra mile and give more than just a sweet case . . . these 6" figures, made from a beautiful walnut board . . . laser engraved on both sides . . . with the matching roman numeral engraved on the back along with the CD logo . . . just a little something to make the whole experience a little more special for the 5 lucky buyers. Huge thanks to Richard Chizmar for giving me the OK to show these off!"

> https://www.facebook.com/groups/19th...9230387130079/

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cost:
    Exactly. Making up high priced new editions from the leftovers so he can pay to complete projects that customers paid for years ago.
    CD is an embarrassment.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Cost:
    Exactly. Making up high priced new editions from the leftovers so he can pay to complete projects that customers paid for years ago.
    CD is an embarrassment.
    If he wants to put them together and sell them to keep the shop running to eventually publish the extensive prepaid backlog then more power to him. I won't be in the market for them but there seems to always be collectors waiting and willing to pay for such oddities.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Cost:
    CD is an embarrassment.
    If he wants to put them together and sell them to keep the shop running to eventually publish the extensive prepaid backlog then more power to him. I won't be in the market for them but there seems to always be collectors waiting and willing to pay for such oddities.
    That's a fair point. I simply no longer trust them and chose to cancel my last order(s) with them a couple of years ago.

This CD thread now has 875 pages and goes back nearly 16 years.

Post #1 from May 29, 2007:
    Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes.
    This is not a new problem for CD. This is has been going on for a very long time.
    Mark Twain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like what PMK has done for the case and his bonus extra figure. I enjoy the creativity and execution he put into this project. I think PMK is to be commended.

That’s the best I can say about this project. I think CD is doing a money grab with this pricing, but being CD, they’ll get it. If the funds go into backlogged projects already preordered and prepaid many years ago, I’d be surprised. Chizmar seems much more focused on promoting his and his son’s own writing projects these days rather than honoring old unfinished business for which he already has collected everyone’s money.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ...Chizmar seems much more focused on promoting his and his son’s own writing projects these days rather than honoring old unfinished business for which he already has collected everyone’s money.
    While SK has higher priorities it is surprising that he's never issued an ultimatum to Chizmar regarding the delays in the Doubleday series let alone CD books in general. More than any other small press publisher SK is linked with CD and at some point, you'd think he would be embarrassed to be associated with such a poorly run operation.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Chizmar seems much more focused on promoting his and his son’s own writing projects these days rather than honoring old unfinished business for which he already has collected everyone’s money.
    I set up rules in my email accounts that move any emails containing "Billy Chizmar" or "Richard Chizmar" to my trash folders, like I did with "boogeyman" way back when.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Imagine running a company that publishes signed Stephen King books into the ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 875 of 890 FirstFirst ... 375 775 825 865 873 874 875 876 877 885 ... LastLast