Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 887 of 890 FirstFirst ... 387 787 837 877 885 886 887 888 889 ... LastLast
Results 22,151 to 22,175 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

The worst part of the signed CD magazine is that according to Rich's Instagram, it's only available as a giveaway, not to current subscribers. You know those of us who actually paid money to receive one issue every four years.

I've watched this thread for years, and while I've kept my opinions to myself, I have cancelled all but three preorders, but this whole SK offering to sign copies and then people who've actually invested in the company don't even have a chance, was a bit of the last straw.

I'm not some expert in how to run business, but it does look like he doesn't care about CD (I'm just now seeing those posts about the publishing contracts that they've canceled - WTF?) and his focus is entirely on himself. Which is fine, but he's ruining all of the goodwill a very small community has given him. Which probably doesn't even matter in the long run. We're just small fish.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    The worst part of the signed CD magazine is that according to Rich's Instagram, it's only available as a giveaway, not to current subscribers. You know those of us who actually paid money to receive one issue every four years.

I've watched this thread for years, and while I've kept my opinions to myself, I have cancelled all but three preorders, but this whole SK offering to sign copies and then people who've actually invested in the company don't even have a chance, was a bit of the last straw.

I'm not some expert in how to run business, but it does look like he doesn't care about CD (I'm just now seeing those posts about the publishing contracts that they've canceled - WTF?) and his focus is entirely on himself. Which is fine, but he's ruining all of the goodwill a very small community has given him. Which probably doesn't even matter in the long run. We're just small fish.
    I've seen a lot of fantastic people with really long fuses finally reach their ends. I'm more of a reactionary, dramatic guy. So I've been screaming about this for a long time. I scream about everything so it's not a real indicator of a problem, I guess. Which is why it shakes me to see some of the most solid Cemetery Dance supporters begin to boil over. Martin, Ben, you, Ron, you all have been the adults in the room when I've thrown my tantrums. If it's the final straw for some of you, then that's really the final straw.

Through all of this, not a f**king peep from Dick Chizz. He owes us more than books.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I've seen a lot of fantastic people with really long fuses finally reach their ends. I'm more of a reactionary, dramatic guy. So I've been screaming about this for a long time. I scream about everything so it's not a real indicator of a problem, I guess. Which is why it shakes me to see some of the most solid Cemetery Dance supporters begin to boil over. Martin, Ben, you, Ron, you all have been the adults in the room when I've thrown my tantrums. If it's the final straw for some of you, then that's really the final straw.

Through all of this, not a f**king peep from Dick Chizz. He owes us more than books.
    I do not believe I have thrown a tantrum and I have not cancelled my pre-orders but I have basically stopped paying attention to what CD has to say. I have been a regular customer of theirs since 1998 and to be Honest they have never delivered product in a timely matter. The difference is that they always communicated delays and is some cases compensated people for excessive delays. At this point their communication is non-existent and inaccurate. I believe I pointed out on a recent post that to this day they still have the next issue of the magazine as delivering in 2023. That is only one example of the useless communication CD is providing. I do not do social media so I have no comment on the signed magazine complaints. I will say that I am, like most people, not interested in complaining or begging a business for basic communication. I, and most people, simply take my business elsewhere. Most of my limited-edition dollars is going to Lividian and Suntup and I have no complaints.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

I have five books still on preorder with CD, four because I bought them with store credit and if cancelled, will receive store credit and not cash. The fifth is The Stand which I purchased on 7/21/14 as part of a "Top Secret Stephen King Super Collectors Grab Bag". As part of the grab bag you could choose any Doubleday Years artist edition and I picked The Stand. I did pay cash for the grab bag but don't want any money back, just the book.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Chizmar is so gung ho on himself why hasn't he gotten Gwendy's Final Task -- Signed Special Edition out. I know it's only been three years now, but his name is on it...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The 50 King signed magazines are just a possibility. Not even in the preorder stage

What happened was that King said on twitter that Rich should send him 50 copies to sign :
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...65906445488332

Whenever the mags will be ready (still being in the works as Rich posted on twitter that people should contact him if they want to put ads in that issue, so it's not finalized yet, therefore not at the printer), :
    https://twitter.com/RichardChizmar/s...61680607510838

As a reminder, the ordering page :
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/cemetery-dance-79.html
    The magazines are confirmed. KingCon has an ad in the mag. It will be shipping in March. The 50 signed copies are also confirmed....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The 50 King signed magazines are just a possibility. Not even in the preorder stage

What happened was that King said on twitter that Rich should send him 50 copies to sign :
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...65906445488332

Whenever the mags will be ready (still being in the works as Rich posted on twitter that people should contact him if they want to put ads in that issue, so it's not finalized yet, therefore not at the printer), :
    https://twitter.com/RichardChizmar/s...61680607510838

