Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 742 of 890 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742 743 744 752 792 842 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Working on photos of the Sleeping Beauties slipcased Gift Edition tonight. These aren't finished, but I am just about for the night... ha!

For the endpapers, we went with a heavily tactile paper stock to evoke the nature theme from the book. (I know that's not the sort of thing we talk about much, but we do think about it!)

Brian
    Any idea when the numbered and lettered editions will be completed and shipped? I swear that I had just qualified for AARP when I bought these through another party and now it seems like it's time for Social Security enrollment.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Any idea when the numbered and lettered editions will be completed and shipped? I swear that I had just qualified for AARP when I bought these through another party and now it seems like it's time for Social Security enrollment
    I really can’t decide whether to post the most recent update, which I think answered these questions in great detail, or to ask for your time traveler credentials because the math doesn’t add up here...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King:
    All of the printing is done! Our printer has finished slipcasing the Gift Edition books as well. The Limited Edition traycases have arrived in the warehouse and look awesome.

All 24 *pallets* of books are loaded up at the printer, and UPS Freight is scheduled to pick them up next week. Dan has made room in our warehouse and in our overflow warehouse next door. Mindy is preparing lots and lots of orders, putting in a TON of change of addresses! There is A LOT of paperwork to process now to get everything ready for these to ship, but the Gift Editions and the Signed & Numbered Limited Edition should begin shipping in mid-May. Shipping all of the orders will take approximately four weeks, and if you ordered directly from us and have been receiving the production updates via email, you will receive a shipping notification via email.

For those who ordered the Deluxe Signed Lettered Edition, our high-end case maker has started work on the special box that will be the key presentation piece for holding and protecting the book, but those won't be completed for three to four months due to the heavy, intricate hand-work involved. Watch for those to ship this fall. We'll email you an update when we have a more specific timeframe.

Thank you again for all of your patience!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Any idea when the numbered and lettered editions will be completed and shipped? I swear that I had just qualified for AARP when I bought these through another party and now it seems like it's time for Social Security enrollment
    I really can’t decide whether to post the most recent update, which I think answered these questions in great detail, or to ask for your time traveler credentials because the math doesn’t add up here...

Brian
    Only two years 1 week ago
    Ordered April 2017. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Brian
    Only two years 1 week ago
    Ordered April 2017. 😃
    Yeah... and AARP membership is age 50 and early Social Security retirement benefits are available at age 62... So time is doing something funky! Well, no matter what's going on, the good news is, the wait is almost over, regardless of which timeline you come from!

Brian

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I want a lettered! For free!
    I also want world peace, a tax-free tropical island to live on with a climate controlled room (about 500' by 500') in my mansion on the beach to store my CD books in.

See to it...now.

Oh yeah...please
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

I think I've been pretty forthright about the delays and problems with Sleeping Beauties, but I just realized I forgot to share something here that I shared on the CD Forum this week, which you might find interesting. So here I go, with a little more detail since I have some additional time tonight! But I'm also pretty exhausted, so many more bonus typos for you... we shall see!

As you all know by now, last June one of our printers closed their doors without warning -- and with Sleeping Beauties and other projects trapped inside. (And the deposit payments, some quite large, never to be seen again, unfortunately.)

Anyway, we shifted gears, moved the projects around to our other two printers, and got things rolling again... but a few weeks after we started Sleeping Beauties at the oldest of our printers, the one we printed our very first book with in 1992 (!), they privately notified us that they had entered bankruptcy proceedings...

This slowed the production process WAY down, which is why the book printing took nearly six months longer than planned to finish from the time it started with them.

Every time they went to order a special material, they had to pay upfront (a process their system wasn't configured for and caused endless headaches) and some vendors still wouldn't work with them.

They’ve also been losing trained staff along the way as people have left for other gigs, and of course they haven't been hiring replacements for the people who left, leaving shifts short. (Our favorite account rep at any of the vendors we work with had to bail, which I’m still bummed about. He was a guy who could Get. Things. Done.)

The good news is, they did finally finish Sleeping Beauties and it's beautifully done, and at the same time, they completed the bankruptcy process with one of our other much bigger printers buying them. So, their facility is getting rolled into this much bigger and healthier company, which is great for the terrific people who work there.

Now, I know some people will ask WHY we didn’t post about this sooner...

The main reasons are:

1) Based on their situation headed into bankruptcy, we knew they would finish the book, even if it was the last book they printed and there was one guy there doing it by candlelight.

2) We didn’t want to cause a panic among our collectors given the trouble this book had already gone through. If, for some reason, they did close their doors without completing the book, we would have been able to try again with another printer -- probably the one who bought them. (It was clear from the beginning they had valuable assets that would be bought and rolled into a bigger company, and we were fairly sure who it would be.)

But, we did want to share this information now, so you'd have a better idea of what had happened along the way with this project. We know some people will see this as us "just making excuses," but they probably would have also been unhappy either way, and I'm not sure what "making excuses" is good for now that the books are done and will be shipping this month.

Thank you again to everyone here, as always, for being awesome.

Brian

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was Strange Weather one of the other projects affected by this?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I think I've been pretty forthright about the delays and problems with Sleeping Beauties, but I just realized I forgot to share something here that I shared on the CD Forum this week, which you might find interesting. So here I go, with a little more detail since I have some additional time tonight! But I'm also pretty exhausted, so many more bonus typos for you... we shall see!

As you all know by now, last June one of our printers closed their doors without warning -- and with Sleeping Beauties and other projects trapped inside. (And the deposit payments, some quite large, never to be seen again, unfortunately.)

Anyway, we shifted gears, moved the projects around to our other two printers, and got things rolling again... but a few weeks after we started Sleeping Beauties at the oldest of our printers, the one we printed our very first book with in 1992 (!), they privately notified us that they had entered bankruptcy proceedings...

This slowed the production process WAY down, which is why the book printing took nearly six months longer than planned to finish from the time it started with them.

Every time they went to order a special material, they had to pay upfront (a process their system wasn't configured for and caused endless headaches) and some vendors still wouldn't work with them.

They’ve also been losing trained staff along the way as people have left for other gigs, and of course they haven't been hiring replacements for the people who left, leaving shifts short. (Our favorite account rep at any of the vendors we work with had to bail, which I’m still bummed about. He was a guy who could Get. Things. Done.)

The good news is, they did finally finish Sleeping Beauties and it's beautifully done, and at the same time, they completed the bankruptcy process with one of our other much bigger printers buying them. So, their facility is getting rolled into this much bigger and healthier company, which is great for the terrific people who work there.

Now, I know some people will ask WHY we didn’t post about this sooner...

The main reasons are:

1) Based on their situation headed into bankruptcy, we knew they would finish the book, even if it was the last book they printed and there was one guy there doing it by candlelight.

2) We didn’t want to cause a panic among our collectors given the trouble this book had already gone through. If, for some reason, they did close their doors without completing the book, we would have been able to try again with another printer -- probably the one who bought them. (It was clear from the beginning they had valuable assets that would be bought and rolled into a bigger company, and we were fairly sure who it would be.)

But, we did want to share this information now, so you'd have a better idea of what had happened along the way with this project. We know some people will see this as us "just making excuses," but they probably would have also been unhappy either way, and I'm not sure what "making excuses" is good for now that the books are done and will be shipping this month.

Thank you again to everyone here, as always, for being awesome.

Brian
    WOW. Thanks for sharing! I know a few of us already suspected losses. And what was going on. Is everything back on track with CD? I can’t imagine small companies taking big hits and being able to bounce back! Hope things go a lot smoother here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Strange Weather hit a snag due to a non-work related issue an artist had to deal with (family matter), but it’s in good shape. Assuming no one slow rolls the signature sheets, and I will do my humanly best to encourage them to be diligent...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Strange Weather hit a snag due to a non-work related issue an artist had to deal with (family matter), but it’s in good shape. Assuming no one slow rolls the signature sheets, and I will do my humanly best to encourage them to be diligent...
    Gotcha and I believe you did explain that before in the Hill thread I was just curious as to what else might have been trapped along with SB.