As a reminder, the ordering page :
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/cemetery-dance-79.html
    The magazines are confirmed. KingCon has an ad in the mag. It will be shipping in March. The 50 signed copies are also confirmed....
    confirmed for people that do not already have a subscription, I gotta go buy another one for a chance....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Excellent news that KingCon is advertised in the magazines Kris.
    However for King to sign 50 copies for Richard Chizmar, shows a healthy disregard for all the collectors who willingly pay for books that are either epic in their delay, or do not arrive at all. It is beyond comprehension that King is unaware of the poor regard that is held for Cemetery Dance and its egotistical owner Chizmar.
    Fame, success and financial security do not, or should not, allow you to flaunt decisions like this in front of a clientele who are severely mistreated and lied to.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Just received notification that my Best of Cemetery Dance 2 lettered edition is about to ship.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    However for King to sign 50 copies for Richard Chizmar, shows a healthy disregard for all the collectors who willingly pay for books that are either epic in their delay, or do not arrive at all. It is beyond comprehension that King is unaware of the poor regard that is held for Cemetery Dance and its egotistical owner Chizmar.
    I'll give SK the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't know the details - he probably knows they are in bad shape and this seems like a way to help. Maybe I'm naive, but I doubt that he 1. cares, 2. knows, 3 cares to know the ins and outs of a small publisher other than good feelings for the owner.

Having said that, if I was the owner of a company and I wanted to grift a customer base by hooking new rubes with a signed item while stringing along the old rubes who have to wait for their preexisting orders, it would of course look like this.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'll give SK the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't know the details - he probably knows they are in bad shape and this seems like a way to help. Maybe I'm naive, but I doubt that he 1. cares, 2. knows, 3 cares to know the ins and outs of a small publisher other than good feelings for the owner.

Having said that, if I was the owner of a company and I wanted to grift a customer base by hooking new rubes with a signed item while stringing along the old rubes who have to wait for their preexisting orders, it would of course look like this.
    Agreed about the SK comment.
    I think that Steve saw the announcement and decided to offer as a friendly gesture to sign some copies and that's it
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Agreed about the SK comment.
    I think that Steve saw the announcement and decided to offer as a friendly gesture to sign some copies and that's it
    I disagree. The fact that SK has co-authored books with Chizmar goes beyond a standard small press relationship and if he is not aware of The Stand delays then shame on him.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Ben Mears.
    It is impossible that the feedback reference Chizmar and CD has escaped King’s notice.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    Just received notification that my Best of Cemetery Dance 2 lettered edition is about to ship.
    Excellent: congratulations, Jason.
    There's hope again my lettered Joe Hill, Strange Weather, will ship as well before I'm no longer around to enjoy its arrival.

sk

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Canceled The Stand and Pet Sematary orders. We'll see what happens.
    Happy to report that Mindy responded within a week and provided full refunds for both pre-orders via PayPal. Would rather have the books but could no longer justify supporting Chizmar's way of doing business.

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Ordered the new CD magazine 79 with new SK story. The extra hour

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chad Lutzke isn’t happy with CD right now.

https://x.com/ChadLutzke/status/1753...961420494?s=20
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I suspect a similar post from SK would yield immediate results.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

I suspect a similar post from SK would yield immediate results.
    Good for Lutzke. To be honest, I can't believe that King has not done something about this. I find it hard to believe that he doesn't know this is happening. Shame on him and his handlers - they should know as well.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What are the odds this book has even gone to print

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

What are the odds this book has even gone to print
    It did go to print. The people who bought direct from CD are still waiting on their books. I haven't gotten a shipping notice and the book was released days ago. I asked Lisa Lebel if they were shipping and I didn't get a response. (I actually can't even find my comment on her post announcing the release day of the new Lutzke title.) While those who ordered through Amazon already have theirs.

It's a trade paperback. HOLY shit. I only bought it direct from CD because I had store credit sitting there and I want to use it while there's still a store. And on the rare occasions that CD ships a book, they do a much better job than Amazon. At this point it's either have the dinged book or no book at all, I guess. Joke's on me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I have nine books that were ordered more than five years ago:

Patience or stupidity?

11/11/2013 1 Turn Down the Lights artist edition
    12/08/2013 1 Book Club 2014 - Waiting by Rick Hautala
    05/27/2015 1 We're All in this Together (Limited Edition) lettered
    05/31/2015 1 We're All in This Together (Limited Edition) limited
    07/13/2015 1 The Best of Shivers S/L
    10/21/2015 1 Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn S/L
    04/26/2016 1 Dark Screams: The Signed Limited Edition Hardcover!
    05/02/2016 1 In Sunlight and In Shadow (Special Edition)
    08/04/2016 1 Dark Debts (Cemetery Dance Gold Seal #1)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Patience or stupidity?

I think it's only stupidity if you're hurting for money.

And I'm not sure the only other option is patience. People could also be holding on to ridiculously old preorders due to determination, stubbornness, indifference, delusion, forgetfulness, death, refusal to accept defeat, masochism, laziness, or the insane thrill of surviving the impossible.

[QUOTE=jeffingoff;1277653]
    ...or the insane thrill of surviving the impossible.
    Cracked me up.

For me The Stand & Pet Sematary pre-order money wasn't the issue; nor was FOMO. It was simply time to stop participating in Chizmar's Ponzi scheme.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Patience or stupidity?

I think it's only stupidity if you're hurting for money.

And I'm not sure the only other option is patience. People could also be holding on to ridiculously old preorders due to determination, stubbornness, indifference, delusion, forgetfulness, death, refusal to accept defeat, masochism, laziness, or the insane thrill of surviving the impossible.
    I qualify for about half of those.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 887 of 890 FirstFirst ... 387 787 837 877 885 886 887 888 889 ... LastLast