And go to sleep! It's after 4 in your neck of the woods.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    WOW. Thanks for sharing! I know a few of us already suspected losses. And what was going on. Is everything back on track with CD? I can’t imagine small companies taking big hits and being able to bounce back! Hope things go a lot smoother here on out!
    We have a good list of "ready for the printer" books, and after we get Night Shift rolling (I believe June is Richard's plan, after the dust settles from settling all of the bills on Sleeping Beauties), we're going to do some fresh prioritizing and slotting.)

We're lucky as small companies go. We have a very loyal customer base that has been with us for a very long time. And readers and book collectors are not like other "types" of customers. In addition, CD's owner has some hobbies that include making movies and writing books, which often turn out to be pretty profitable!

My fun fact before I turn in for the night: when the magazine added COLOR to the cover for the THIRD ISSUE in 1990... people at NECON predicted the company was doomed.

It was something Richard mentioned at an Aberdeen IronBirds game in 2002 when we met in person for the first time, and I've never forgotten it.

Best,
    Brian

It is! Ha! I've been burning the midnight oil for a project of my own... gotta get a bunch of ducks in a row for a May 13 announcement. (Can I find one more cliche to finish with? Nope... Okay, then.)

But yeah, I'd better turn in, we're hosting a family birthday party in about seven hours and it would be good to be a little coherent for it!

Brian

And... I'll swing back and clean up all of the typos in tonight's posts after I get some sleep. They are plentiful, I'm sure.

Country
    Country Flag

It is! Ha! I've been burning the midnight oil for a project of my own... gotta get a bunch of ducks in a row for a May 13 announcement. (Can I find one more cliche to finish with? Nope... Okay, then.)

But yeah, I'd better turn in, we're hosting a family birthday party in about seven hours and it would be good to be a little coherent for it!

Brian
    Looking forward to that announcement!

I find it best be inebriated at most family functions

I find it best be inebriated at most family functions
    This is the GOOD side of the family I like... otherwise... Hey, wait a moment, I think I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

With Night Shift headed to the printers soon, do you have a rough idea when the Doubleday Years edition of The Stand will go up for sale?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Hi Brian,

With Night Shift headed to the printers soon, do you have a rough idea when the Doubleday Years edition of The Stand will go up for sale?

Thanks
    I don't have a specific timeframe yet. I'll post a note when I get a better feel for what Richard is thinking, though!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Hi Brian,

Thanks
    I don't have a specific timeframe yet. I'll post a note when I get a better feel for what Richard is thinking, though!

Brian

Thanks Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

any good Samaritan here who could help me obtain the coming CD limited edition of sleeping beauties for a reasonable price. Long story short: my son is an inspired artist and just started a year ago to get into king ( mission accomplished ;-) and when he saw Jana artwork for the book he was blown away. I like to give him a nice present for his graduation from senior high school. But I'm short on budget. Hope someone could help. Thanks. This place is awesome.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you can't locate a S/L you could always secure a copy of the limited artwork portfolio (link below)

https://www.cemeterydance.com/sleepi...portfolio.html

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    If you can't locate a S/L you could always secure a copy of the limited artwork portfolio (link below)

https://www.cemeterydance.com/sleepi...portfolio.html

Mulleins
    Great response! that's what I was going to say as well. It might be better to get the portfolio if he's moved more by the artwork than the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Good idea but I doubt the portfolio will be ready for shipment by the time of your son's graduation.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Good point i thought about it, but he actually really liked the book and he became a King fan, so his first signed book with this great artwork should be a dream for him.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    any good Samaritan here who could help me obtain the coming CD limited edition of sleeping beauties for a reasonable price. Long story short: my son is an inspired artist and just started a year ago to get into king ( mission accomplished ;-) and when he saw Jana artwork for the book he was blown away. I like to give him a nice present for his graduation from senior high school. But I'm short on budget. Hope someone could help. Thanks. This place is awesome.
    I'm not sure if this will be more than your budget will allow but Jana might still have some originals for sale. You could contact her and let her know she's inspiring a new artist. I purchased a piece from her and she's really nice. I have her email if you are interested.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 742 of 890 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742 743 744 752 792 842 ... LastLast